You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Early Cheltenham 2018 thread

Winston Wolf

Not just today

Have had 9 bets over the 4 days . Returns zero

I had the Samcro/Presenting Percy/Altior treble, and a very lucky, speculative e/w L15 of the first day, so I am up. And therefore, can't grumble.

The problem with Cheltenham is that it's very difficult to be selective. We want a bet on most races. Even yourself, who didn't, still had nine bets from 28 races. It's much easier to flick through the cards on a Tuesday evening and see that your options are some class six shite at Lingfield, and some garbage at Dundalk, and decide to maybe have one single or nothing. 

• Upvote 1

Just about even over the festival but have enjoyed all of the coverage & the highs and lows over the days, as it is the first time in about 30 years that I have not been working or had the Mrs bugging me and could just immerse myself in it.

Had to laugh at Jair's earlier comments as I fell foul of that , whereas with football etc. I usually work to a system, but with Cheltenham I just kept throwing random bets on from guys on here's tips , or from my daily paper or from lads in the pub. Got that silly that I ended up in the first race today with 5 of the first 6 in the betting in various accumulators.