You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe

What's going on with him? He only writes about fifty per cent of our match reports now and we have to put up with the Dave "I'm a bitter gobshite" Prentice the rest of the time. Now I'm not Bascombe's biggest fan but at least he's a red and is pretty well connected within the club. Is he writing a book or getting off? The Echo have got a fucking cheak selling papers with Prentice reporting on us.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't allowed to have direct involvement in some press conferences around the sale, was he? I think he pissed Parry off with some of his comments and The Echo doesn't like to bite the hand that feeds it.

He wasn't allowed to have direct involvement in some press conferences around the sale, was he? I think he pissed Parry off with some of his comments and The Echo doesn't like to bite the hand that feeds it.

That's what I surmised too.

What's going on with him? He only writes about fifty per cent of our match reports now and we have to put up with the Dave "I'm a bitter gobshite" Prentice the rest of the time. Now I'm not Bascombe's biggest fan but at least he's a red and is pretty well connected within the club. Is he writing a book or getting off? The Echo have got a fucking cheak selling papers with Prentice reporting on us.

The Count feels he must intervene at this juncture.. that was probably the best Echo report on an LFC game for a while. Certainly the best yesterday.The Count really enjoyed it. Seriously.

But he thought today's headline should have read Everton can't Klingon to victory after Lescott strike.

The Count feels he must intervene at this juncture.. that was probably the best Echo report on an LFC game for a while. Certainly the best yesterday.The Count really enjoyed it. Seriously.

But he thought today's headline should have read Everton can't Klingon to victory after Lescott strike.

Due to the amount of respect I hold for your undead self I shall revisit this report and see if I was unfairly prejudging Prentice because of his suspect history as a blue shagging pedder arse. However, I fear that my original conclusion, that he is an average journalist will remain the same.

Anyone remember when Chrisb, who claimed to be Bascombe came on here and had a go at Paul for criticising one of his reports? Well he's just PM'd me correcting me on my post and informing me that he has only missed two matches this season, both due to weddings and six matches in total since 1999. Fair play, I stand corrected Chris.

Ever since you cut him down Paul he hasn't been the same.

NP thinks the Count should be a Red Top banner writer.

Anyone remember when Chrisb, who claimed to be Bascombe came on here and had a go at Paul for criticising one of his reports? Well he's just PM'd me correcting me on my post and informing me that he has only missed two matches this season, both due to weddings and six matches in total since 1999. Fair play, I stand corrected Chris.

Part timer:yes:

Shanks would be spinning.

Maybe he should be writing for the Rochadale Evening News.

he's just PM'd me correcting me on my post and informing me that he has only missed two matches this season, both due to weddings and six matches in total since 1999.

Doesn't need time off work, free travel, free admission and all other expenses paid.

Are we supposed to be impressed?

Ever since you cut him down Paul he hasn't been the same.

NP thinks the Count should be a Red Top banner writer.

I don't know whether it's just my perception, a coincidence or what I said had some sort of effect, but I deffo think his writing is far less clichéd these days - as I'm sure he'll be relieved to hear. I always respected what he said; my problem was with the way he said it.

I LOVE LA!

But given your staure in height shouldn;t you be there as well as short people ain't got no reason??

Thank heavens someone tuned into the Count's wave length (At least the Count thinks you have).

They've got little baby legs and they stand so low, you gotta pick 'em up just to say hello.

Thank heavens someone tuned into the Count's wave length (At least the Count thinks you have).

They've got little baby legs and they stand so low, you gotta pick 'em up just to say hello.

They talk real funny down there. They drink too much and they laugh to loud. They're too dumb to make it in no Northern town. And they're keeping the n------ down.

• 4 months later...
Posters on RAOTL say Chris is off to work on the NoW. I hope this doesn't mean Dave Prentice is going to cover our matches :|

Nah they'll probably promote someone from the LFC mag which they produce, or one of the junior sports bods, like that Nick Peet who covers the boxing, think I remember him doing a few reds matches a year ago when Bascombe was away.

Can't believe he's off there of all places though, must have been offered some dollar if it's true.

They should give his job to Dave. I reckon the Echo would be emminently more readable with the inclusion of words such as jamook, Crouchamania, window licker and finook!

Press conferences would have real possibilities though, 'Rafa, how do you respond to accusations that Jose Mourinho has a shit coat?'