You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Man Citeh

Red '84

I'll never understand how people see dirk in a different light. All game he tracked back and went forward in very good balance. He missed a good chance, got us a denied penalty then scored our winner. Most games since his return to form last year he's done the same.

In fact since his return to form last season we've been the best team in the league.

But feel free to not like him, it's your loss cos he's here to stay.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never understand how people see dirk in a different light. All game he tracked back and went forward in very good balance. He missed a good chance, got us a denied penalty then scored our winner. Most games since his return to form last year he's done the same.

In fact since his return to form last season we've been the best team in the league.

Missed three chances that a technically gifted, pacey player would score and constaly gave the ball away. He was fucking awful, credit to him but we would've won comfortably with a top quality player on the right,

Riera is a completely different player to the one that was at Man City, I swear. We just need someone like thaton the right and we'll be premiership weiners.

He has improved a lot, I reckon. I think he'll get better for us as well, which is a bonus. He doesn't do anything spectacular as such, but then he doesn't really need to. He just needs to provide us with proper width on the left and whip in decent crosses. I'd like to see Babel get a run ahead of Dirk on the right though. I love Dirk, he's a great bloke and a real asset to the squad, but he's the new Danny Murphy/Luis Garcia - popping up with important goals to mask otherwise mediocre displays.

Regarding Carra's shouting at Skrtel - do people think he would have shouted if he'd known the severity if the injury? He obviously thought it was just a knock and wanted us to get moving again to try and get the goal, which is something I like to see from our players.

In hindsight he'll realise it was wrong, but fucking hell it's football, a game where adrenaline and emotions are running high (especially towards the end of a game you're chasing to win) so there was no malice.

Get a grip.

I like Kuyt a lot Thants, but being honest, I thought he had one of his poorer games since the turn of the year today.

I did`nt get to see the match today. Me and the missus have been away at the weekend, and i did`nt want to drag her home early ( again ) to watch another match.

So reading this thread knowing the score has been brilliant entertainment. And I dont mean in a smug way as although the knees were jerking bigtime at half time, had I been home watching, im pretty sure mine would have been jerking as well.

But yet again we have won points in the dying moments. How many points have we won in the last 10 minutes of matches this season? It`s a mark of a good team bouncing back. Off course we are`nt helping ourselves at times, but coming back from the death away at City is very very strong, and some players just keep on proving doubters wrong.

Kuyt again. I admit he is probably the player we have that frustrates me the most, but again he came up with a major contribution. Benayoun again proved decisive when (almost) everyone called for Babel. Sorry for Skrtel as it may look as he is out for this season, but that again proves why you need quality cover and why it is essential to get Agger tied up to a new contract.

Man... This is looking good.

Ps. where is that guy that always pops up with links to the goals. I need my fix.

well I think Rafa will be thinking the same and won't be as pleased as some people are. don't you agree that the performance, especially in the first half, was a joke?

I just think we should be winning more easily and robotic rather than busting a gut, the standard is just too high leaving it to the last minute

Yes and teams like Citeh should sit back and let us roll them over. You obviously weren't around in the 70's and 80's to watch us sneak 1-0 wins in the last 10 minutes.

The game I watched had us playing positive football with Citeh dead fucking fast going forward and getting the rub of the ball. But still we kept playing positively, pushing forward being patient and then taking our chances. Just like the teams of old. I posted at half time we can get back into it and not because I'm blind, but because I watched us playing positive footy. Now fuck off and let us enjoy it.

Regarding Carra's shouting at Skrtel - do people think he would have shouted if he'd known the severity if the injury? He obviously thought it was just a knock and wanted us to get moving again to try and get the goal, which is something I like to see from our players.

In hindsight he'll realise it was wrong, but fucking hell it's football, a game where adrenaline and emotions are running high (especially towards the end of a game you're chasing to win) so there was no malice.

Get a grip.

I missed people saying that but I agree with what you've said there.

He has improved a lot, I reckon. I think he'll get better for us as well, which is a bonus. He doesn't do anything spectacular as such, but then he doesn't really need to. He just needs to provide us with proper width on the left and whip in decent crosses. I'd like to see Babel get a run ahead of Dirk on the right though. I love Dirk, he's a great bloke and a real asset to the squad, but he's the new Danny Murphy/Luis Garcia - popping up with important goals to mask otherwise mediocre displays.

Improved a lot is an understatement.

Just coming off my almighty high and it is one almighty high. I will say he deserved some flak as middle season last year he was playing shit.

So it is for me understandable how some had second thoughts.

One of the best things in the world is he played himself out of that period and I QUITE LIKE THE FELLA. Take the quite out and you have it right there.

I might regret this in the morning but he reminds me of Keegan.

What did Hughes do or say? You can take the man out of Man U, but....

I'm sure he's blamed the refereeing for City's loss but it wasn't what he said but his reaction - he was screaming at the referee, the linesman and anyone who would listen, shouting all sorts of shite about how it was never a red card.

He was awful today. His passing was poor, his first touch was poor and his finishing was poor. It's a good job that the chance at the end was a tap-in otherwise he may have missed it.

I don't have anything against the guy personally, he's a great guy.

He needs to be dropped though if we seriously want to win the league. Just my opinion though, not saying i'm right and you're wrong.

I'm sure he's blamed the refereeing for City's loss but it wasn't what he said but his reaction - he was screaming at the referee, the linesman and anyone who would listen, shouting all sorts of shite about how it was never a red card.

The only reason they scored the second was because SWP or Robinho was so small, all they have to do is fall over to get a freekick.

Yes and teams like Citeh should sit back and let us roll them over. You obviously weren't around in the 70's and 80's to watch us sneak 1-0 wins in the last 10 minutes.

The game I watched had us playing positive football with Citeh dead fucking fast going forward and getting the rub of the ball. But still we kept playing positively, pushing forward being patient and then taking our chances. Just like the teams of old. I posted at half time we can get back into it and not because I'm blind, but because I watched us playing positive footy. Now fuck off and let us enjoy it.

Agreed. We were really positive from the first whistle and totally deserved the win.

The only reason they scored the second was because SWP or Robinho was so small, all they have to do is fall over to get a freekick.

They have a lot of pace as well, and it draws fouls. I thought the ref, aside from missing the clear penalty on Kuyt and not booking Skrtel for his CM Punk esque kick to the back, had a top game today.

Robinho, by the way, is totally overhyped.

At first I thought Skrtel only stayed down because he thought he had committed a foul. They will both laugh about it now and no doubt take the piss out of Carragher so its no big deal.

When I broke my leg earlier in the year our captain told me to go upfront and just do a job, as he didnt think I was in too much pain. I said I couldnt and he was pissed off about it. He gets ripped whenever he goes down now and it was actually quite a funny moment. Its laughable that anybody would be upset with Carragher.