You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirka Dirka

Remmie

Kuyt had a good debut. I think Crouch will play less once the Dutchman settles.

That'd be unfair on Crouch. He's scoring for fun at the moment, and he scored today; Kuyt didn't. In my book, you don't drop strikers who are scoring for strikers who aren't.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That'd be unfair on Crouch. He's scoring for fun at the moment, and he scored today; Kuyt didn't. In my book, you don't drop strikers who are scoring for strikers who aren't.

If Rashid or Red Nick had said that people would be ripping the piss out of them.

If Rashid or Red Nick had said that people would be ripping the piss out of them.

The statement is perfectly true though, and it wasn't intended as a criticism of Kuyt, it was a defence of Crouch, who is scoring goals and playing well. I don't see why it's an either/or situation between the two, and Rafa will surely rotate all of his strikers as he feels fit.

It's a fair point. I don't see how you can drop Crouch at the moment. He has risen to the challenge brilliantly.

It is a fair point, it was the part I highlighted that was the part I was bemused by. It was melodramatic and pointless.

Have to say, never seeing the lad and then catching him on the stream today, i was thoroughly impressed. I think he may be in for a bit of what happened to Crouch last year with the goal drought. I think that, based on what I've seen today, we may have landed the buy(s) of the summer in Kuyt, Bellamy, and Pennant. Come on you Reds!

Have to say, never seeing the lad and then catching him on the stream today, i was thoroughly impressed. I think he may be in for a bit of what happened to Crouch last year with the goal drought. I think that, based on what I've seen today, we may have landed the buy(s) of the summer in Kuyt, Bellamy, and Pennant. Come on you Reds!

Based on forty five minutes?

Guest TK-421

Our striker options are excellent now.

When everyone hits their stride we'll be some team.

Thought Pennant was good today again and out of all the new signings he seems to have settled the quickest.

Stanley looked very good and scored a beaut...

Collymore always had a bad attitude, Kuyt never has, he's a known team player and Collymore never had the work ethic that Kuyt has. Kuyt could end up being shit but he won't go the same way as Collymore for the same reasons.

Why? What had he done that Pennant or Bellamy hadn't? Yer just using the benefit of hindsight and chucking in a bit of revisionism. For shame.

Would they be the two players I was against signing for having bad attitudes? The two players I said that I was against signing but if Rafa signed them then they would get my support until they proved otherwise? Collymore has issues, he has a psychiatric diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder. If revisionism means looking at the facts to gain a clearer perspective then damn straight I've done that.