You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This chant that we are getting grief for

Bjornebye

I’ve never heard it sung by us. In fact the only time I’ve heard it being used previously was from the lad from The red men TV doing they’re all fucking rent boys after the Gerrard slip. 

Only club I’ve ever heard sing it is the mancs from when they started to get challenged by them.

IMO, Theres no way it’s a homophobic chant just because some of our fans decide it is. Unless Billy Gilmour is gay then fair enough but no ones ever sang that as an anti gay slur. 

Next week, Juergen Klopp apologies to our s*n reading Tory fanbase who despise scousers and the city and have been offended by being told to fuck off and never come back then. 

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

I’ve never heard it sung by us. In fact the only time I’ve heard it being used previously was from the lad from The red men TV doing they’re all fucking rent boys after the Gerrard slip. 

Only club I’ve ever heard sing it is the mancs from when they started to get challenged by them.

IMO, Theres no way it’s a homophobic chant just because some of our fans decide it is. Unless Billy Gilmour is gay then fair enough but no ones ever sang that as an anti gay slur. 

Next week, Juergen Klopp apologies to our s*n reading Tory fanbase who despise scousers and the city and have been offended by being told to fuck off and never come back then. 

I am not doubting you when you say you have never heard it from us, but i am surprised.

If you have ever been the game when we have them at Anfield or at Plastic Bridge or even at the neutral venues when we played them in cup semis or finals, the chant has been there - often and loud.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

I am not doubting you when you say you have never heard it from us, but i am surprised.

If you have ever been the game when we have them at Anfield or at Plastic Bridge or even at the neutral venues when we played them in cup semis or finals, the chant has been there - often and loud.

Yeah you’re right there, meant to add with much venom at Anfield until the lad from Redmen Tv 

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Perhaps people have always been offended by it, but haven't felt able to openly discuss it until now.

It started with a few people on twitter being faux outraged when someone put up a video at half time in the Norwich game.

Ive been on twitter since 2010 so the channels have always been there for people to discuss it.

Theres also this and other lfc forums out there plus Facebook and the like to discuss it openly.

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

It started with a few people on twitter being faux outraged when someone put up a video at half time in the Norwich game.

Ive been on twitter since 2010 so the channels have always been there for people to discuss it.

Theres also this and other lfc forums out there plus Facebook and the like to discuss it openly.

That the lines of communication have existed, doesn't mean otherwise marginalised groups have felt able to express themselves through them. Lots of people now feel emboldened to say this homophobic chant isn't welcome. That's societal progress. I'm pleased the club and Klopp have highlighted it, rather than ignoring it.

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Cancel culture at its best. Pretty soon, you'll only be allowed to chant things that actually help the atmosphere and the team you support rather than try hard ones like this one that simply exists to insult. Disgusting. 

Insulting rival supporters/teams has been part & parcel of the atmosphere at Football since the get go.

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Out of neg. Someone do the honours on this steaming pile of shite, please.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Good thing that definitely makes it right, then.  

I didn't say it makes it right but you take it away & you lose some of the intensity in the atmosphere.

I'm not referring to this specific song here but to your point about insulting the opposition. I mean, do you think match going fans should completely do away with any songs which have the sole purpose of insulting the opposition?

Just now, Mook said:

I didn't say it makes it right but you take it away & you lose some of the intensity in the atmosphere.

I'm not referring to this specific song here but to your point about insulting the opposition. I mean, do you think match going fans should completely do away with any songs which have the sole purpose of insulting the opposition?

Insults can be funny if they're light-hearted or if they're related to football. I don't think referring to male prostitutes, which happens to also offend the gay community as we've found out, or the "sign on" stuff for example has any place. That kind of stuff stinks. Stick to calling other players or clubs shit if you want to sing insults. 

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

Once you realise that the song has more of a negative effect on your own fans, then it's time to pack that song in. That should be pretty fucking obvious.

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Once you realise that the song has more of a negative effect on your own fans, then it's time to pack that song in. That should be pretty fucking obvious.

I've said that earlier in the thread.

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Insults can be funny if they're light-hearted or if they're related to football. I don't think referring to male prostitutes, which happens to also offend the gay community as we've found out, or the "sign on" stuff for example has any place. That kind of stuff stinks. Stick to calling other players or clubs shit if you want to sing insults. 

I'm deeply offended by anyone calling me shit so that'll need banned too.

In fact, I'm away for a wee cry now.