You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Phil Dowd

Crazyhorse7778

had Voronin had a bit more about him he would have scored instead of taking the easy option.

What are you talking about? He hadn't reached the ball at that point, so how was he supposed to score. And since when is being virtually rugby tackled before he could get to the ball, how was he 'taking the easy option?'

That having been said, I don't think you could point a finger at Dowd when we have a team of more deserving suspects.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No baring at all. It was a penalty but how many chances did we create? One? Two? Not really good enough is it? Perhaps if we played anywhere near our best we wouldn't have to rely on penalty appeals. Fans blaming referees for everthing really gets on my nerves.

So we agree

I dont like criticising refs because generally, they're in a no win situation and they do a difficult job. But once in every so often you get gross incompetence and for that there's no excuse.

For the life of me, I cant see how we picked up so many yellow cards and a red if you include Lee being sent from the bench.

dowd was waving cards around at our players like confetti yet lots of spurs challenges on Torres went unpunished never mind frre kicks.

Every time dowd gave a free kick against us you could see by his whole demeanor he was itching to brandish a card as well. His face was always contorted, he gesticulated in an exaggerated manner.

IMO mascherano got booked for a 50 / 50 tackle.

How on earth dowd ignored at least one of our other two penno claims is beyond me. The lad who scored spurs openner clearly handled the ball away with his upper arm.

We played poor today but with dowd brandishing yellows our way each of the players booked had to be doubly careful not to mistime a tackle and get sent off.

It really was one of the most inept reffing displays I've seen in a long time and he rightly desreves every bit of criticism.

Guest davelfc

It really was one of the most inept reffing displays I've seen in a long time and he rightly desreves every bit of criticism.

He was exactly the same in the Atlético game, which is why I was worried when I saw him today. He's a prick and must have a dislike for Torres, that's the only reason I can think of for his actions today.

As already said, we shouldn't be relying on penalty shouts to get results at place like Spurs. The ref did not have a good game, but in that respect he was like most of the team today. Forget the penalty claims. There were two incidents that annoyed me today.

Pepe took a quick goal kick in the second half, and Dowd pulls play back 2-3 seconds afterwards whilst we were on the attack. The ball goes back to Pepe, who plays another quick ball to Carragher to start the attack again. Dowd stops it again. Maybe if the ref used his whistle properly and signalled clearly that Spurs were about to make a sub, we wouldn't have had this little farce. Pepe and Carra were not best pleased to say the least.

Benayoun being penalised for handball on halfway. Haven't seen a replay of the incident, but again Dowd waited 2-3 seconds whilst Benayoun ran off down the middle on another attack, before pulling play back for the free kick. Dowd then spouts off about it being handball, trying to convince himself more than anything.

It doesn't bode well for when he next refs a Man U game. With Rooney, Ferdinand and Giggs in his face it won't be long before he loses control of the game. No doubt this forum will then be filled with cries of favouritism towards Man U, and of the leniency shown to Rooney/Whiskeynose when they start foaming at the mouth again.

Edited by kopaloadofthis
by Ronaldo I of course meant Duck-lips!

Why are you all getting on the lads back for saying the referee was shit? Sure, we were fucking garbage and didn't deserve anything, but you can still isolate it from a bad performance and say a bad decision went against you. You can play absolutely diabolical but if you deserve a penalty, you should be given it no matter how fucking shite you play. If the lad was saying we lost purely because of Dowd, then fair enough, but I think it's legitimate to say Dowd was useless.

Total Bollocks, he didn't give a stonewall pen ..

Whether it was deserved, is totally fuckin irrelevant .. :whistle:

Agreed,pen would have changed the score[

QUOTE=Agt Provocateur;1855362]I agree, that was an absolutely bizarre decision.

Again , Dowd fucks up...Time for a hit to be ordered

We were shite today, no arguments there, but we still could've snatched a point had he awarded that penalty.

First penalty we scored, that was 1-1. But then we let in a soft goal if I remember rightly. Why couldnt we have just scored from open play?