You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Murdoch's Scum Credentials All In Order I See

Anubis

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Haha sorry mate, palpatine won’t die, they will just freeze the bastard and keep regular updates like Wilford on snow piercer

I will never give up the hope mate. Right wing cunt he is, yet we have wankers who support our great team who couldn't be further away from their political beliefs, let that sink in. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Sometimes it’s just about as rebellious as a wanker can get. 

I would call it hypocrisy. How the fuck could you support Liverpool and what it entails yet have a right wing belief. Laughable, and says more about that person than anything else. A mixed up person who doesn't realise what they believe in. It's quite funny when you think of it. 

25 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I would call it hypocrisy. How the fuck could you support Liverpool and what it entails yet have a right wing belief. Laughable, and says more about that person than anything else. A mixed up person who doesn't realise what they believe in. It's quite funny when you think of it. 

Aye, it’s a funny old game. 
so did you shit the bed or  insomnia? 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Aye, it’s a funny old game. 
so did you shit the bed or  insomnia? 

I actually watched the game again and the afters (recorded it). Insomnia is my middle name, so I might as well enjoy the time insomnia gives me. Despite being awake all night I feel quite good although the alcohol will catch up on me. 

20 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I actually watched the game again and the afters (recorded it). Insomnia is my middle name, so I might as well enjoy the time insomnia gives me. Despite being awake all night I feel quite good although the alcohol will catch up on me. 

Haha fair play mate, I had a bastard of a day yesterday (Wednesday) got fuck all kip, fell out with myself, havent really got into the footy much, watched the mini match, will watch the celebration a bit more after work.

have had 1 bevy in 6 on the Friday we were confirmed champions. Gonna stay off it for a few more weeks.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Haha fair play mate, I had a bastard of a day yesterday (Wednesday) got fuck all kip, fell out with myself, havent really got into the footy much, watched the mini match, will watch the celebration a bit more after work.

have had 1 bevy in 6 on the Friday we were confirmed champions. Gonna stay off it for a few more weeks.

I've drank nothing as such due to Covid, Dr's orders. But went for it tonight. Nearly finished a bottle of double Oak JB and feel fine. Not sure how i'll feel later mind. 

21 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Wait until he hears who our Brazilian players voted for.

It’s well known Fabinho’s missus was supporting Bolsonaro. As with everything in life, don’t take your politics from footballers / musicians / actors etc as you can be sadly disappointed, same as expecting your politicians to be good musicians / footballers / actors / comedians etc.

its nice when you have a bit of a crossover eg Klopp, Strummer, Bragg, McDonnell, Maxine Peake, but that should not be the focus.

and inevitably if their art or public portrayal does not accurately reflect their politics then it may influence your enjoyment of the art. 
fuck all wrong with that, football players these days are so remote, it’s like expecting to have something in common with a fucking supermodel.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Newspapers should be banned from display outside shops and petrol stations, they should be on the top shelf with razzle and fiesta. Athough newspaper sales are thankfully falling the front page propaganda is still there, spewing out the seeds of the billionaire owners bollocks as people walk in and out, also children congregate around shops and they should be protected, I'd rather they look at penthouse.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Newspapers should be banned from display outside shops and petrol stations, they should be on the top shelf with razzle and fiesta. Athough newspaper sales are thankfully falling the front page propaganda is still there, spewing out the seeds of the billionaire owners bollocks as people walk in and out, also children congregate around shops and they should be protected, I'd rather they look at penthouse.

That's only so you can get used copies from the bushes and hedgerows and not have to pay for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Gammon TV, wonderful- https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/aug/29/rivals-plan-fox-news-style-opinionated-tv-station-in-uk

Rivals plan Fox News-style opinionated TV station in UK
Groups pitching to perceived desire for alternative output as trust in BBC falls

Jim Waterson Media editor

Sat 29 Aug 2020 06.00 BST

Shares
A camera operator.
 ‘The prize is twofold: political influence and potential profits.’ Photograph: Allen Kee/AP
Rival efforts are under way to launch a Fox News-style opinionated current affairs TV station in Britain to counter the BBC.

