You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Motty

Lurtz

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back Barry Davies. I used to like his posh commentaries.

Thing is though, that cunt was no fan of Liverpool, AND he loves the Frogs!!!

I remember the league cup semi final against QPR at Anfield and him shouting "OH NO, oh it's okay he's missed it", when a QPR player mishit a back pass, even the bluenoses I was with commented on it.

Hmm. Just two small points if I may, John: When you say "Puyol again" it was actually Senna who headed the ball out for the corner a second ago wasn't it, which you failed to acknowledge during the replay.

They aren't even the same colour!

Totally past it.

Did anyone notice when they showed Zidane and Wenger sat next to each other in the crowd Motty only mentioned Wenger?

He's probably forgotten who one of the best footballers there has ever been is.

"Oh I say, that man to Arsene Wenger looks like he has had a hard life." What a bonehead Motson is.

Guy Mowbray has been the best commentator out of the lot of them in my opinion. I don't mind Jonathan Pearce at all to be honest because he does know his stuff, a very knoledgeable footie bloke so I've heard. But Mowbray has been ideal as he hasn't been annoying enough to put you off the game but infomative enough to keep you interested. Like someone (Hammy I think) already said; dull enough not to be annoying. I think that, along with some good sound knowledge is what you should want from your 'tator.

This really, really has to be Motty's last outing though, please. Can you imagine him at the next world cup? Fucking hell.

That said - who's gonna commentate the footie at the Olympics? Fuck me, not Motty, surely?

What did he say when he said about Torres "well he is from Liverpool"? My brain starts wandering when he speaks.

Great shout. He'd just been bollocked by that (shit) ref and Lawro said something about him being much too nice a boy to be making tackles like that, which I thought was quite funny and Motshon says "Well, he ish from Liverpool." What the fuck??!! And your point is, Motshon?

Guest ian garro

I hate Motson so much its ridiculous....

How can anyone get so mixed up by the Villa/Silva/Senna conundrum ? His steadfast refusal to pronounce players names how they should be pronounced took my hatred to unprecedented levels last night.

Also, that stupid fucking little snivveling noise he makes at the end of every little forced laugh:- "well, he is from Liverpool, hehe-hngh".

Always remember him in the 90 cup final between the mancs and Palace, saying something like "it's my pleasure to report that the National Anthem was treated with great respect this year..." After we had completely drowned it out in 89 after there was no Royal presence at the Hillsborough memeorial. Twat.

Oh, and his "diseased Townships of Ghana" quote from the 06 WC.

Aaarrgh.....

I hate Motson so much its ridiculous....

How can anyone get so mixed up by the Villa/Silva/Senna conundrum ? His steadfast refusal to pronounce players names how they should be pronounced took my hatred to unprecedented levels last night.

Also, that stupid fucking little snivveling noise he makes at the end of every little forced laugh:- "well, he is from Liverpool, hehe-hngh".

Always remember him in the 90 cup final between the mancs and Palace, saying something like "it's my pleasure to report that the National Anthem was treated with great respect this year..." After we had completely drowned it out in 89 after there was no Royal presence at the Hillsborough memeorial. Twat.

Oh, and his "diseased Townships of Ghana" quote from the 06 WC.

Aaarrgh.....

In Mott-world, Senna is interchangeable with Silva and/or Villa.

Capdevila is Capdevilia.

Pirlo is Pearl-o.

Plus, the number of times he got Puyol mixed up with other Spanish players ain't funny.

It's one thing for it to happen once, but again and again and again throughout one game?

John, time to be put out to pasture, son.

Little red button in the top right hand corner...five live commentary. Easy solution. As soon as Motson and his "he he he ...well!" catchphrase comes on, i switch immediately. The beeb should bring back the "crowd noise" option, well better, but i don't mind the five live 'tators in a straight choice between them and Motson.

No one has mentioned motty's favorite phrase....'and here comes.....' or for a bit of variety

'their goes........' say's it every five feckin minutes, silly old fool.

As for match of the day, I'd like to see a Skinner and Badiel type audience format, allowing match going supporters a chance to put those twat pundits in their place occasionally.

No one has mentioned motty's favorite phrase....'and here comes.....' or for a bit of variety

'their goes........' say's it every five feckin minutes, silly old fool.

As for match of the day, I'd like to see a Skinner and Badiel type audience format, allowing match going supporters a chance to put those twat pundits in their place occasionally.

That is an outstanding idea. Instead of being 'told' by that massive twunt Peacock what went on in a game, replace him and have a fan debate it with a decent pundit like Hansen.

Actually, didn't they do that on ITV for a bit?

EDIT: I'm sending the BBC a transcript of this thread. The twats need to be told how awful their flagship 'tator really is.

And another thing, whenever Rooney picks up the ball anywhere on the pitch, be at his own corner flag, Motson has to scream "Roooooonneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyy".The most annoying thing ever.

yep and the same with ronaldo(brazil) especially during 2002 world cup, ronaldoooooooohhhhhhhh, used to annoy the shit out of me, even if ronaldo was in his own half he'd do it,

motsons always got right on my tits, i laughed last night though at the constant fuck ups, i havent ever heard him do that many before, hopefully thats his lot after this tourney.

johnathan pearce is a damn good commentater he should be the main one on the beeb, i know he used to be a tit on that robot wars nonsense but hes a very good footy commentater.