You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Miscellaneous LFC Stuff...

AngryOfTuebrook

23 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Is it churlish to say I think this is a bit shit and doesn't do them justice?

I'm more curious as to why Shanks isn't on there, since he was also part of the Boot Room inner sanctum.

11 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I'm more curious as to why Shanks isn't on there, since he was also part of the Boot Room inner sanctum.

No,shanks kept out the way generally .that was his training staffs man cave.

Apologies if posted elsewhere but I heard a brilliant fact the other night on 5live. When quansah scored before Christmas it meant that players with surnames beginning with every letter of the alphabet had scored for Liverpool.

2 hours ago, A Red said:

Apologies if posted elsewhere but I heard a brilliant fact the other night on 5live. When quansah scored before Christmas it meant that players with surnames beginning with every letter of the alphabet had scored for Liverpool.

I feel a challenge coming on...

Aldridge

Barnes

Callaghan

Dalglish

El Zhar

Fowler

Gerrard

Hughes

Insua

Jones (Joey)

Keegan 

Liddell 

McDermott

Neal

Owen

Phillips 

Quansah

Rush

Salah

Torres

U

Van Dijk

Wright 

Xavier

Yeats

Zenden 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Some of these are stretching the definition of the word "legends".

Screenshot_2024-03-21-21-45-45-04_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Three legends there for me: Dudek, Hyypia and Gerrard, all instrumental in the miracle of Istanbul. Sami and Gerrard were great for a long period of time for us, so Jerzy's really just getting in there for a single performance. 

I loved Kuyt and Torres was brilliant, but I wouldn't label either a legend. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Worlds oldest man was born in Liverpool and now lives in Southport.

A lifelong Liverpool FC fan, Tinniswood was born just 20 years after the club was founded in 1892 and has lived through all eight of his club’s FA Cup wins and 17 of their 19 league title wins.

Amazing that. Younger than Tony though?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Reckoner said:

A lifelong Liverpool FC fan, Tinniswood was born just 20 years after the club was founded in 1892 and has lived through all eight of his club’s FA Cup wins and 17 of their 19 league title wins.

I bet it was him who got chinned by Walter Wadsworth.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Glory hunting wool.

• Upvote 1