You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Sounes Era

Cork Red

Is it fair to lump the blame on liverpools decline on graeme sounes feet.I mean there was signs of decline towards the end of kenny dalglishes time as manager.He also blooded steve mcmanaman jamie redknapp and robbie fowler.In the history of liverpool dvd mark wright says if sounes was given more time he would have been a success.Hmm interesting theory.

Is it fair to lump the blame on liverpools decline on graeme sounes feet.I mean there was signs of decline towards the end of kenny dalglishes time as manager.He also blooded steve mcmanaman jamie redknapp and robbie fowler.In the history of liverpool dvd mark wright says if sounes was given more time he would have been a success.Hmm interesting theory.

Mark Wright, what the fuck does he know about football?

Souness's time as manager? I can remember losing my glasses celebrating a goal against QPR on a rainy midweek game. Also laughing at Paul Stwearts head as he ran/staggered towards the Annie RD in one of his early games. Also going mad when we beat Luton in a cup game? things were different then

The 3-3 mancs...but can also remeber sitting in my aunties after a game wondering what the fuck we were doing in 13th or so place in the league.

Strange times

Souness's time as manager? I can remember losing my glasses celebrating a goal against QPR on a rainy midweek game. Also laughing at Paul Stwearts head as he ran/staggered towards the Annie RD in one of his early games. Also going mad when we beat Luton in a cup game? things were different then

The 3-3 mancs...but can also remeber sitting in my aunties after a game wondering what the fuck we were doing in 13th or so place in the league.

Strange times

The derby game when brucie and macca had a punch up.

After the shock of Kenny leaving i was delighted when news broke Souness had got the job.Thought the good times would just roll on,how wrong was i! Didn't he have to off load a few players due to the new number of foreign players allowed in teams at that time? Plus there seemed to be an endless amount of injuries happening then.Which meant the new young guns had to be pushed into the team earlier than expected. Still won the FA cup though and stopped the mancs winning the title in '92. But fucked up big time with the "Loverpool" story in the Scum, which he admits was a major balls up on his part. That alone was enough for him to have to go let alone the results factor.Good pundit on RTE though never afraid to show his allegiance to the Reds.