You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

BBC saying we hope to have 10m doses this side of Christmas.

A quick Google of the age of our population tells me that would be close to doing everybody over 65.

A further 1.6m work for the NHS.

Apparently 2m are classed as extremely vulnerable to the virus, I'd assume a large % of that would be in the >65 population.

Issue is you need an initial injection and then a secondary 3 weeks later. Also, the vaccine needs to be kept at -80d.

I wonder how long it'd take to roll out that first 10m to people?

If it's being organised by the Govt I'd say it's something that will be finished well before the next Prime Minister has completed his second term. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She's great. Saw her last week but obviously wont now for another month. Face-timed them on Saturday and she was awake but just started kicking off when our kid had the phone in her face. They've made the mistake of letting her sleep in the bed with them, she goes ape-shit when they put her in her cot now. Silly bastards. 

That's never a good idea.

Glad she's doing well.

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

BBC saying we hope to have 10m doses this side of Christmas.

A quick Google of the age of our population tells me that would be close to doing everybody over 65.

A further 1.6m work for the NHS.

Apparently 2m are classed as extremely vulnerable to the virus, I'd assume a large % of that would be in the >65 population.

Issue is you need an initial injection and then a secondary 3 one weeks later. Also, the vaccine needs to be kept at -80d.

I wonder how long it'd take to roll out that first 10m to people? I was thinking it'd be like a school TB jab where a year group of 200+ could be done in a morning, but that seems somewhat unlikely.

I'm sure there was some type of leak to the mail last week that said front line workers and over 85s are in the 1st line and they hope to do them before Xmas. 

10 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Just taken a test at the Uni as part of the Liverpool trial. Meant to be one the new lateral flow tests so I'll see how long it takes for the result to come back.

Was it uncomfortable/painful? I'm probably getting one later in the week and just wanted a heads up on whether I need to be a wimp or not. 

11 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Just taken a test at the Uni as part of the Liverpool trial. Meant to be one the new lateral flow tests so I'll see how long it takes for the result to come back.

I had a test yesterday using a swab, so assuming it was a PCR test, it took just under 24 hours to come back. I know a couple of people who went on the 1st day and got their results in an hour. 

11 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

If it's being organised by the Govt I'd say it's something that will be finished well before the next Prime Minister has completed his second term. 

Bascombe Tweeted earlier he got his results in 45 mins.

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I wonder how long it'd take to roll out that first 10m to people? I was thinking it'd be like a school TB jab where a year group of 200+ could be done in a morning, but that seems somewhat unlikely.

My missus' surgery does 232 on a Saturday for flu... the issue is that's all done on overtime. It's the number of people jabbing and administrating the jabbing where you'd be short.

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

My missus' surgery does 232 on a Saturday for flu... the issue is that's all done on overtime. It's the number of people jabbing and administrating the jabbing where you'd be short.

We've wasted so much money of substandard PPE & a shite track and trace system, I'm sure we'll find the budget for  this.

16 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Less than half an hour. Negative. Fuck you Coronavirus!

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Was it uncomfortable/painful? I'm probably getting one later in the week and just wanted a heads up on whether I need to be a wimp or not. 

It's not painful, the swab itself is quite thin. Going up the nose was ok for me, gagged a bit when I was swabbing the back of my throat. All in all though, nothing to it.

7 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Less than half an hour. Negative. Fuck you Coronavirus!

It's not painful, the swab itself is quite thin. Going up the nose was ok for me, gagged a bit when I was swabbing the back of my throat. All in all though, nothing to it.

Fucking youngster, when I was a lad it was all about the meningococcal.

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

This bloke seems to think the vaccine hierarchy will be:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1325776285860245504

Strange there's no mention of any front line workers except care homes. Personally I'd be all in on us vaccinating people in contact with lots of people, NHS, teachers, shop workers, police, hospitality etc. I'd put that before anyone under 65. 

• Upvote 2

They should prioritise the cunts who don't wear a mask or don't socially instance. Just do a twitter poll and arrest then for vaccinate all the stupid thick fuckers then as I said previously, kill them, set fire to them... Allsopp etc etc 

• Upvote 1