You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

We have lost 5 games by a combined 9 points with Brees throwing a pick 6 or turning over the ball in the red zone in a fair few losses.

If Romo had done what Brees had some this year he would have been slaughtered by the media.

The season after New Orleans won the superbowl didn't they get into the playoffs as a wildcard behind Atlanta, and then were massive favourites in the wildcard game against Seattle who fluked in by winning their shit division with a 7-9 record, but then Seattle won with the Beast Mode run?

Could be the exact opposite in reverse this season.

Can't fucking believe I got beat by Carvalho this week. Rodgers and that new Packers defensive system fucked me in the arse. Not sure wether it was the Pack or the Bears that contributed more to the fucking, though.

Trades proposed to Doganella and Stockton Stranglers.

Just going to warn everyone know while they are about

We have been playing a man down all season as the Lads have had no owner and with other asking for a reduction when i send the emails out in July it will be a first come first in for the 14 places so we do not end up waiting on owners till the last weeks again.

I wonder if he still feels like this after last night:

http://www.unclesamsports.com/end-2nd-quarter-chicago-bears/#more-977

A combined 106 - 37 in 2 games and looking like everyone has given up. I’d say they have to sack someone, just to get back to something that resembles a winning ways.

They won't you know. 

DC Mel Tucker will be the sacrificial lamb at the end of the season and the rest will keep their jobs because the Bears ownership doesn't like firing people with time left on their deals. 

Trestman should go but it's not that straightforward as does that mean they let the GM who hired him have another crack, or do they fire him too? They're basically stuck with Cutler no matter what as who else is going to take on that contract? So getting rid of Trestman means yet another offensive co-ordinator for Cutler and yet another scheme for him to learn.

They're basically screwed.

Anyway, this was what I wrote on it...

http://www.unclesamsports.com/3-bears-making-wrong-kind-history/

We're still looking for more people to get involved and write stuff for us by the way, so anyone who wants to give it a go, feel free.

That Cutler deal isnt a long term killer

If a good QB falls to you in the draft its only next year were Cutlers deal bites. From 2016 his deal can be cut with only $3ml in dead money.

For anyone that doesnt understand the cap ins and outs

Much like the Kaepernick and Dalton contract the headline numbers don't tell the whole story.The only numbers to pay attention to are the guaranteed money and the signing on fee.If a player signs a 5 year $50ml deal with $22ml guaranteed and $15ml of it is a signing bonus after the player has been paid £22ml he can be cut from his deal without seeing the rest of the money. The signing bonus is spread out over the length of the deal and is generally used to keep the deal low paid in its initial first year or two.So the $15ml will be $3ml per season over 5 years,even if the player is cut or traded the team will be paying 'dead money' for the length of the deal

Not long term, but it's a short term killer as pretty sure he has three years guaranteed, meaning two more after this. He's actually the highest paid player in the NFL this year.

We could draft a QB this year in the 1st round, but they aren't going to because they're still paying Cutler for two more years so he'll be starting. Unless Tennessee or someone decides to take a punt on him.

Its only this year and next year from looking at the cap numbers

http://overthecap.com/player/jay-cutler/130

Once you hit 2016 his dead moneyis only $3ml so he could well be cut if a better QB is found. I cant see them drafting a rookie QB unless somebody falls that is too good to turn down. 

Just looking at your cap breakdown you look to have plenty to spare this year and even more in 2016. I could see the front office getting some younger players at DE and CB/S this year. Not seen much of the bears live but the defense looks poor.Kyle Fuller has looked pretty good so far

Just reading this, they can cut him but it means a lot of dead money.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/10/bears-technically-arent-stuck-with-cutler/

They have to decide if they want him gone that badly or if they should draft someone to groom for 2 years time.

Our draft will be defense loaded again this year I think, as you say we need to get better/younger at DE and S.  The offense looks good on paper, they stink on the field but where would you improve in the draft? Another WR would help but really the offense i stacked and there's no excuse for them being so bad.

Just going to warn everyone know while they are about

We have been playing a man down all season as the Lads have had no owner and with other asking for a reduction when i send the emails out in July it will be a first come first in for the 14 places so we do not end up waiting on owners till the last weeks again.

Yep and i think im the only one who doesnt get to play him, Grrr.   Mind you he nearly won last week with 2 players on a bye and 1 on IR still in his team.

I was going to set his line up but i didnt realise until week 2 or 3 and it would have been unfair after some teams had virtual byes playing him.

Mind you he played Woo two men down and still put up 110pts

Andre Johnson getting his only double digit game and Cam putting up more than double his second best score

I have Vereen,Decker,Stewart and Dalton on the block