You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bring em on...

dave u

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel at all confident about us getting out of this group. It's going to be really, really fucking tough.

It's tough for everyone though.Nine points will be enough to go through.We'll get three wins somewhere.

Well this is what being a Liverpool fan is all about and our history in this competition just makes the whole competition that more exciting for all LFC fans, were at our best when everybody has written us off. Cant wait for the Betis game if thats first up

And especially for Rashid he now gets to see Joaquin in a Liverpool game, twice :D

We do tend to play better against better quality opposition, but Chelsea will be a nightmre and Betis could well do to us what Valencia did a few years ago. Which is a bit ironic when you think about it.... ;)

Don't worry, Djimi will have their dangerman in his pocket. ;)

Am I just being paranoid but who says Chelsea are favourites?

Ah, well, we have these special shops in England called "bookmakers" whose stock in trade is to lay "odds" against teams based on the adjudged probablity of them winning a match or competition.

The team with the shortest "odds" (ie, the team considered by the "bookmakers" to have the highest probability of winning the match or competition) is designated as the "favourite".

Hope this helps!

Tic Tac Dog

Don't worry, Djimi will have their dangerman in his pocket. ;)

I would trust Djimi to do a good job, as he did a good job throughout last season's competition and was one of our most valuable players.

I just think we're still susceptible to good passing teams (which I believe Betis are) and I always have a bad feeling when we play Chelsea.

Hope I'm wrong like.

I would trust Djimi to do a good job, as he did a good job throughout last season's competition and was one of our most valuable players.

I just think we're still susceptible to good passing teams (which I believe Betis are) and I always have a bad feeling when we play Chelsea.

Hope I'm wrong like.

Betis are more a team of individuals and are certainly not one of the best passsing teams in spain certainly not as good as Villareal, give Joaquin a good kicking and mark Oliviera out the game and its job done

Can we stop with the talk of a fix. We sound like The Bitters. Weren't we in the so-called Group of Death last season? And now we are European Champions.

Chelsea hold no fear for us, given the way we have played against them. Anderlecht should be beaten. And Rashid will finally get to see the player he's fixated with in the flesh!

My first thought was aah shit but then the more I looked at the group the more I realised we can come out of it nicely....as you say bet the other 3 aren't happy bout facing us.

On a completely fifferent point why is everyboddy getting upset over Stevie G praising Chavski and Mourinho...he was just being polite he woulda looked a real gobshite if he came out with "naah don't wanna see them pricks and their twat of a manager go through !!!"

Ah, well, we have these special shops in England called "bookmakers" whose stock in trade is to lay "odds" against teams based on the adjudged probablity of them winning a match or competition.

The team with the shortest "odds" (ie, the team considered by the "bookmakers" to have the highest probability of winning the match or competition) is designated as the "favourite".

Hope this helps!

Tic Tac Dog

Cheers for that. Betting isn't allowed in my order hence my naivety on such subjects.

Hadn't seen the odds when I posted that. Have now.

Just surprised me that they are - as you rightly point out - favourites.

I think we'll be in trouble against Betis if Djimi doesn't play at left back; likewise Chelsea. Djimi Traore faced every single one of Rashid's "big name wingers" in English football last season (and quite a few from Europe) and not a single one got the better of him - but I guess that was luck, wasn't it Rash?

Much as I like Ste Warnock, I really don't think he's got the pace or, more crucially, the experience (particularly with positioning, and knowing when to go forward and when to stay back) to face the likes of Joaquin, SWP, Duff or Robben yet. In fact, I think he could get a roasting that would badly knock his confidence. I'm suspicious of these "Sven wants Warnock" stories for the very same reason. It's too early for him.