You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think a lot of what he's saying is pretty flawed but he's got the right to say it if he wants to. I think it's very rich saying that we're too reliant on Carragher given the season he's having though. Obviously everyone carries their own bias around with them and his friendships are going to colour what he says. I suppose he can't win; if he came out and said Carragher has had a poor season then we'd call him for having no loyalty. I'm not sure I buy the suggestion from Johnny that Carragher and Gerrard wouldn't cause trouble in the press, a certain Sunderland game from a while back seems to suggest the opposite.

That could be part of his point though Monty - Carra has for me his first relatively poor season for a while and look how our defence is struggling too cope.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of what he's saying is pretty flawed but he's got the right to say it if he wants to. I think it's very rich saying that we're too reliant on Carragher given the season he's having though. Obviously everyone carries their own bias around with them and his friendships are going to colour what he says. I suppose he can't win; if he came out and said Carragher has had a poor season then we'd call him for having no loyalty. I'm not sure I buy the suggestion from Johnny that Carragher and Gerrard wouldn't cause trouble in the press, a certain Sunderland game from a while back seems to suggest the opposite.

Ok. Maybe there was a bit of hope in my comments. I really hope they haven't as I can't think of anything mor un-Liverpool like from a Captain and vice-Captain of this club.

Don't mind people having a go at the manager, but fucking hell, he seems a bit thick and more than a tiny bit bitter. "oh it's not because he turfed me out of the club", no siree.

It's why i'd love Rafa to prove them wrong, myself included in that, because in all this, all the sniping, he's stayed dignified for the most part.

If Gerrard and Carra are cauing trouble, then Rafa has to grow a backbone there and sit them out, end of. We had Carra refusing to play right-back last season, he should have been dealt with then, but Rafa bottled that. I don't think he has the balls because as much as we'd argue otherwise, those two are bigger than the club atm.

I suppose that Gerrard and/or Carragher may well have expressed their personal opinions on the current state of affairs to Murphy, but I shouldn't think they did it with a view to him amplifying that through the back pages of national newspapers.

Murphy has given his viewpoint and has chosen to color that with reference to people who are close to the club. If anything, those who he refers to - whoever it is - are likely wishing that he had said nothing and certainly grateful that he didn't mention them by name....although who else is left at the club from when Murphy last played there? I can't think of anybody.

Don't mind people having a go at the manager, but fucking hell, he seems a bit thick and more than a tiny bit bitter. "oh it's not because he turfed me out of the club", no siree.

It's why i'd love Rafa to prove them wrong, myself included in that, because in all this, all the sniping, he's stayed dignified for the most part.

If Gerrard and Carra are cauing trouble, then Rafa has to grow a backbone there and sit them out, end of. We had Carra refusing to play right-back last season, he should have been dealt with then, but Rafa bottled that. I don't think he has the balls because as much as we'd argue otherwise, those two are bigger than the club atm.

It's easy to say he's just bitter, and he doesn't help by just giving one side of the equasion. I don't particularly agree with what Hansen said on Match of the day but he was balanced and respectful when he suggested that if results don't change soon then the pressure will come to bear on Rafa.

That's not just for negative comments in the press either. If someone like Balague comes out and just goes on about all the positives then the article immediately isn't worth shit as there's no balance to it.

He's certainly not saying anything that the majority of fans aren't already saying.

I wouldn't blame him for being bitter about being sold either, on this season's form he would walk into our midfield.

Fuck off Stronts. I've got him in my fantasy football team so I know exactly how many telling contributions he's making. Motherfucker's being kept out the side by Milijas and Etherington, that's how much he's delivering for me.

It's easy to say he's just bitter, and he doesn't help by just giving one side of the equasion. I don't particularly agree with what Hansen said on Match of the day but he was balanced and respectful when he suggested that if results don't change soon then the pressure will come to bear on Rafa.

That's not just for negative comments in the press either. If someone like Balague comes out and just goes on about all the positives then the article immediately isn't worth shit as there's no balance to it.

To be fair Stu, if he's doing an interview then he's going to just give his opinion isn't he? He's probably weighed everything up in his head and then come to his own conclusion.

I don't have a problem with Danny Murphy expressing his views. He isn't part of the club any more so what he says isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. Having said that, i'm interested to read his views because he comes across as an eloquent and analytical guy when it comes to football (or he as at least any time i've seen talking about it).

He may be right, he may be wrong, that doesn't means he's a cunt. There are plenty of other people in the press putting across the other side of the argument of defending Benitez so I think it's fair for people to express their honest opinions.

How could he be bitter about us when he couldn't make it at Spurs. He is entitled to his opinion. "His friends" at the club probably knew about this article and are happy for it to be printed.

I have always thought Murphy would make a good manager one day.

I'M FUCKING SICK OF 'EM ALL.

WHY CAN'T THEY ALL FUCK OFF AND KEEP THEIR STUPID FUCKING OPINIONS TO THEMSELVES.

We know we are in the shit, we know alot of the reasons, why the fuck do they think gobbing off to the fucking cunts in the press is gonna make any fucking difference.

FUCK EM ALL. CUNTS!!

EDIT: Made a coffee, had a spliff and calm again. Bit pissed that this shit has caused me to have a smoke in the middle of the day but hey ho.

I dont think hes said much wrong myself. I know the pundits often go over the top about us on a negative slant but too many people on here seem to be the opposite an act like everythins fine or maybe accept how things are going.

We have lost nearly half the games we have played this season in all competitions and both the manager and the players deserve criticism in my opinion.

Im not one of these who would give them shit at the match but away from the ground I think there is no point burying your fuckin head in the sand.

We havent won a trophy for 3 years going along 4. Thats not good enough. We all know there has been outside issues but I dont think we can blame us not winning a trophy on these.

Danny Murphy is a Liverpool fan an although he doesnt agree with Benitez selling him I dont think he is necessarily just saying this coz of that.

If we dont win the europa I wonder at what point people accept that 4 years is an acceptable time frame to go without a trophy at Liverpool FC?

There are plenty of other people in the press putting across the other side of the argument of defending Benitez so I think it's fair for people to express their honest opinions.

Usually players who are still actively playing do not discuss the goings on in their old club. They may talk about what happened in their own case, but otherwise it is seldom you hear direct comments.

Murphy is not "press". Well, he may feel that he is at the end of his career and preparing to be a pundit. Good start, fits in well with the rest of Murdoch's empire.