You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mourinho: Cards on the Table Time

KevieG

If Mourinho was to win us the title would you take him?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. If Mourinho was to win us the title would you take him?

Personally I'd accept him if he won us the league. I do not really have an opinion on him as a person because I do not know him...I see the media image of him but as the media image of us is a bunch of curly permed car thieves on smack I don't really give one for the media hype.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a start the whole poll is backwards and totally unfair!

You can't say, "if he won us the title, would you take him". Cos that implies that he'll win the title first then we get to choose!

The question is simply, "Would you take him, yes or no?".

And the right answer is no fucking chance.

For a start the whole poll is backwards and totally unfair!

You can't say, "if he won us the title, would you take him". Cos that implies that he'll win the title first then we get to choose!

The question is simply, "Would you take him, yes or no?".

And the right answer is no fucking chance.

Thats a completely different question. I even point this out in the opening post.

I was trying to guage the level of opposition, and it seems that a majority of people would sacrifice a title if it meant him not coming.

That is crazy IMO, and certainly is an insight into a lot of peoples mindsets.

Very worthwhile poll.

To say that you'd stop supporting Liverpool is a really bold statement to make and who knows, if push comes to shove, whether you'd have the balls to actually got through with it. To sit behind a computer screen and type it in an attempt to be a beacon of a self-righteousness is one thing, but to actually do it is another. I very much doubt any staunch red could actually stop supporting Liverpool FC. You make it sound like it's as easy as turning a light switch on and off.

Hand on heart, I couldn't stop supporting Liverpool. After all, I support Liverpool FC, not Jose Mourinho FC.

I pray to God he never gets involved in the club as a I despise the loathsome little turd and the thought of him adding his name to a proud list of managers including the likes of Shanks, Paisley etc turns my stomach sick.

Saying all that though, I simply couldn't make myself stop supporting Liverpool FC.

Guest jamie kelly

to be successful at football today you need a win at all costs mentalty. just look at who has won the league over the past number of years. i am not a mourinho fan but i am and will always be a liverpool fan.

To say that you'd stop supporting Liverpool is a really bold statement to make and who knows, if push comes to shove, whether you'd have the balls to actually got through with it. To sit behind a computer screen and type it in an attempt to be a beacon of a self-righteousness is one thing, but to actually do it is another. I very much doubt any staunch red could actually stop supporting Liverpool FC. You make it sound like it's as easy as turning a light switch on and off.

You don't even know me. I've walked off jobs because I didn't like the moral line of the company. I cannot and will not willingly support a man that is willing to attack defenseless paramedics in the press, with lies to make himself look good. If you can, that's your choice, it's no reflection on me. I said I would stop supporting the club whilst he's here. I didn't say for good and nowhere did I mention that it would be an easy choice but for me, it's about doing the right thing and one thing I've learned, is to never sell out.

maybe you should phrase the poll like this:

would you take Mourinho if he came and played a cynical brand of football, brought some crap players with him, introduced diving, cheating, ref crowding, weekly controversial and embarassing press conferences, couldn't spend 300m so therefore didnt win us the title?

First of all, I don't believe that he or anybody would win us the league with the gobshites we have running our club.

Secondly, he's only interested in becoming our manager for his own vanity and is a first class cunt.

Thirdly, even if (and this is one hell of an if) he did win us the league then listening to him gloating about how he achieved it while those before him didn't for all eternity would be fucking nauseating. As would the constant media circus we'd have to listen to while he achieved it.

Fourth, the thought of a humble man like Rafa losing his job and being replaced by his nemesis (who in case you haven't noticed I don't like too much) is just sickening.

Fifth, only the sight of Sam Allardyce in the Liverpool dugout would make my blood boil more.

That's pretty much my whole position on the man.

All it would take to win the fans over was "well, we all remember that goal, and I think maybe it did cross the line" and a little smile.

People say he would be the opposite of what this club stands for, but that died when the club was sold last year.

That says it all for me and on pure football grounds only Martin O'Neil of the available candidates comes close in Managerial abillity.

