You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

9 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Craig Charles been on 6 Music since 12pm. Turn the news down on

the half hour job done. 

I like his show. I used to be mates with his brother Dean, lived round the corner from me. Died of heart attack a few years back unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yeah, because we have far too many public holidays in this shitty, damp archipelago.

I think we have the least. Scotland gets some extra days.

And ours always seem so much more expensive from slapping a cost on it, that is plucked out of the air anyway.

The doffers and the boot lickers are usually the first to say 'I will bet you enjoy the day off work', which kind of suggests they dont really understand that industry where they do have the bank holiday, wouldnt be working anyway.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

I like his show. I used to be mates with his brother Dean, lived round the corner from me. Died of heart attack a few years back unfortunately.

He does the 1-4pm week day show. Think they’ve took him off the Radio 2 slot. Good presenter and had some interesting guests last few weeks when I’ve caught up with it. 

Sad about your mate and his brother.

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yeah, because we have far too many public holidays in this shitty, damp archipelago.

Yes, that's what you were all saying in the past, that we should get more bank holidays. As soon as we get one, a bunch of you (not necessarily you personally) are griping about the cost to the economy! As ever, make your minds up one way or the other.

2 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

Bloody hell, effectively three services being run today although I suspect the 7.30 one is not going to be broadcast as that is the actual burial.

'No one does it like the Brits' are the shouts you hear. They are right, no one else goes to this level of circus.

When you say burial, you actually mean the shedding of humanoid outer skin and her return to the 4th dimension!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

Ah right, I thought you meant up this neck of the woods, I know they lived on Canny Farm when they were kids.

Yeah I know, he was a copper, then went and opened a bar in Spain. He'd bought a pushbike when living in Cardiff and was trying to get himself fit when he died. He was sound.

1 minute ago, House of Dirk said:

Bloody hell, effectively three services being run today although I suspect the 7.30 one is not going to be broadcast as that is the actual burial.

'No one does it like the Brits' are the shouts you hear. They are right, no one else goes to this level of circus.

Not many people have been sovereign of 32 independent countries, to be fair. Actually, is there anyone else? 

27 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

The Western district way….

Wasn't that like 200 years ago? Bit of a reach to blame Elizabeth for that. 

Mind you back then his family was nowhere near Washington DC, they'll have been getting rousted in Eastern Europe along with mine.

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Poor bastard!

Yeah sad. He was a big fella, not massively overweight but carrying a bit of timber he wanted to get rid of. Maybe he did a bit too much to soon. I believe he won an award whilst in the police for rescuing children out of a fire in Liverpool, can't remember the details.