You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

tlw footy tonight...

dave u

So for tonight, so far we have:

Me, Ezekiel, John G, Chris, Rene, Stu, Kaiser, Paul.

Waiting on the Sir and Malarkey, and don't know about King G or not. King Emlyn, you asked last week if you could play, you're most welcome if you want to. Anyone else I've missed out?

Sorry Dave but i won't be able to make it. The reason being I'm kinda tired off Football yesterday and it kinda takes the piss getting there.

Sorry to be a let down lads.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Sorry Dave but i won't be able to make it. The reason being I'm kinda tired off Football yesterday and it kinda takes the piss getting there.

Sorry to be a let down lads.

Give the man floodlights and a proper goal, and young Mick realises his time is up and ducks out.

It's ok, I understand

Cheeky little bastard. Where is it and what time does it start?

2030-2130

Park Road Sports centre

The 82 bus drops right outside

Good game tonight lads. I was woeful compared to my sterling showing last week. Rene and Monty earned that draw for us. They were both absolutely outstanding. Good performance from Big Mo too.

For the others, Cat and Paddy were the standout stars of the evening. Some blistering shooting from Gallagher and Simon was his usual self. The stroller strolled. Paul made me laugh. I'd be tracking him and he'd be like "fucking hell I'm knackered" just as he was starting another run.

Gallagher scored once, and I should have got something on it, but yeah, I fucking dread it when he picks the ball up in space.

Al scored the goal of the night for me, only a few minutes in, ball came over, monty lost the flight of it, and Al took it first time, expected him to take a touch, so I was left standing like a nobhead.

Agree about Rene though, he's just got a little bit of class and a cool head.

Monty was just Monty.

Paddy, kinell, palms are still stinging now

I thought Monty was more than just Monty tonight.

Think he put himself about even more than usual (If that is possible), because he lost the ball more than he usually does, also, he had alot more space to run into tonight.

Took a bit of adjustment playing back on astro an all, after playing on turf for the last few weeks.

Didn't enjoy it at all, I was fucking shit. Never got to grips with being back on astro, and I had a touch like a fucking elephant all night. It started in the warm up, I was shocking even then. The last twenty minutes, I just sulked and couldn't be arsed. If I was writing a TLW match report on tonight's game, I'd be fucking slating me big time. Poor performance, even worse attitude.

Star man was Paddy, miles better than anyone else on the pitch I thought.

Nah we won by one.

Nope

No you didn't

It was next goal winner, couple of seconds after I had put the ball over the lights went.

And your lucky they did, think you had a 3 goal lead at one point.

We were in control

Totally. I was gutted when the lights went down because from 3 down we got it back to level and there was only going to be one winner from that point. You boys were down and out and we were rampant.

To be fair, the fact we were 3 down was mostly down to me, took me half an hour or so to get to grips with the pace of it, get my angles etc.

Gave the ball away a couple of times an all looking for the early throw, the ball was skidding off far too quick, so unless it was bang on, it was running away.

I doth protest too much about the ball, but it does fly man. It's so hard to control when it's skipping off the astro too.

Dude, i know, see the edit.

The pace is fine, it's just getting used to it, it's weird, don't ask me to explain, because i couldn't.

Good game tonight lads. I was woeful compared to my sterling showing last week. Rene and Monty earned that draw for us. They were both absolutely outstanding. Good performance from Big Mo too.

For the others, Cat and Paddy were the standout stars of the evening. Some blistering shooting from Gallagher and Simon was his usual self. The stroller strolled. Paul made me laugh. I'd be tracking him and he'd be like "fucking hell I'm knackered" just as he was starting another run.

I think you're being too kind Chris. I had a blister the size of my head on one of my toes tonight and so stopped making runs when I could have. I got a couple of goals but I kept giving the ball away and doing stupid things, I just made up for it by getting back and getting a foot in. I was real pleased with everyone on our side tonight; Mo was a class destroyer, constantly getting a foot in, you were busy going forward and putting good pressure on, Kaiser had a busy night and saved us a few times and Rene was just Rene. I've said it to Dave before, I love playing with him. He's never going to go past two players and score but he runs his bollocks off, has a nice touch and pretty much always makes the right decision (usually the simple thing), which is a big thing.

I reckon Rene could do it. He's just too shy to do it. He's a bit like Mascherano I reckon. A destroyer with strength and pace and a great touch, who can pick a pass and has a great football head. You know he has more to his game than he shows though.

I didn't know whether to laugh or come when he did Simon about eight times over on our right. I seriously thought he was going to just keep turning him again and again for the whole hour.

Didn't enjoy it at all, I was fucking shit. Never got to grips with being back on astro, and I had a touch like a fucking elephant all night. It started in the warm up, I was shocking even then. The last twenty minutes, I just sulked and couldn't be arsed. If I was writing a TLW match report on tonight's game, I'd be fucking slating me big time. Poor performance, even worse attitude.

Star man was Paddy, miles better than anyone else on the pitch I thought.

Maybe someone possessing superhuman strength could pick the pitch up and tilt it so that you are running up hill. It might make you feel more at home, maybe? Do you know such a man?

That, and hire a mosquito breeder to unleash a plague of wee carniverous beasties upon you.

It's strange that you always know what kind of game you are going to have from your first couple of touches in the warm up.