You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Except Crouch wasn't and is not far superior... Also, the ridiculous stances on this board that overrated the tall man set my mind harder and harder against Crouch because I had to constantly argue the reality of Peter.

Nurse! Nurse! Unright is out of bed again, and this time he's got the bedpan on his head. Fetch me the rubber handcuffs....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the mans biggest fan but his actions on friday night have forced me to revise my opinion of him.

People don't like him. Their reasons vary from footballing to the his pony-taily and excellent dress sense. Basically he's been getting shit for the better part of 8 months from our fanbase.

I'm fairly certain Voronin is aware of the hatred that exists towards him for the stupidest of reasons. I say this because I don't think he was surprise when his arrival brought about boo's on Friday night.

Then it happened. The ball dropped from a fabulous pass from Spearing and Voronin's technique was spot on and he fired it in. However it was his shushing of the Anfield crowd that caught my eye. Nobody , except maybe Lampard, does that to us. For our own player to do it shows he must have balls because he knows exactly what that crowd can do. He knows he'll have to come back and play infront of them sooner rather than later.

Maybe it's because I dislike most of our fans or maybe it's because I like an under-dog but Voronin is now one of my favourite players at our club. I was considering getting Voronin 10 but thought it too much.

DAYTRIPPER!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough, by all rights we should support him on the pitch. But this is easier said than done with Voronin; he is God-awful and its hard to hold back sometimes. If I'm being honest, had I been there I probably would have joined in. I'm sorry if I come across as a traitor but I really don't like his attitude and I don't think he gives everything he has for the team.

He is only capable of doing what he's capable of doing. Rafa brought him here on a freebie as back up. Whilst he is costing us £30 grand a week you can't blame him for signing the contract any one of us would have signed it and you'd have to be bonkers to not want to play for us. I think he has decent technical ability, he just physically can't do what his brain wants to. He should never be booed though, no place for that sort of thing at this club, except for Diouf.

A lot of you are talking bollox and I think that you really need to look at yourselves. How can any Reds fan boo their own players, no matter how crap they are, Voronin may mot be every one`s fav player but why give the bloke such a hard time ?

It wasn`t that long ago we had a player called Eric Mayer , who was shit but become a cult hero, oh and yes then there was Igor Biscan, enough said really!!!!

A lot of you are talking bollox and I think that you really need to look at yourselves. How can any Reds fan boo their own players, no matter how crap they are, Voronin may mot be every one`s fav player but why give the bloke such a hard time ?

It wasn`t that long ago we had a player called Eric Mayer , who was shit but become a cult hero, oh and yes then there was Igor Biscan, enough said really!!!!

They both gave a 100% though. The hair is just a lazy cunt.

Don't get the animosity towards Voronin. We all know he's no Torres but he is a useful squad member for me, who cost nothing. I do see what Rafa saw in hi, he is an intelligent player and his link up play and movement in the Bundesliga was excellent. Unfortunately he does seem to be someway off the pace of the Premiership, but he still remains a useful squad player and his record for us is actually pretty good, 5 goals in 13 starts is far from poor.

As for taking the place of Nemeth, Nemeth is not ready to be more involved in the first team as yet, and at the moment is not as good as Voronin, although he does have the potential to be a very good player. I think the loan move to Leeds, as was muted, would have been ideal for Nemeth, he needs more first team action but is not yet ready to be thrown in at the deep end of the Premiership.

Someone told me he was booed as he slagged off the city in some german mag over the summer? not seen it meself, but he said something like he hates living in the city and the shops are shit compared to other places. i assume that means we don't seel shit, eastern european chav clothing.

I remember reading that, he was slagging off the hospitals (iirc) because his baby was sick and he ended up sending his child back to the Ukraine to have him properly treated, that and the lifestyle here in Britain compared to Germany. But I must admit there was quite a bit of what he was saying I agreed with.

Just done a search and here's the thread it came from.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/59775-fuck-off-voronin.html

Liverpool have been boosted by the news that Steven Gerrard was passed fit to travel and the skipper has been joined in the squad by Andriy Voronin who has been included as a reward for his impressive pre-season form.

Voronin has scored three times during pre-season, including an injury time winner in last Friday's 1-0 friendly victory over Lazio at Anfield, and has impressed Rafa Benitez with his attitude despite constant speculation that he is set to leave the Reds.

And despite reports that the Ukrainian's name had been omitted from Liverpool's squad list that they have to submit to UEFA ahead of involvement in European competition, Voronin has been included and will hope he has done enough to convince his manager that he deserves to play in tomorrow's first leg at Stade Maurice Dufrasne.

Though highly unlikely to force Fernando Torres or Robbie Keane out of the starting line up, Voronin could feature as a substitute even though he would be cup tied for European competition should he feature.

Benitez is willing to take that risk, however, as he recognises the importance of qualifying for the lucrative group stages of the Champions League and wants to be able to select from his most in form players for the clash with Standard.

But Voronin still faces an uphill struggle if he is to convince his manager that his long-term future lies at Anfield and he is one of a number of players who could be sold before the transfer window shuts on August 31 should Liverpool receive a suitable offer for his services.

But until and unless that happens, Benitez is happy to involve the former Bayer Leverkusen man in his plans and believes his pre-season form shows he still has something to offer the Reds.

"Voronin has done a good job during pre-season and he has scored some goals, so his confidence is good," said Benitez.

"He has shown that he is a good player and that is why he is in the squad.

"I was surprised that someone was talking about him not being on the list at the weekend when we did not even submit the list to UEFA until yesterday.

"The players themselves did not know who was on the list until yesterday."

Rafa Benitez sets Standard for Liverpool's Champions League trip - Liverpool Echo.co.uk

There was booing in the kop in response to the retards singing about Gareth Barry - from what I can see those who weren't there or couldn't hear the barry chants then decided it was Voronin being booed.

There was an audible groan when Voronin lost the ball on half way because he was too slow - after that the lads body language was poor - maybe he thought he was being booed maybe somebody in the anny road end was booing him which I couldn'y hear in the kop -but it was a shush to the crowd

the premise of this thread that he's some type of hard done by super hero is toss - he's a decent player who hasn't got the rub of the green so far and its making him a bit 'precious'

the premise of this thread that he's some type of hard done by super hero is toss - he's a decent player who hasn't got the rub of the green so far and its making him a bit 'precious'

Because he's the hero that Liverpool deserves, but not the one it needs right now……so we'll hunt him… …because he can take it…because he's not a hero……he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector…a Blonde Knight.

I don't like Voronin because he's quite lazy and also for a striker some of his attempts at finishing are woeful.

I'd never boo him though, that's just fucking low.

When you're at the match you have to get behind the lads and then discuss their merits or failings in the boozer or on here etc.