You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The-Sir

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rules:

1. All first round games must be completed before 1st May 2008. (One week more will be given for the Tom Ross vs derekhzll / S79 game due to the qualifier not being finished till next week.)

2. Any player failing to move within 7 days on his move will forfeit the game if his opponent reports it in this thread, unless the 7 day delay is agreed in advance (to cover holiday or other lack of access to the web).

3.The winner should post results in this thread.

Quarter Final draw will be posted here on 7th May, or when all first round games are complete. Whichever is sooner.

Ouch...Will people hate me if I beat Paul?

Everybody loves Paul.

I presume first name out of the hat plays as white.

Fine by me. I know Fool's Mate, by the way, if that helps you decide your opening gambit.

Round 1

1) Derekhzll - S79

You two were randomly drawn out of a hat first and as such have to play the qualifier.

The winner of this game joins the last 16. Decide between yourselves the means of which you play the game. As it is a game of speed chess, if there is no winner by 4pm next Thursday (10th of April) the person who moved last automatically goes through. SO MAKE SURE YOU FINISH THE GAME.

Good luck!

we have started...

Bloody hell. I've got a whole world of hope resting upon my finely formed shoulders.

And no cheating this time, Hermes. I've read the 2007 thread.

There was no cheating mate, but it gives me a sense of pride to think people thought I must have. A bit like all the football teams blaming referees when somebody wins the league every year in their country.

i'm out,was always on the back foot...

ste played a good game..

Cheers Derek, thought you had me cornered in at one point. You made an error early on and that probably just cost you. Enjoyed the match thanks.

GameKnot is good for this but I do prefer a quick fire game so it takes some getting used to.

LEF, how do you want to do this? Email? Or some fancy application?

(Don't forget to lube up)

Lets do the email one that was used last time. I cant use the application ones in work so they would make the game slow.