You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mourinho press conference

Hermes

Guest PurpleNose
Inter are not and never have been the biggest club in Italy. I posted the details a few weeks ago with references to the source.

Being the biggest club is irrelevant. We're the biggest, or second biggest club in England. We don't have the most, or second most resources though. All it actually says is that we've been run appallingly off the pitch.

Inter have the biggest spending power in Italy.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone repped me saying Shanks would be spinning in his grave at the prospect of Mourinho here.

I dont think he would be.

More so with comments like "expectations are too high" and "we controlled the game" I imagine, people with the winning mentality of Mourinho would have gained his respect if anything.

Agreed.

Seeing his beloved club believing (or people connected to it) that 4th is over achieving would send him spinning much more.

When he came we played on a waste land of a pitch with a ground falling down and no training ground.

Did he say we'll never compete?

Did he fuck, he rolled up his sleeves and he got on with it.

Its taking the pressure off his team isnt it who are struggling at the minute.

haha, top of the league and 2-1 after the first leg and struggling!

"Now, if we attack where the line is strongest, then Fritz will think that our reconnaissance is a total shambles.This will lull him into a sense of false security, and then next week we can attack where the line is actually badly defended. And win the greatest victory since the Winchester flower-arranging team beat Harrow by twelve sore bottoms to one!"

Agreed.

Seeing his beloved club believing (or people connected to it) that 4th is over achieving would send him spinning much more.

When he came we played on a waste land of a pitch with a ground falling down and no training ground.

Did he say we'll never compete?

Did he fuck, he rolled up his sleeves and he got on with it.

So how come he didn't roll up his sleeves & win the title at Carlise,Grimbsy or Huddersfield?

Because they didn't have the fans & therefore the money to win the title after the war (despite H'Field winning it as recently then as we have now)

Shankly was an intelligent man who could therefore do basic maths & if approx. 90% of the League rank is determined by an exogeneous variable then over- or under- achievement is based upon how you perform against that benchmark.

However people choose to wear their sleeves, that is the modern reality.

Mourinho is a pantomine villian who understands that which is why he always picks the highest payers to manage.

Clever,extremely well-paid man because of that insight, yes. Especially noteworthy in a footballing sense, no.

He's a cunt alright, but a good cunt and all you doubters will grow to love him when he arrives here.

I can't think of a single reason to come here that, for a non-Red, would outweigh the multiple reasons not to. And that's even assuming we could afford him in the first place.

haha, top of the league and 2-1 after the first leg and struggling!

"Now, if we attack where the line is strongest, then Fritz will think that our reconnaissance is a total shambles.This will lull him into a sense of false security, and then next week we can attack where the line is actually badly defended. And win the greatest victory since the Winchester flower-arranging team beat Harrow by twelve sore bottoms to one!"

I meant struggling for form not struggling like er...us.

So how come he didn't roll up his sleeves & win the title at Carlise,Grimbsy or Huddersfield?

Because they didn't have the fans & therefore the money to win the title after the war (despite H'Field winning it as recently then as we have now)

Shankly was an intelligent man who could therefore do basic maths & if approx. 90% of the League rank is determined by an exogeneous variable then over- or under- achievement is based upon how you perform against that benchmark.

However people choose to wear their sleeves, that is the modern reality.

Mourinho is a pantomine villian who understands that which is why he always picks the highest payers to manage.

Clever,extremely well-paid man because of that insight, yes. Especially noteworthy in a footballing sense, no.

Code. I'm putting you on ignore mate. I cant deal with your theories or reasoning anymore.

I can't think of a single reason to come here that, for a non-Red, would outweigh the multiple reasons not to. And that's even assuming we could afford him in the first place.

His ego might fancy it though.

He who returns us to the promised land will be set in stone.

So let me get this straight...

Many fans on here hate Rafa because they believe that his teams play "shit" football, because he is shit in the transfer market, and because he can't motivate his players......

Lets, for a moment, humour these fans and accept that what they say is, indeed, correct (although it clearly isn't).

Now lets look at Mourinho...

He won the league twice with Chelsea, but with a spine that was created by Ranieri and with an unlimited transfer budget. He also signed absolute shite like Kalou, Mikel, Haim, Shevchenko, Kezman, Tiago, Ferreira to name but a few.

He also played some of the shittiest football I have ever seen (with a far superior squad to Liverpools). You think Rafa plays it defensive, well check out Mourinho and the shit that he serves up every fucking week at Inter!

Now this is a man who is managing (again) the richest and strongest team in the league, and he is still JUST ABOUT keeping his head above water. As has already been noted, he has been shit in Europe (despite his massive squads/superior financial backing) and he is scraping the Serie A title despite the fact that his opponents are fucking shite and that he has a squad that probably costs twice as much as any other.

Now if you want Rafa gone that is fine, but why the fuck would you want this man at the helm?! he JUST ABOUT wins leagues when he has all the resources in the world, imagine what he would do when faced with a £0 budget every summer...

Add to this the fact that he is a fucking mouthy little shit faced cock master and its no surprise that I have decided to stick with Rafa throughout this little sticky patch.

I don't go in for the Shankly comparisons, but there was one line I remember Mourinho said that struck me as Shankly-esque. After he won his second title with Chelsea, he chucked his medal into the crowd and said "I've already got one medal, I don't need another."

Anyway, as I said, I don't really go for those comparisons myself. Both were undoubtedly charismatic, but whereas I think Shanks was motivated by a genuine love of the game, I do think Mourinho's ego provides a major motivation for him. I don't mean that to sound like a negative as such because the vast majority of the top managers these days are egotistical. Hell, Rafa certainly is, he just goes about it in a different way.

To be honest, if Rafa did leave in the summer, you'd have to be daft not to at least consider him for the job. Providing he leaves Inter obviously and would be interested in a paycut.

Its taking the pressure off his team isnt it who are struggling at the minute.

That wont do them any harm for tonight. If they were battering every team in Serie A every week they wouldnt be getting a challenge. At least they know tonight that they have to improve.

Come the Nerazurri.

Think he'll win tonight, and if Inter do, I'd then fancy them to go on and win the Champions League(which wouldn't prove anything because he had two billion to spend, plays shit football, is arrogant and so on).

Makes me laugh how soft some people are. You're free to shout all manner of abuse at him about his team, his tactics, his wife, him being a cunt etc etc but if he reacts, well, that would be unacceptable and a disgrace to the sport.

That video is funny.

So at the time you were applauding him saying fair play for defending yourself?

The mans an odious cunt.