You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

I’m guessing that was it because I can’t remember seeing it in game and putting 2 and 2 together I’m guessing they didn’t replay it because the goal happened and they forgot about it.  It was a really good example of how play out from a press.  The ball to Fabinho looked really risky but as it plays out it’s a fantastic ball.  I’m not sure who plays it.

It looked like Allison played it to van Dijk who then plays it on the Fabinho. It was shown on a wide screen camera though so it was hard to see who it actually was. Brilliant football and another example of how Allison adds so much to our team.

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I understand all of it. Obviously. I just don’t use that one thing to dismiss the rest of what you said. Which was a load of wank, based on a wank stat. 

There's nothing wank about it. A goal given away from an unforced error is a goal given away from an unforced error. Where you are going wrong is pretending that I believe it to be the whole picture, in contrast to the reality of the situation.

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Big fan of Alisson, but if he can cut the mistakes out, that would be great. Two errors leading to goals in 17 league games is as many as Mignolet gave away in 19 league games last season.

Does his adventurous style not lend itself to a greater chance of unforced errors but also better control over the game? If Mignolet tried to play with as much composure he'd make many more errors.

Done goofed, but his distribution in every game has made a big difference to us.

Those other keepers made errors, but had nothing else to offer us. No last gasp saves. No calm passing to feet.

He was our second best Brazilian tonight despite the error.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hades said:

Does his adventurous style not lend itself to a greater chance of unforced errors but also better control over the game? If Mignolet tried to play with as much composure he'd make many more errors.

Certainly. Which is why I would never pretend that giving away goals is the be all and end all. But equally, I won't pretend it didn't happen, unlike some.

18 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

There's nothing wank about it. A goal given away from an unforced error is a goal given away from an unforced error. Where you are going wrong is pretending that I believe it to be the whole picture, in contrast to the reality of the situation.

Erm, no. That’s not what I’m doing. I’m saying it’s a wank stat and a wank comparison. Obviously that’s what I’m saying because that’s what I said. A number of times. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Erm, no. That’s not what I’m doing. I’m saying it’s a wank stat and a wank comparison. Obviously that’s what I’m saying because that’s what I said. A number of times. 

Yes, you've been very clear, all that's missing is any kind of explanation or justification for feeling that way. 

15 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Certainly. Which is why I would never pretend that giving away goals is the be all and end all. But equally, I won't pretend it didn't happen, unlike some.

Fair enough. Suppose we'll wait and see if it amounts to a negative trend or is just part of the stylistic dataset.

13 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Think of it like this, if it wasn't for a foul by ihanacho, an offside goal by Burnley, and today's mistake. 

This handsome bastard would only have conceded 4 goals so far. And it's nearly fucking Christmas. 

He's allowed the odd howler. 

The Leicester goal was not a foul,simply an error of judgement that he appears to have learned from. The one yesterday was very unlucky in that it hit his knee as he tried to bring it too his body and they happen but possibly will be looked at as an error in technique. Nothing to worry about and time to move on. You are only as good as your next game.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Of course I am. That's why it led to a goal and the referee didn't give a foul.

Is that seriously your argument? Seriously! The ref didn’t give it! Lino’s don’t give offsides all the time. Refs don’t give Pens all the time. 

Of course he fucked up. That obvious. He was clearly also fouled as per the rules of the game. Any other view is just nonsense in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Is that seriously your argument? Seriously! The ref didn’t give it! Lino’s don’t give offsides all the time. Refs don’t give Pens all the time. 

Of course he fucked up. That obvious. He was clearly also fouled as per the rules of the game. Any other view is just nonsense in my opinion. 

Yes,my argument is that it actually wasn't a foul either in my own view nor because the official didn't give it. I think it's a pretty solid position. Anyway,I don't really care that much now as it was months ago and we got the win and that was all that mattered.

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yes,my argument is that it actually wasn't a foul either in my own view nor because the official didn't give it. I think it's a pretty solid position. Anyway,I don't really care that much now as it was months ago and we got the win and that was all that mattered.

So when it’s offside per the rules of the game it’s not offside because it wasn’t given, rather than the Lino making a mistake? 

You know your view means the rules are made up on the spot and mistakes can’t happen because the rules change when a ref makes a decision, right? That’s the required result of your logic. Yeah. Very solid.