You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

13 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I've seen a few people talk about Suarez's "initial struggles" but I can't remember them at all.

I remember him hitting the ground running and he just kept that pedal to the metal for the entirety of his Liverpool career.

Until he smashed head first into a brick wall.

didnt suarez score with like his first touch on his first game the day after he signed and without training with the squad??

It’s not beyond reason that the stat nerds felt that Jurgen Klopp of all people could teach Nunez how to stay onside and hit the ball more accurately. What they failed to realise is that any half decent football coach will have fancied themselves to do that and there must be a deeper reason as to why a professional footballer in his 20’s couldn’t do these rudimentary things.

21 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

It’s not beyond reason that the stat nerds felt that Jurgen Klopp of all people could teach Nunez how to stay onside and hit the ball more accurately. What they failed to realise is that any half decent football coach will have fancied themselves to do that and there must be a deeper reason as to why a professional footballer in his 20’s couldn’t do these rudimentary things.

I don't believe it's possible to train strikers to be better finishers, I think you're either born with it or you aren't.

When the match is on and the blood is racing and the chance presents itself, it's all about instinct.

Cold blooded killers are born and not created.

50 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

didnt suarez score with like his first touch on his first game the day after he signed and without training with the squad??

I remember being at the match. Think it was a midweek game against Stoke at Anfield. Came on as a sub in the second half and scored.

12 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

Koopmeiners is a reported target

He’s been tentatively linked for a while.

Unless we’re going to buy another midfielder who goes straight into the first team, I don’t see us buying one. 

35 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I don't believe it's possible to train strikers to be better finishers, I think you're either born with it or you aren't.

When the match is on and the blood is racing and the chance presents itself, it's all about instinct.

Cold blooded killers are born and not created.

That’s not true. Some are more naturally gifted than others but you can absolutely train finishing more so than a lot of attributes of the game. It’s hours and hours of repetition to become muscle memory.

Harry Kane is an example of someone who has honed his craft through practice and frank lampard is another.

Nunez can finish but his composure and concentration still let him down. I think he’ll iron it out and score lots of goals, whether it’s here or elsewhere will depend on what Slot thinks of him 

52 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He’s been tentatively linked for a while.

Unless we’re going to buy another midfielder who goes straight into the first team, I don’t see us buying one. 

If we want a player that goes straight in we need a genuine quality 6

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We need an Endo upgrade. 

I saw somebody saying yesterday there is a chance he goes back to Germany. Don’t know if it was an opinion or based on actual knowledge.

Endo has done well. He’s probably done better than most of us anticipated he would. With Bajectic coming back (hopefully injuries are behind him), we don’t need Endo, Bajectic and a new #6. 

If we buy a #6, Endo is clearly the odd man out. 

Yeah Bajcetic isn't the answer he's a kid. He should be the 6 squad fodder behind whiever we buy. He was very good when he played before he got injured but I think its been overstated and a lot of pressure on him is the last thing he needs.

Plus he's probably going to be a crock.

4 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I doubt juventus would sell for anything less than 100 million euro. So fuck that. 

Plus he's got champions league football with them next season. They're always going to pushing for Serie A, and no offence, I'd hazard a guess that Turin and it's surrounding areas are slightly nicer to live in than Lancashire. The weather especially 

I was reading an article the other day and his name got brought up as a player juve are looking to get rid of. Apparently he flopped last season and although improved this year, there not convinced and are looking to offload him this summer to go in another direction. 

On another note, lancs (west) is well nicer than that industrial dump they call Turin. 

I am sure endo's wages aren't particularly high and with how the snipers work on top of the main stand; I wouldn't begrudge keeping him as a squad player to give players rest. 

I think he has been one of the better, more consistent contributors this season. 

God knows I don't like Endo, but I don't think it's that easy to upgrade on him. That position, you need a dominant player that plays every game and I don't see many if any players good enough to clearly offer that. Buying players to offer slight upgrades isn't good business. Same situation for Nunez. In a perfect world, we'd find way better than those two, but not sure we can pull that off. 6 would be the bigger priority, though.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I saw somebody saying yesterday there is a chance he goes back to Germany. Don’t know if it was an opinion or based on actual knowledge.

Endo has done well. He’s probably done better than most of us anticipated he would. With Bajectic coming back (hopefully injuries are behind him), we don’t need Endo, Bajectic and a new #6. 

If we buy a #6, Endo is clearly the odd man out. 

I see you’re new to the Liverpool thing. Let me assure you that Bajcetic will never start two consecutive games for Liverpool for as long as he lives and should under no circumstances be depended on for anything. I’d be surprised if he hasn’t gone full Lieutenant Dan by August.

Endo should 100% be kept, he's exactly the type of squad filler you need.

Experienced, on minimal wages, always fit and available, can do a job here and there without noticing too much of a different in the quality of play. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

And I can see why. His all round game and goals contribution (ie goals + assists) is really good. 

Unfortunately, his lack of a clinical edge has likely cost keeping us in title race longer this season. 

At a time where you need your star players producing the goods, the facts are his arse fell out when needed most, one goal and no assists in 10 games…..

Iconic.