You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Looked awesome for Forest today against Wednesday, certainly too good for that level.

Wonder why he was never really given a shot here? Can any regular reserve watchers shed any light on it?

I know there's a big class gulf between the leagues, but on that display, I'd rather his pace, skill and direct approach than that cunt Babel anyway and maybe Riera half the time too for that matter.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just seen the highlights as well. I don't wish to over react to watching 5 minutes on the BBC, but here goes.

He was excellent. Touch, vision and pace. There's not Many we've got wrong when it comes to off loading, but he certaintly could be one.

I hope there's a buy back/sell on clause in that deal

Looked awesome for Forest today against Wednesday, certainly too good for that level.

Wonder why he was never really given a shot here? Can any regular reserve watchers shed any light on it?

I know there's a big class gulf between the leagues, but on that display, I'd rather his pace, skill and direct approach than that cunt Babel anyway and maybe Riera half the time too for that matter.

Don't know about latterly but he was great in the first season in the reserves but then went off the boil. There were, as is always the case in these situations, rumblings about "mentality".

Saw Anderson a couple of times for Forest last season and was always impressed, but to suggest he's better than Babel reminds me of the whole Spearing-Lucas debate. In that it's bollocks.

A better argument is whether Anderson's a preferable option to El Zhar, which I'd say he was, just about. Plus we'd probably have got more money for El Zhar - a French club'd give us a couple of million for him, rather than the peanuts we got off Forest.

Not actual peanuts, obviously.

Because he wasnt good enough to force his selection, that's why.

We never give players a 'shot' in the first team, that's what lesser teams do. To get a game for LFC you have to show you're better than the player you are replacing or, are selected because the current player in that position is injured.

Its whay spearing wont get that game. If he gives away a pen in the last minute of a low pressure reserve team game, then, he's going to be a liability in the PL where the pressure is far higher.

We never give players a 'shot' in the first team, that's what lesser teams do. To get a game for LFC you have to show you're better than the player you are replacing or, are selected because the current player in that position is injured.

Its whay spearing wont get that game. If he gives away a pen in the last minute of a low pressure reserve team game, then, he's going to be a liability in the PL where the pressure is far higher.

Bollocks.

Lucas v Wigan.

There was an interesting interview with the regular scout on Radio City yesterday and he was saying that Fergie will play youngsters a few times a season - maybe late in a game when the match is won so that by the time they get to 21, 22 they've played for the club 200 odd times and he can then sell them for a few million to a smaller team as they perceive they're buying quality players. Fergie plays the market well in that regards it has to be said.

He was also questioning £250k on this youngster we've just bought and how come we can't find any local players that good...

The other 3 of the big 4 do it. Well more so United and Arsenal, but if it works for them, why can't it work for us?

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
The other 3 of the big 4 do it. Well more so United and Arsenal, but if it works for them, why can't it work for us?

I'm pretty sure that we've given more or at least the same amount of debuts to players promoted from within than Ferguson has over the last few years?

Could be wrong though

Not as wrong as comparing an established Dutch international who has scored important goals in the latter stages of the champions league to someone who was on loan to Nottingham Forest

I'm pretty sure that we've given more or at least the same amount of debuts to players promoted from within than Ferguson has over the last few years?

Could be wrong though

Not as wrong as comparing an established Dutch international who has scored important goals in the latter stages of the champions league to someone who was on loan to Nottingham Forest

Yeah, that's madness. Even if Babel has been total dogshit bar the odd game for the past 12 months.

Dunno about the other thing, but it's not as if others aren't doing it, which is what the person I quoted was getting at.