You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

Because that is the narrative the Russians are selling - that they are freeing Ukraine from nazism. Russian mothers can console themselves with a bag of potatoes and the knowledge their sons died for a noble cause, just like their grandfathers did.

Without that narrative, it's just an obvious land grab that makes Putin richer. And of course, the more people they lose, the more selling they have to do.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, M_B said:

Because that is the narrative the Russians are selling - that they are freeing Ukraine from nazism. Russian mothers can console themselves with a bag of potatoes and the knowledge their sons died for a noble cause, just like their grandfathers did.

Without that narrative, it's just an obvious land grab that makes Putin richer. And of course, the more people they lose, the more selling they have to do.

Do you believe Ukraine hasn't got a problem with Nazis? 

On 28/09/2023 at 19:28, M_B said:

Recent stuff.

Who the fuck are you to decide time limits on information and what other posters can post? 

Go do one but here's some recent ones if it makes you feel better.

https://news.sky.com/story/missile-that-struck-poland-grain-silo-and-killed-two-people-in-2022-was-fired-by-ukraine-12972030

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/polish-experts-confirm-missile-that-hit-grain-facility-was-ukrainian-media-2023-09-26/

Who's the Crank here. Poland?

Stalin and the Russians starved millions of Ukrainians to death less than a decade before the start of WWII. A genocide.

We entered into an alliance with them a decade later, and sent them millions worth of equipment to support their war effort.

This time we send our support to a democracy that hasn't committed a genocide, and which has been attacked without provocation by those same Russians, who are attempting to once again destroy the country, murder it's leaders, and steal it's resources.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Who's the Crank here. Poland?

Who's the crank here. Ukraine?

https://belsat.eu/en/news/29-09-2023-winter-is-on-the-horizon-russia-is-attacking-the-ukrainian-energy-sector-again

On September 21, the Russians launched a missile attack targeting Ukraine. Ukrainian air defense reported that 36 out of the 59 cruise and ballistic missiles were successfully shot down. However, some missiles hit energy infrastructure facilities in the Rivne and Zhytomyr regions of the country’s West and Center. In addition, several individual attacks were carried out in the Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Dnipropetrovsk regions.

This recent attack is the first of its kind since early spring when the Russians ceased their attacks on the energy sector. Throughout the spring and summer, they directed their efforts toward other targets. Since the grain agreement expired, Russia has been using missile and drone attacks to target port infrastructure near Odessa and Izmail.

Russia shoots down its own Su-35 fighter jet

Russian propagandist Ilya Tumanov confirmed on his influential Fighterbomber channel that the Russian Armed Forces has lost another modern Su-35 fighter jet.

The supersonic fighter jet is armed with a 30-millimeter cannon and has 12 hardpoints and can detect targets at more than 400 kilometers, while its radar can track up to 30 targets simultaneously. The fighter has a range in excess of 3,500 kilometers without refueling.

At least their air defences can actually shoot something down.

Expensive mistake though - the Russians have only been able to produce 6 brand new Su-35's in the last 9 months. NATO meanwhile, have delivered or have ordered an extra 220 F-35s.

The Czech Republic - 24

Romania - 48

Poland - 32

Finland - 64

Norway -52

The Russian Air Force is so fucked.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Do you believe Russia has a problem with Nazis?

Russia has a problem with the far right yes. Not sure about the Nazi part but they've definitely got a bad problem with the far right element. 

But then they ain't getting our aid yet we're suffering because of the sanctions. So the look over there at them defence doesn't really stand up?

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

Laughable. You are embarassing yourself in this thread. Quit while you're behind.

Why? You got personal and abusive not me. Why should I quit the thread because you can't take another person's veiws?

Who the fuck are you to call the shots? If you can't hack others opinions hit the ignore button kid. Don't upset yourself.

40 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Russia shoots down its own Su-35 fighter jet

Russian propagandist Ilya Tumanov confirmed on his influential Fighterbomber channel that the Russian Armed Forces has lost another modern Su-35 fighter jet.

The supersonic fighter jet is armed with a 30-millimeter cannon and has 12 hardpoints and can detect targets at more than 400 kilometers, while its radar can track up to 30 targets simultaneously. The fighter has a range in excess of 3,500 kilometers without refueling.

Not sure what that's got to do with Ukraine/Zelensky pumping out disinformation about shells landing in Poland. We know the Russians lie. Its what they do. So what? 

Is Zelensky a 'crank' over Ukraine giving out false information about rockets landing on Poland?  Because that appears what it was, false information. Plus if you look back the so called 'cranks' called it right and called it what it was. 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Why? You got personal and abusive not me. Why should I quit the thread because you can't take another person's veiws?

Who the fuck are you to call the shots? If you can't hack others opinions hit the ignore button kid. Don't upset yourself.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Who the fuck are you to decide time limits on information and what other posters can post? 

Looks pretty personal to me.

I did answer a direct question of yours, so I wonder if you'll do the same.

Do you think Russia is right in invading Ukraine to free it from Nazism?

1 hour ago, polymerpunkah said:

Stalin and the Russians starved millions of Ukrainians to death less than a decade before the start of WWII. A genocide.

We entered into an alliance with them a decade later, and sent them millions worth of equipment to support their war effort.

This time we send our support to a democracy that hasn't committed a genocide, and which has been attacked without provocation by those same Russians, who are attempting to once again destroy the country, murder it's leaders, and steal it's resources.

Ukraine overturned a democratically elected government in 2014.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Not sure what that's got to do with Ukraine/Zelensky pumping out disinformation about shells landing in Poland. We know the Russians lie. Its what they do. So what? 

Is Zelensky a 'crank' over Ukraine giving out false information about rockets landing on Poland?  Because that appears what it was, false information. Plus if you look back the so called 'cranks' called it right and called it what it was. 

You are doing it again.

His post was clearly nothing to do with your post. And nothing to do with Russians lying. Yet you twist it to turn the thread back to your agenda. Classic shill\troll behaviour.

1 minute ago, M_B said:

Looks pretty personal to me.

I did answer a direct question of yours, so I wonder if you'll do the same.

Do you think Russia is right in invading Ukraine to free it from Nazism?

I don't want to get personal but look a little further up this thread you called me a cunt. I'm willing to leave that talk out and leave it there. Up to you.

Just now, Gnasher said:

I don't want to get personal but look a little further up this thread you called me a cunt. I'm willing to leave that talk out and leave it there. Up to you.

Me calling you a cunt, was in response to this;

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

You can't read that much - it is like 3 sentences.

There is no lie there from Russia - they are admitting they shot down their own plane.

I'm not disputing it. I'm asking what it's got to do with the rockets fired from Ukraine landing in Poland?