You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Self stating the obvious.

Interesting that Julia Hartley-Brewer tried to spend the entire programme painting him as a condescending elite, perhaps that's the tack the right will take in anyone stating facts over the next while (in line of course with Pob face Gove's previous remarks).

Also David Gauke's statement on the decrease in inequality is solely due to a Lib Dem decision to remove income tax for the lowest earners and some of the effects of the financial crisis, I would envisage though that people at the bottom end are far more likely to feel the pinch in their wallets via the rise in inflation combined with stagnated wages.

How%20has%20inequality%20changed%20to%20

Hartley-Brewer was annoying the shit out of me when she said more than half the country voted for Brexit, which she said more than once. I couldn't believe nobody on the panel or audience told her it was just over half of those that voted on a 72% turnout, and that a large majority of younger people who were unable to vote were against Brexit.

The Portuguese (she sounded Portuguese anyway, and said she was a European migrant) woman said comfortably the most intelligent thing on the program when she spoke about how other countries have had made the restrictions that the EU allow to have some degree of control over migration. She basically called out the government for it's complete dishonesty. Her point was met by complete silence as the majority of the audience, with their combined IQ of 38, didn't understand a fucking word she was saying...in her fucking second language.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Hitchens the only person talking a mediocum of sense.

An alt right nut case in the crowd, with a dose of UKIP bells and some hopeless, blunderbuss chair of the Labour Party to offer "balance".

God, the future of this country is grim.

It's the coming waves of immigration from climate change that have me genuinely concerned, it'll make the movement of people from Syria and Africa over the last 5 years years look like drop in the ocean stuff. I think in that kind of environment our institutions will come under serious pressure and it will be fertile ground for right wing reactionary parties. Fortunately our press have been softening up the public's mindset to oppose 'forrins' for ages, so when we start keeping them in cages or machinegunning them from our coasts people will just shrug.

It's the coming waves of immigration from climate change that have me genuinely concerned, it'll make the movement of people from Syria and Africa over the last 5 years years look like drop in the ocean stuff. I think in that kind of environment our institutions will come under serious pressure and it will be fertile ground for right wing reactionary parties. Fortunately our press have been softening up the public's mindset to oppose 'forrins' for ages, so when we start keeping them in cages or machinegunning them from our coasts people will just shrug.

Being an island we are bettet off than most.