You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Phone on the Throne

madstock

Answer or Ignore?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Answer or Ignore?

• Answer it - tell them you are having a shit
    • Answer it - tell then you'll ring them back
    • Ignore it - let the phone ring
    • Ignore it - stick them straight to voicemail
    • Something else (start a videocall etc.) - please explain

Having finally got over my initial phobia of the lavatory at my new place I settled down to lay a cable when my mobile rang.

Mobile etiquette is of course a tricky subject; people who feel the need to share their "music" on public transport should all be shot, and those trying to get in contact with you during sex should at least have the decency to wait until you have both finished, but I am really not sure about the correct way to proceed when dropping the kids off at the pool.

Knowing that the GF is the last place that anyone is likely to commit a social faux-pas, I shall stick up a poll. (Will be along shortly, okay?)

Answering it and telling them that you are having a dump may be particularly rude, particularly if it is a business call.

Answering it and telling them that you will call back will invariably lead to a "Oh, I only want a quick chat" conversation that goes on for hours.

Ignoring it and letting the phone ring would no doubt have an immodium-like effect on the bowels.

Sticking them to voicemail could lead to missing an important call.

A minefield for the well mannered.

Interesting Topic sir to be sure..

I hate the idea of calling someone on their mobile and finding out that they are on / in the toilet.. Recently I called a colleague who works from home we were happily chatting away when like a bolt out of the blue I heard the loo flush.. hang on says he while I get outof the loo I cant hear you for hte flush.. to say I felt ill is a huge understatement.. its the metal image that kills me..

I for one would not consider andwering the phone in the loo or indeed when I'm in the bath as I would hate to give someone that metal image!

Depends on the type of call you're likely to receive. If you're likely to get a business call then it would probably be acceptable to answer it in mid-lay and discuss the neccessary. Not wise to make clenching or heaving noises during such a call though, I'd have thought.

Other than that, fuck 'em, whoever it is. Nobody interferes with my cable laying.

I check to see who's calling... If its a mate then I answer it and take great pleasure in telling them i'm having a turd (complete with clenching noises).

If it's my mum, i'll ignore it and call her once ive finished

Same goes for me.

Anyway, far too busy playing poker to answer calls whilst having a shit.

Sometimes I initiate the call when I'm on the throne.

"Hi, it's Tom, I was just having a shit and I thought of you"...

I've started many a text message like that (only I confuse them by saying it's Tom so I tend to use my real name).

What kind of fucking pansy gets their knickers in a twist about you shitting while you talk?

This isn't even a question.

I've started many a text message like that (only I confuse them by saying it's Tom so I tend to use my real name).

What kind of fucking pansy gets their knickers in a twist about you shitting while you talk?

This isn't even a question.

What about whilst pissing? This wasn't an issue in my old place as due to a quirk of the cistern design the seat had to be held in position, meaning that both hands were effectively in use.

I need answers.

I always answer on bog, if has to be done for comedy value; also I never use my mobile for business so no chance of it being out of order.

Sometimes I initiate the call when I'm on the throne.

"Hi, it's Tom, I was just having a shit and I thought of you"...

A favourite ice breaker of mine and video calling is good too, you can show them your baked effort. I've called a few mates who I've not spoken to in months with that opener.

What about whilst pissing? This wasn't an issue in my old place as due to a quirk of the cistern design the seat had to be held in position, meaning that both hands were effectively in use.

I need answers.

Handsfree kit?

classic

I thought this was going to be another version of something that once happened to a colleague of mine...

I used to work as a department manager for M&S in Manc. One lad went to the bog and when he came back he was bright red and looked pretty emotional. Being a caring boss I asked him if everything was okay. "I can't believe it!" he kept repeating.

When I finally got the story this is what had happened:

He goes to the public toilets (staff ones were about three flights away) and takes a cubicle. Just moments after he's sat down a shopper in the next cubicle says

"Alright mate?"

So not wanting to be rude he says

"Alright"

"How you doing?" Enquires the shopper?

"Erm I'm alright thanks"

"What are you up to?"

"Er, er well I work here, I'm on a break"

"Listen I'm going to have to go, someone in the next cubicle keeps answering all my questions!"

classic

I thought this was going to be another version of something that once happened to a colleague of mine...

I used to work as a department manager for M&S in Manc. One lad went to the bog and when he came back he was bright red and looked pretty emotional. Being a caring boss I asked him if everything was okay. "I can't believe it!" he kept repeating.

He goes to the public toilets (staff ones were about three flights away) and takes a cubicle. Just moments after he's sat down a shopper in the next cubicle says

"Alright mate?"

"Alright"

"Erm I'm alright thanks"

"What are you up to?"

"Listen I'm going to have to go, someone in the next cubicle keeps answering all my questions!"

That's the funniest thing du jour!

Do you work with AdamS Bri? The same thing happened to a colleague of his:

"Alright mate?"

"Alright"

"Erm I'm alright thanks"

"What are you up to?"

"Alright mate?"

"Alright"

"Erm I'm alright thanks"

"What are you up to?"