You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stone Island gear

Harry Squatter

Does anyone in Liverpool or on this site wear any of this gear? - or is it just for the likes of Danny Dyer/wanabee football factory hooligans?. Was in Giancarlo Ricci yesterday and saw an ordinary looking coat for £625 which would probably cost about £70 without the label, couldn't believe how much of a rip off it was. Does anyone know why it suddenly became attached to footy hooligans?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be seen dead in SI. Proper Hooligan brand still.

Get loads of skinheads down the Sarf East Ingerland and Landon wearing it still.

I suppose it ended up as hooligan wear because of the cost and street terrorist styling. Some of the jackets even had full hoods and balaclava style face covers with goggles in them.

Utter stupidity, 600 notes to go out scrapping in a designer coat.

Scal fassion is a contradiction in terms surely?

I know a few lads who think the coat they wear to the pub is the be-all and end-all of a good social life.

One of whom left school when he was fourteen but thinks he's more clued up than anyone else purely because he wears £90 shirts.

Fuck off

Just imagine if they banned Lacoste trackies in Liverpool?

Thats not happening, although it should.

Invariably the people in Lacoste trackies back home have the most put on accents I've ever heard.

Why pay that much for a tracky that looks proper shit, when you could have spent the £150 or whatever it costs on some jeans and few nice t-shirts and looked okay.

I was in Flannels yesterday as well and some of the gear is so overpriced even in the sale, some of the shirts cost 95 quid yet you could get the same shirt in River Island for 25 quid and no one would know or really care. I can't imagine many birds going "oooh, that shirt must have cost 100 quid, i'm going to go back to your flat tonight" when it looks like any other shirt in Top Man.

Lacoste trackies look crap, take the crocodile off and they look like something you could buy in TJ Hughes

They wear it because it makes them stand out in a crowd because no one else is stupid enough to pay that much for clothes.

Although I quite like Lacoste shirts because they look good on me. Only got two, but they're the best shirts I have, but of course I never wear them at a game.

They wear it because it makes them stand out in a crowd because no one else is stupid enough to pay that much for clothes.

Although I quite like Lacoste shirts because they look good on me. Only got two, but they're the best shirts I have, but of course I never wear them at a game.

I have two Lacoste polo shirts. Stone Island is pathetic though. Terribly overpriced and the product doesn't even last long. Bought a Stone Island t-shirt by Christmas and the colour faded after about three washes, three wears of the cunt and it was no good, looked shite.

Lacoste gear is ok - the Polo shirts are good and some shirts are nice, the trackies just ruin it for everyone though. Seen a Prada shirt in Flannels for £125 - plain yellow short sleeved shirt that you could buy in Tesco for £7, no one would know it was Prada unless they red the tiny red label on the pocket. There are some ok jumpers that Stone Island do put the rest of their gear is overpriced bland crap.

I disagree about the Tesco/Prada comparison, I reckon you can tell.

maybe I was exaggerating a bit. You can defo tell the difference between real Lacoste gear and the stuff the smackheads sell by the cash machine in St Johns market and the Penny Farthing. The crocodile on their gear looks like a lizard dying of AIDS.

Guest PaddyBerger15
The crocodile on their gear looks like a lizard dying of AIDS.

They do say that eventually that the pets start to resemble the owners....

The only cheap clobber that really stands out are cheap TJ Hughes style leather jackets and shit suits.

You can spot a cheap suit and leather a mile away.

Everything else is fair game, I've bought £30 T-shirts in the past and I've bought £5 ones, it's just a case of whatever looks nice isn't it?