You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Riise to Villa

Lapskaus

http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2007/10/14/515025.html

Norwegian article based on Carew saying this: "It seems as though Riise wants to come to Villa Park"(They are currently training together with the national squad)

Riise said yesterday that he likes it at Liverpool, which is a big club, and he wants to stay.

.......How much money can we get for him, and do we want him to go?

I'd sell for the right price if he was replaced in January

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the likes of Nicky Shorey who Is thought to be In the £8 million plus bracket,then we should be looking for a bare minimum of £6 million imo.

He's been at one of the biggest clubs around for years and won a lot of silverware,whereas the likes of Shorey and Baines haven't come close to achieving that kind of success.

If he was English then we could probably add a couple of million to his price tag.

Who would we have at left back if we lose Riise? Aurelio and Albert? Aurelio has a long injury list. I don't think it would be wise to sell him unless we immediately replaced him.

We're not selling Riise if we don't have anyone comming in. I read a Norwegian article a week or two back that claimed that we were prepared to let Riise go to Villa this summer, but it fell through because of the Heinze transfer collapsed.

We're not selling Riise if we don't have anyone comming in. I read a Norwegian article a week or two back that claimed that we were prepared to let Riise go to Villa this summer, but it fell through because of the Heinze transfer collapsed.

Risse would fit in really well at Villa, especially playing as a wing back which is natural position in my opinion.

If Riise is getting a regular game why would he want to leave? especially to go to Villa. It doesn't make sense.

If he goes it's because Rafa want him out, not him wanting out. He's got 1.5 year left on his contract (I think) and he has already asked to get an extension, but so far Rafa won't give him one.

Risse would fit in really well at Villa, especially playing as a wing back which is natural position in my opinion.

Riise is underrated in my opinion. Not because he's world class or anything but because some on here for some reason think he's crap. If you look at his record at Liverpool, not many has played more games than him. That shows both an excellent injury record and consistency. Add to that a substantial number of goals for a LB, and Villa are getting a class LB if they buy him. He's experienced too, and only 27 years. We should get at least £7m-£8m for him in my opinion.

Riise is underrated in my opinion. Not because he's world class or anything but because some on here for some reason think he's crap. If you look at his record at Liverpool, not many has played more games than him. That shows both an excellent injury record and consistency. Add to that a substantial number of goals for a LB, and Villa are getting a class LB if they buy him. He's experienced too, and only 27 years. We should get at least £7m-£8m for him in my opinion.

Risse is far from crap. He's an honest, dedicated professional who's made a success through hard work rather than a God given talent.

His natural position is as a wing back but his limits are shown when playing as a fullback or in midfield.

http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2007/10/14/515025.html

Norwegian article based on Carew saying this: "It seems as though Riise wants to come to Villa Park"(They are currently training together with the national squad)

Riise said yesterday that he likes it at Liverpool, which is a big club, and he wants to stay.

.......How much money can we get for him, and do we want him to go?

I'd sell for the right price if he was replaced in January

That article is a load of shite. Riise has always said that he wants to extend his contract and would like to stay for the rest of his career if Liverpool want him to.