You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thaksim makes City bid.

DJLJ

I wonder if the papers and the media in general will be raking up his human rights record this time...probably not.

Not likely - the Man City fans have already had their Human Rights infringed for the last 30 years so I doubt anyone will care :>

In particular Article 3 - The right not to suffer torture, inhuman or degrading treatment.

• 1 month later...
Guest PaddyBerger15

I think the current City board want to sell and get out while they are still a Premiership club and they can get a return.

If the 'fit and proper person' rule is applied correctly, then there is no way this cunt should be allowed anywhere near this purchase.

As AWS said above, this is an unbelievably stupid and desperate act, to even consider negotiating with a fella who has had his cash frozen and faces corruption in a country far far away is madness, but the City board obviously don't have a pot to piss in and as far as a manager goes couldn't attract flies to shite the way it stands at the moment.......I can see City being very real relegation candidates this season, their squad is threadbare and poor and they may regret sacking Pearce.

i cant belive they`ve just accepted the bid, what a bunch of morons, besides, im only repeating what someoen else mentioned, how the fuck can he buy the club if his assets are frozen?

He must have syphoned a load of cash out of Thailand into off-shore accounts which they can't touch.

Guest PaddyBerger15
He must have syphoned a load of cash out of Thailand into off-shore accounts which they can't touch.

Yup, thats a very likely scenario. Its a good basis for a takeover though, dodgy money syphoned off and a chairman who might end up in jail at any time.

Not likely - the Man City fans have already had their Human Rights infringed for the last 30 years so I doubt anyone will care :>

In particular Article 3 - The right not to suffer torture, inhuman or degrading treatment.

There's a lot than have been watching games in recent seasons enjoying Article 8 (Right to privacy) though. This could generate more spectators in the early stages and seriously infringe on that right.

His nickname is Maew so we are starting to call Citeh -> Maewchester Citeh.

They will find out that he only buys them just to get into the media limelight. He knows Thai people are crazy about the EPL so he wants to be recalled time and again among the Thais.

And you know what? Thai style management. He WILL get into the manager's way of buying, selling players, selecting the first XI, etc. Citeh will go down faster than Leeds.

All these multi-millionaires getting involved is going to push the players wages and transfer fees through the roof. So much money chasing a limited amount of good players.

In a world of billionaires the millionaire is a pauper.

All these multi-millionaires getting involved is going to push the players wages and transfer fees through the roof. So much money chasing a limited amount of good players.

In a world of billionaires the millionaire is a pauper.

It's scary isn't it?

I wish it was like it used to be - when it didn't depend solely on money.

People still say that you can win things without spending loads of money but it's bollocks i'm afraid.