You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John Arne Riise admits he is unhappy at Liverpool...

rua

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel a bit sorry for him, to be honest. He's lost his place to players who aren't dramatically better than him. He's been a good option for us over the years and part of a great defence. I reckon he'd have been happy to be a squad player if he'd seen top class players come in for the left flank and he knew he was the back up option for two positions. He'd be great as squad player, too. As things stand though, it looks like he's off. Let's hope we get some decent cash for him (although I won't hold my breath).

Riise and Crouch for either Young or Agbonlahor would do me. I don't think these things work like that though. I'm just considering players who might be off in the summer, linking them with a club that we think admires them, and then bringing in a player who would do well for us in the three behind Torres.

In fact, since I'm having a bit of a Swap-Shop moment, why not Riise, Crouch, Carson and Pennant in exchange for Young and Agbonlahor? Come on Villa, you know it makes sense!

On a more serious note, I think Paul is spot on above. Riise has lost his spot to no world-beater, and that must rankle.

Him and Crouch should have been sold last year, villa bid £6m for risse which we refused and if darren bent was worth £16m then so was crouch, but both there contracts are up in 2009 so we'll be lucky to get 50% of there value, once again were rode in the transfer market.

Not selling Crouch now looks like a bizarre decision. Rafa had already shown last season that he'd gone off him so why persist with him this season when he knew he didn't really want to play him? We'll be lucky to get what we paid for him now with his contract situation the way it is.

I would expect about £5 million for Riise and about £7.5 milion for Crouch.

Is there nothing stopping Crouch buying out his contract in the summer for a lot less??

Said it before and so have other people but players like Crouch, Riise, Pennant, Voronin and Kewell need to be shipped on in the summer but it doesnt mean we have to sign a player to replace each one of them and out of that 5 i have mentioned i would be happy if we only signed 1 player using the cash we got.

Quality not quantity.

I would expect about £5 million for Riise and about £7.5 milion for Crouch.

Is there nothing stopping Crouch buying out his contract in the summer for a lot less??

Said it before and so have other people but players like Crouch, Riise, Pennant, Voronin and Kewell need to be shipped on in the summer but it doesnt mean we have to sign a player to replace each one of them and out of that 5 i have mentioned i would be happy if we only signed 1 player using the cash we got.

Quality not quantity.

I know what you mean but I think we'd need more than just one player to replace those five! Maybe three would do it - one defender, one midfielder and one striker.