You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks and Gillette Sell up & Fuck off

StevieH

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was posted on another site by another supposedly top insider. I have no idea if he is or isn't.

Heard some stuff last night (and no, I'm not going to name my 'effin HP sauce) : 1) DIC are defintiely in the mix and want to get moving on something sooner rather than later, and 2) an argentinian has been in the city for the past few days.

What makes you say that Ted? Just speculation or putting what Rashid and Mark Lawrenson/the press have been saying?

G&H seem to have been very quiet the last 2 weeks.

I'd like to say and I'd like even less to sound like a know all fuckstring, but I can't say mate.

DIC wont make a bid until we are in a worse state then we are at the moment.

Invest firms normally come into a business when its on its knees and easier/cheaper to buy.

If the yanks have got to find a backer to pay back their loan by Feb then I imagine they're waiting until then, I would and I'm overdrawn.

According to financial experts the credit crunch is likely to peak in March 2008.

It's always one thing or another with these doom merchants. Credit crunches, mortagage collapses, inflation, hyperinflation, superinflation, American debt at $3T, blah blah blah blah....

Since I've been alive it's all been real, real, real simple:

The Saudi's have the oil.

The Yanks need the oil.

The Sauid's are very rich selling from the oil.

The Yanks are very rich from using the oil.

The fucking end. Go near the oil and you get nuked.

I agree with the sentiments, but this needs organisation. It needs pulling together. I will actively take to the streets to jib these two off and get them out if that's what it takes, but it needs organisation and togetherness, not just people on a message board saying they have to go.

They do have to go and go now, before we are stuck with a second rate reject stadium, but we need to DO something about it.

I agree with the sentiments, but this needs organisation. It needs pulling together. I will actively take to the streets to jib these two off and get them out if that's what it takes, but it needs organisation and togetherness, not just people on a message board saying they have to go.

They do have to go and go now, before we are stuck with a second rate reject stadium, but we need to DO something about it.

Any ideas?

I was thinking about a march/demonstration similar to the one in support of Rafa. The Americans took notice of that and Tom Hicks has made reference to it since. A march displaying our displeasure at the owners before a televised Sky match would be ideal.

The Saudi's have the oil.

The Yanks need the oil.

The Sauid's are very rich selling from the oil.

The Yanks are very rich from using the oil.

The fucking end. Go near the oil and you get nuked.

haha, some toff probably gets paid shit-loads to tell the PM stuff like that!

If the yanks have got to find a backer to pay back their loan by Feb then I imagine they're waiting until then, I would and I'm overdrawn.

Tell RBS not to worry about any fan backlash and just call call the loans in Feb, they can always sell it to DIC anyway ;)

Any ideas?

I was thinking about a march/demonstration similar to the one in support of Rafa. The Americans took notice of that and Tom Hicks has made reference to it since. A march displaying our displeasure at the owners before a televised Sky match would be ideal.

The march did work well. But are there enough people who think like we do? The voices of dissent have grown massively over the past month or so, but are there a significant enough number of people to make it work? I would even be willing to organise it (I might well get a bullet in the head from RTK for doing it mind) if I thought it would be popular.

Are there enough people who want Gillett and Hicks out to justify such thoughts? We are turning into the Mancs here, but unlike with them it's not yet too late for us to act.

The march did work well. But are there enough people who think like we do? The voices of dissent have grown massively over the past month or so, but are there a significant enough number of people to make it work? I would even be willing to organise it (I might well get a bullet in the head from RTK for doing it mind) if I thought it would be popular.

Are there enough people who want Gillett and Hicks out to justify such thoughts? We are turning into the Mancs here, but unlike with them it's not yet too late for us to act.

I think we'd get a bigger turnout second time around if it was a weekend game and people had enough notice.