You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vlad speaks

Rashid

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vlad cannot be compared to Fairclough. There were bigger contributors in Istanbul than Vlad.... his time here was that of a failure until Istanbul.

Liverpool LEGEND? Jesus Christ.

All of the players who took part that night or helped us get there are legends in my eyes, for it was the best night of my life by a mile football wise. Even Djimi and Djibs.

All of the players who took part that night or helped us get there are legends in my eyes, for it was the best night of my life by a mile football wise. Even Djimi and Djibs.

I don't use the word legends as lightly as that. There is no way Baros, Smicer, Traore, Kewell etc can be uttered as legends.

For me they are Cup Heroes not legends.... the only players in the current squad who are close to being legends are Robbie, Carra, Stevie and Sami.

I don't use the word legends as lightly as that. There is no way Baros, Smicer, Traore, Kewell etc can be uttered as legends.

For me they are Cup Heroes not legends.... the only players in the current squad who are close to being legends are Robbie, Carra, Stevie and Sami.

Even you're a leg for voting for the giant squid!

to give Vladi the title of legend is perhaps too much, and i understand why some (Rash) are unhappy with it, but to fail to recongise his good qualities whilst at, and since leaving, the club is classless.

This is a guy who once said "I am not good enough for these supporters" or something along those lines, while he was in one of his darker days. I beleive he gave his all, and in the majority of his time here was not quite up to the standard required, but he helped to give us one of our finest moments, and for that he should be treasured.

This is what a legend is, according to the dictionary...

1. a nonhistorical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical. NOT VLADI

2. the body of stories of this kind, esp. as they relate to a particular people, group, or clan: the winning of the West in American legend. VLADI?

3. an inscription, esp. on a coat of arms, on a monument, under a picture, or the like.

4. a table on a map, chart, or the like, listing and explaining the symbols used. Compare key1 (def. 8).

5. Numismatics. inscription (def. 8).

6. a collection of stories about an admirable person. VLADI?

7. a person who is the center of such stories: He became a legend in his own lifetime. VLADI?

8. Archaic. a story of the life of a saint, esp. one stressing the miraculous or unrecorded deeds of the saint.

9. Obsolete. a collection of such stories or stories like them.

Stats show very little between them.

FAIRCLOUGH

1st team games: 153

1st team goals: 55:

Honours with Liverpool: 6 trophies

First Division Championship 1975/76 & 1976/77

European Cup 1978,

UEFA Cup 1976,

Charity Shield 1977 (shared),

European Super Cup (1977)

SMICER

1st team games: 183

1st team goals: 19

Honours with Liverpool: 6 trophies

Worthington Cup 2001,

FA Cup 2001,

UEFA Cup 2001,

European Super Cup (2001)

Worthington Cup 2003,

Champions League 2005

Im not saying Smicer is "better" than Fairclough - how could I? But equally I could not say he was worse.

I think it is wrong to rate "legends" above each other.

I think there are more of us appreciate what he has done, particulary istanbul, who respect him as a professional, and appreciate what LFC mean to him than there are those who sneer at his achievements.

Without getting all righteous saying "its not winning its how you play the game etc.." I liked the way he played, the way he enjoyed his football, the low key way he apprecited the awards. Yes Captain Me rightly gets praise for his immense contribution - but for me on that day, Smicer's story was the true romantic one.

It was a final tilt at destiny for an modest man with perhaps an underachieving talent. A chance to redeem the missed opportunites that he was denied by injury, fate, his manager -whatever. But redemption came for all that went wrong before.

And you know what is our relationship with Liverpool if it it is not a romance? May 25 2005 made me cry anyway. Buckets.

Fuck your giant squid. Fuck it right in the ass.

Defeats for the Gibbon and Chimp just show the forum up as a laughing stock. When did they ever send a fucking snow leopard into space?

Cunts.

They'd never get a snow leopard to go into the capsule. Chuck a banana in first and stupid chimp spends the next month pissing and shitting in his spacesuit.

They'd never get a snow leopard to go into the capsule. Chuck a banana in first and stupid chimp spends the next month pissing and shitting in his spacesuit.

Leopards run away from Chimps if they are spotted. I don't know how I can possibly give any more convincing evidence than that. It's the only battle that actually happens regularly and when it does one of them runs away.

You can't argue logic with people who think a meerkat would beat a zebra in a scrap. It's lunacy.

Vlad cannot be compared to Fairclough. There were bigger contributors in Istanbul than Vlad.... his time here was that of a failure until Istanbul.

Liverpool LEGEND? Jesus Christ.

If you really must blaspheim, can you do it in your own religion please.

I remember responding to Rash's outrageous Vladi-bashing in the week leading up to Istanbul by hoping he got the winner. It's so fucking sweet being proved right. Vladi is a Liverpool legend. The fact that there are literally dozens of others doesn't change that fact.