So the real question is if you dont want the best man for the job who do you want

You obviously arent much of a 'supporter' then are you. We would be better off without you anyway.

It makes me sick to hear people talk like this. You could still support the 'club' or is that an alien concept to people?

I didnt like Houllier towards the end but I still supported the team and the players.

Have to agree with you.

You don't even know me. I've walked off jobs because I didn't like the moral line of the company. I cannot and will not willingly support a man that is willing to attack defenseless paramedics in the press, with lies to make himself look good. If you can, that's your choice, it's no reflection on me. I said I would stop supporting the club whilst he's here. I didn't say for good and nowhere did I mention that it would be an easy choice but for me, it's about doing the right thing and one thing I've learned, is to never sell out.

And you don't know many of the people who would take Mourinho, yet obviously that fact has a reflection on what kind of people they are?

That's what you're insinuating. We also had Stu yesterday calling people 'cunts' for potentially wanting Mourinho as the boss. It's getting beyond a joke.

I think Faustus' post is excellent, and sums it up eloquently for me.

And you don't know many of the people who would take Mourinho, yet obviously that fact has a reflection on what kind of people they are?

That's what you're insinuating. We also had Stu yesterday calling people 'cunts' for potentially wanting Mourinho as the boss. It's getting beyond a joke.

I think Faustus' post is excellent, and sums it up eloquently for me.

If people are willing to take Mourinho then it is a fact that they are prepared to excuse his past indiscretions in the pursuit of fast glory. I'm not prepared to. Like I said, that's no reflection on me but don't try and equate Stu calling them "cunts" with what I've said.

I wouldn't be supporting Jose Mourinho, I'd be supporting Liverpool FC. Supporting the club and the manager is not always an intertwining thing. Take the 2003/04 season for instance, I wanted Houllier sacked but still supported the club.

Anyway, I don't wish to compare Houllier and Mourinho for obvious reasons.

As I said, I'd never sing his name or praise him and I certainly wouldn't be happy about him being in charge. I'd even rejoice the day he left the club.

You seem like a principled person and it's admirable but the fact is, we sold out last year when the two phonies bought the club.

Anyway, I can't be arsed arguing over a hypothetical situation which might not even happen.

Slightly off topic but are Hicks and Gillette not far more nefarious characters?

They lied to gain control of the club, are trying to offeset the cost of it back on to us and look like they are going to put little money into it.

They've already come out and admitted that they'd signed up another manager behind Rafa's back?

If people are willing to take Mourinho then it is a fact that they are prepared to excuse his past indiscretions in the pursuit of fast glory. I'm not prepared to. Like I said, that's no reflection on me but don't try and equate Stu calling them "cunts" with what I've said.

Where did I say what Stu said, is the same as what you said? (That sounds hilarious!) It was a totally different situation but another example of the attitude that some people have towards others, with a different opinion to there's.

If people are willing to take Mourinho, they are willing to give the guy a chance whereas you yourself would rather give up supporting the club because of it.

If Rafa ends up in Italy, then i'll pop over every now and again and read your posts on the ACMILANWAY.

People forget we had a much worse and classless manager than Mourinho, his name was Graeme Souness.

I still supported the club though even though I wasnt happy

Yeah, but Souness also happened to be one of the greatest and most successful players ever to grace the shirt, so he had that in his "plus" column.

Yeah, but Souness also happened to be one of the greatest and most successful players ever to grace the shirt, so he had that in his "plus" column.

The greatest LFC player of my lifetime on pure football grounds, it took two players to replace him and the truth be know we've never replaced him only Roy Keane comes close to him from all the time ive watched football.

However he's a sub-human being, a truly horrible person and yes I have met him.

Slightly off topic but are Hicks and Gillette not far more nefarious characters?

They lied to gain control of the club, are trying to offeset the cost of it back on to us and look like they are going to put little money into it.

They've already come out and admitted that they'd signed up another manager behind Rafa's back?

So because we've got two cunts in charge (who most want rid of) we shouldn't have a problem appointing another?

Ace logic.

Guest jamie kelly

i respect your integrity but can you not still support the club without supporting the manager. after all thats what matters isn't it . THE CLUB