One group is promising a news channel “distinctly different from the out-of-touch incumbents” and has already been awarded a licence to broadcast by the media regulator, Ofcom, under the name “GB News”. Its founder has said the BBC is a “disgrace” that “is bad for Britain on so many levels” and “needs to be broken up”.

A rival project is being devised in the headquarters of Rupert Murdoch’s British media empire by the former Fox News executive David Rhodes, although it is unclear whether it will result in a traditional TV channel or be online-only.

The Guide: Staying In – sign up for our home entertainment tips
 Read more
Both are pitching to a perceived gap in the market for opinionated video output fuelled by growing distrust of the BBC among some parts of its audience, especially on the political right over culture war issues such as Brexit and whether Rule, Britannia! should be sung at the Last Night of the Proms.

The prize is twofold: the political influence that would come with breaking the BBC and Sky’s control of British rolling news, along with the potential profits if it is possible to replicate some of the enormous audiences that tune in to watch opinionated talkshow hosts in the US, where Fox News is hugely profitable.

GB News is the work of a company called All Perspectives, controlled by two British-American executives who are associated with the US billionaire John Malone. Known as the “cable cowboy”, Malone chairs Liberty Global, the owner of Virgin Media, as well as the parent company of the Discovery television network.

Andrew Cole, one of the co-founders of GB News, also sits on the board of Liberty Global. He told the Guardian he hoped to be able to discuss the project in September, but he has previously made clear his views on the broadcasting landscape.

He told his LinkedIn followers that the BBC was “possibly the most biased propaganda machine in the world” and to “watch out for announcements of famous presenters and the launch of a completely new TV news channel for the UK – one that will be distinctly different from the out-of-touch incumbents”. He added: “The people need and want this new perspective.”

Sources with knowledge of the project suggested GB News was in discussions with Discovery about a tie-up, with the potential for an announcement in September. It has a licence in place and while this does not guarantee the channel will make it to air – or that it will be called GB News – it means Ofcom has been provided with the outline business case, distribution plans and intended audience. Discovery declined to comment.

The challenge both projects face is the UK’s strict broadcast rules on due impartiality, enforced by the media regulator. One possible route around them is to follow the lead of the radio station LBC, which has achieved record audiences by realising that the rules can be interpreted to allow strongly opinionated presenters, so long as they are balanced out elsewhere in the schedule with alternative viewpoints.

A similar model has been followed by Piers Morgan’s outbursts on ITV’s Good Morning Britain, which regularly become talking points online and drive substantial traffic to tabloid newspapers. News UK’s TalkRadio has pushed this tactic further, with regular debates on culture war hot topics rapidly turned into clips shared on social media.

Rhodes, who was hired by News UK in the spring and most recently served as president of CBS News, is said by sources at the company to have the backing of Lachlan Murdoch, the heir apparent to the business empire. He has been seen taking an interest in the TalkRadio model. A News UK spokesperson declined to comment on the suggestion that a fully fledged news channel was in the works but confirmed he was continuing to work on “video projects”.

One of the great unknowns of any such project is the role of Nigel Farage. The former Ukip leader left LBC amid staff anger over his comments on migrants crossing the Channel, but he has the potential to deliver a ready-made anti-BBC, pro-Brexit audience. He has recently appeared on the Sun’s YouTube channel and TalkRadio, both owned by News UK.

Anything that delays his hateful rags from being printed is a great thing for the people of this planet 

Extinction Rebellion activists have delayed the distribution of several national newspapers including The Sun after blocking access to printing presses owned by Rupert Murdoch.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/extinction-rebellion-newspaper-protest-sun-times-mail-murdoch-print-delay-a9706361.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

The Sun among newspapers disrupted by Extinction Rebellion printing press protests

• Upvote 2