You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Nov 10-16 2018)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Nov 10: 

This is hilarious. It’s reached a point where I suspect these Everton players might actually just be laughing at us now, as there’s no way this is legit. This is Yerry Mina in the Telegraph today…

“The truth is Professor Marco spoke to me every day, telling me to come to England”. PROFESSOR MARCO!!! Hahahaha fucking hell. It gets better.

“I was always focused on Everton. Any talk with Manchester United was just to my agent,” said Mina. “I have always been aware of English football – Manchester United, Manchester City, Everton, Tottenham.” Haha good job there with the notable omission, that’ll play well with the Bitters. 

There’s more. “But Everton has always been an important club for me, honestly. I watched them when back in the day when Fellaini was playing here.”

Ok just stop right there, what do you take us for? There isn’t a person in the world who follows a team just because Fellaini is in it, not even Fellaini’s mum, so I’m calling bullshit on this.

I hear he also said something about how he loved watching Aaron Lennon too but that never made it into the article. Understandable really, imagine interviewing someone and they’re coming out with such outlandish shit that you’re wondering “is he having a laugh at my expense here?”.

Sunday Nov 11:

L 2 Fulham 0 Fairly straightforward. We played ok, nothing more, but it was enough. Fulham gave a better account of themselves than most teams who come to Anfield and at least they weren’t scared to cross the halfway line. They should have gone in front but Sessegnon fluffed his lines, and when he missed that any hope Fulham had of getting something disappeared.

Mo looked really sharp and took his goal well. Great counter attack that, just like last season that was. There’s no finer sight in football than a Reds quick break, I fucking love it. More of this please.

I was really shocked to see that Fulham were 25/1 to win today. Those kind of odds are usually reserved for San Marino or the Faroes playing Germany or something, but apparently this is becoming more and more common now as the gap grows between the haves and the have nots. Red Star were 22/1 to beat us last week. 22/1 to win a home game in the Champions League?!?! Mental. That’s the kind of price I’d expect if we got a non-league side in the FA Cup.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'The Week that Was' is only available to TLW website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first, registration is FREE) and can be purchased here.

• dave u pinned this topic
  • dave u unpinned this topic