You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

15 minutes ago, mars said:

How do you know for a fact that you have not been asymptomatic?

Isn't it more accurate to say that this is our planet? And in exercising our freedoms, do we not have to consider the impact on others?

It seems to me that you are happy to bet that a more deadly variant won't appear and be brought back to this country. Given how hopeless our government's response has been to date, nhs vaccine rollout out notwithstanding, and how useless our test and trace has been, I am not willing to take that bet. If I'm wrong, people will have missed out on a foreign holiday (spending a holiday in the UK will give the economy a boost) whereas if you're wrong, lots of people could die.

I'm sure foreign holidays could be possible if the government were more competent and people (not referring to anyone on this forum) were more willing to follow the safeguards; sadly neither of those is the case. 

This is a very well balanced, insightful and considerate post. If more people thought like this, I doubt very much we would have seen the numbers we have over the last 12 months.

Speaking of which, Boris Johnson has said "We did it". No, we didn't. You did.

nhs-protest-london-united-kingdom-shutte

36 minutes ago, mars said:

How do you know for a fact that you have not been asymptomatic?

Assuming asymptomatic are able to pass it on, then I surely would have passed it on. But nobody close to me has developed coronavirus.

It seems to me that you are happy to bet that a more deadly variant won't appear and be brought back to this country.

I suppose you could live your life in fear of unlikely things like that happening. But I live in the real world, where they don't.

The question has to be - do you want to exist, to persist, or do you want to live?

Now granted, the global population only grew by 81.3 million last year versus 82.3 million the year before, and there are just 7.85 billion of us left. We're practically an endangered species. But I'll take my chances out there.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Assuming asymptomatic are able to pass it on, then I surely would have passed it on. But nobody close to me has developed coronavirus.

I suppose you could live your life in fear of unlikely things like that happening. But I live in the real world, where they don't.

The question has to be - do you want to exist, to persist, or do you want to live?

Now granted, the global population only grew by 81.3 million last year versus 82.3 million the year before, and there are just 7.85 billion of us left. We're practically an endangered species. But I'll take my chances out there.

2.4 million dead in 12 months. What the fuck is wrong with you, just another pathetic Karen. 

• Upvote 1

I don't quite understand the motivational aspect of this strategy, where you are telling people as early as March you will not be able to go abroad in the summer, along with other predictions that life will not go back to normal for years. Surely people should see some benefits from following the rules or getting vaccinated, this is not a deadly enough virus to motivate people only through fear, with so many already having it and recovering.  

Lets say the EU picks up considerably throughout Q2 with vaccination and goes on with the plans to issue vaccine passports, so holidays are allowed on the Continent. Wouldn't that be a bit over the top with Britons sitting at home, despite high levels of vaccination and, hopefully, very low infection numbers for a couple of months, all because some new variant may or may not appear and may or may not be brought to the UK anyway, despite the ban on travelling for holidays for the general public? With everybody else vacationing more or less freely.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool numbers continue to fly down. The break out in age groups is interesting. Unsurprisingly the highest group are the kids, both because they're interacting with each other and are probably tested more than the rest of the population. 

So at 38.6 cases per 100k, it's safe to assume there's less than 200 cases across the whole city. I would guess the number hasn't been lower since the start. 

Screenshot_20210323-184309.jpg

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You realise that its the Uk variant that is spreading across Europe triggering a third way for many countries and you understand how and why it is spreading?  

I prefer to go on holiday abroad, but there will be no point whatsoever going this year. Nobody is saying you can't have some time off this Summer, but the sensible option is to keep it on this Island. 

My nephews been sent home due to someone in his class having it. My granddaughter was sent home on Friday as someone in her class has it. And my old school shut to all but year 7 yesterday until Thursday. 

That's 3 different schools near me very quickly after reopening. Feels like kids will never get back proper at the minute.

• Upvote 1

Hancock on the TV, picture of the queen and a union jack behind him. They literally may aswell put a sign up saying we know the electorate are stupid bastards and all it takes is tokenism. It used to be they were weak to be so bullied by Ukip but they haven't just become ukip they've gone full BNP.

There was an article a while back saying why the British are the dumbest nation on earth in so many words and it was spot on. 

• Upvote 2

Apparently we're being encouraged to open our doors and put our lights on at 8pm in rememberance of people who have lost their lives.

Is this part of the vaccination microchip programming?

Just think what it would mean to the families of the people that have lost people in the last twelve months for us to all to stand on the doorstep with our lights on? It would absoliutely put it all into perspective, wouldn't it? I'm getting a lumo in my throat just thinking about the pride and honour that it would give to those people...

What channel is it on?

14 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Apparently we're being encouraged to open our doors and put our lights on at 8pm in rememberance of people who have lost their lives.

I could have sworn that was what funerals are for. When we used to be allowed to go to them, of course.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Hancock on the TV, picture of the queen and a union jack behind him. They literally may aswell put a sign up saying we know the electorate are stupid bastards and all it takes is tokenism. It used to be they were weak to be so bullied by Ukip but they haven't just become ukip they've gone full BNP.

There was an article a while back saying why the British are the dumbest nation on earth in so many words and it was spot on. 

https://eand.co/congrats-america-youre-not-the-dumbest-country-in-the-world-anymore-britain-is-badad4d64754?gi=8a363da3bdcf

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I could have sworn that was what funerals are for. When we used to be allowed to go to them, of course.

You'll get no argument from me on that.

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The correct way to pay tribute to those who died is to hold a full public inquiry to ensure that there's accountability for every preventable and unnecessary death. 

Another way would be to not call Johnson "Boris" and say he's done his best.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Imagine how thick you've got to be to fall for this shit yet not be arsed that he put his mate, son of a KGB bureau chief for London, into the House of Lords. I mean his name is actually something like Baron Lebadev of Siberia or some shit. Union Jack!!!!