You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez

To be honest I look at Chelsea's squad and you would have to be a poor manager to not have them top 4 or doing well in the Europa. Rafas an excellent manager so its no surprise they are on the road to getting near their potential. Its especially good he's done it under the worst kind of scrutiny and fan pressure. As much as I despise Chelsea I hope they tonk united just because ferguson hates Rafa. Rafas done a decent Job there, nothing too special I don't believe the teams they have faced in Europa have had any where near the quality Chelsea have in their ranks and they genuinely should be waltzing top 4. There squad were European champions last year with Matteo in charge plus FA cup winners so the teams potential has always been there. I hope a meteorite wipes them out.

Do you think Chelsea had a chance at winning the league seeing they were only 3 points behind the runaway champions when rafa took over?

I had expected him to do a lot better with Chelsea than he has to be honest, but as time has gone by I have been reminded of his flaws as a manager and I can see I gave him too much credit in my original thoughts when he got appointed.

Chelsea have some excellent attacking players but the likes of Hazard and Mata are both number 10's, even that Oscar seems more comfortably centrally. Maybe an unbalanced squad where they have tried to build a squad from the front. They have a Xabi Alonso hole in their midfield! as well it seems unbalanced. They had only Torres as a striker up until up until Jan and why they didnt recall Lukkaku was daft. I also look at their defence and dont see their defenders as good as Terry and Carvalho of a few years back. I look at all the teams in the top 7 and only United have overachieved this season. I'm not sure what that tells us, maybe Ferguson doing what he does in the league.

Guest San Don
When Rafa came in Chelsea were 3 points behind the mancs and 4 behind City, now they are 20 points behind the mancs and 6 points behind City.

Chelsea have the best squad in the league and Mancini is supposed to dont know what he is doing, yet City will play in the FA Cup final after having knocked out Chelsea.

You dont half chat some fucking shit for a fat lass, dont you?

You really dont grasp a thing, do you?

Rafa's belated success at Chelsea is no surprise. With another failed round of politicking to his name he has had to concentrate on football. Surprise surprise, he is rather good at that.

Hopefully he will have learned his lesson now.At a club where he just does the football he will do very well indeed.

I could have posted this in the Brendan or Rafa threads (I chose this one to annoy the Nordic muppet).

I genuinely like Brendan & think he should get another season.

BUT

He has to stop his "journey with the group"

Become a hard-faced obsessive WINNER

Shut up shop & score goals (3 X 1-0 Wins every 4 games next season will do me, not a 3-0 or 4-0 followed by the inevitable draw).

As much as I like Brendan, I don't support Liverpool to see him cut his teeth over 3 seasons to find out he's too nice .

If FSG want to win & compete give him the funds to buy 2 TOP DRAWER players this Summer then judge him, and don't give him another season unless we get Top 4?

Meanwhile there's a proven winner who'll be in his 4th European final in a decade.

Oh if only he was available, would cost us no money & had an affinity with the club......

He has to stop his "journey with the group"

Become a hard-faced obsessive WINNER

I'd agree with this. I really like Brendan but i'm sick of hearing this journey shite. To be honest, I think he knows that he needs to deliver pure results. His next year and his performance this summer will truly define my viewpoint of him.

More Sturridge and Coutinho types please.

Dont think that is happening. Ancelloti will be there another season.

Top of the league and quarters of the CL should keep him at PSG.

Ancellotti is meant to be the man real want once mourinho leaves. Marca said last week ancellotti wants verratti with him.

I'm just hoping he ends up at psg.

Been linked with the Schalke job according to the Sunday Times, they must be pissed seeing their local rivals Dortmund doing great things. That would be something Klopp, Guardiola, Rafa and Sami at the the top four teams in Germany as things stand in the table.

Still pains me to remember that we fucked him off for Hodgson. The best manager we've had in the past 20 years by a country mile. We've become a laughingstock of a club ever since he left;

Hodgson

Kenny

Rodgers

Not one CL qualifications between them. Rafa, qualified 5 times, reached the final twice, won the whole fucking thing once. Yup, he's not good enough. Thanks Purslow you clueless twat.

Still pains me to remember that we fucked him off for Hodgson. The best manager we've had in the past 20 years by a country mile. We've become a laughingstock of a club ever since he left;

Hodgson

Kenny

Rodgers

Not one CL qualifications between them. Rafa, qualified 5 times, reached the final twice, won the whole fucking thing once. Yup, he's not good enough. Thanks Purslow you clueless twat.

Add the self serving Ian Ayres to that.

Wonder if he could provide one legitimate reason Benitez wasn't considered when Kenny was sacked.

Guest ShoePiss

Hodgson

Kenny

Rodgers

Preaching to the choir though really, the majority of reds everywhere (at the game, internet, the pub you name it) know and knew it was wrong to fire Benitez. Even this site, which was supposed to be the most anti Benitez was about 50/50.

They were wrong, Purslow is a cunt as were cancer and aids. Nothing we can about it now, damage was done years ago.

Damage was done, but we can make amends and get him back, but that wouldn't be respectful to Rodgers so I'm against it.

Rafa is far and away the best, most suitable, and most talented of managers who would be willing to take the job on. Loads of the squad are still his players, he brought them in (Reina, GJ, Skrtel, Agger, Lucas, Skrtel, Shelvey) plus he signed Coutinho and gave him his debut at Inter.

He's the most underrated manager in Europe, and maybe his stint at Chelsea may work in his favour in terms of FSG considering him on the face of his success, rather than having their ear bent by Rafa-haters who bray about his politics and other such bollocks they know fuck all about, but heard it said once and just repeated it ad-nauseum.

Damage was done, but we can make amends and get him back, but that wouldn't be respectful to Rodgers so I'm against it.

Agree with that but if he's a better manager it's the be all.

It's subjective anyway. The same people who would be so appalled at that happening, would probably be the same people who'd offer the reverse viewpoint if it were say Mourinho.