You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Oct 20-22 2017)

tlw content

koemansacked.jpg

The only saving grace of the weekend was United getting turned over by Huddersfield. Any pleasure to be taken from that needs to be tempered though by the knowledge that 1) a week before that we couldn’t beat them, and 2) we’ve got Huddersfield this week, so probably best to hold back on the gloating for now. 

Fair play to Huddersfield though, they deserved their win and got stuck right in to United from the off. Aaron Moy, who’s been quiet since tearing it up in the opening few weeks, fired them in front after Tom Ince’s shot had been saved by De Gea. Depoitre added a second when he took advantage of a howler by Lindelof, who went full Lovren, and you never want to go full Lovren. 

Rashford pulled one back late on but Huddersfield survived a few scares and just about held on for their first win over United since 1952. Even more surprising than the result was that Mourinho actually shook hands with Kloppo’s mate and congratulated him. Not just that, he said “the best team won”. Fucking hell, I thought I watching invasion of the body snatchers or some shit. 

In another interview Herrera had said that Huddersfield wanted it more and when Mourinho was informed about that he said “go and ask him why that is then” and threw his team under the bus for having the wrong attitude. Of course this sudden loss of swag has nothing to do with him telling a team that was flying that they weren’t good enough to take the game to us at Anfield and they should be happy with a draw. Now he’s wondering why they don’t look like the same team. When it goes well it’s because of him, when it doesn’t, it the fucking players fault. What a helmet. 

United’s defensive record going into this game was fantastic (two goals conceded in eight games, but aside from Bailly I reckon their centre backs are fucking shite. I’m not even sure Bailly’s any good but I haven’t seen enough of him to know, because I only watch them when they get beat and he always seems to be injured anyway. 

Jones is shite though, Smalling isn’t much better and based on what I’m reading from United fans Lindelof is garbage too. Doesn’t matter though because their team is set up to not concede and when you play like that you can cover for some bang average players in defence. Maybe that’s why Mourinho plays the way he does? Where that falls down is that he's done it with every team he's had, even the ones with world class players in every position. The Portuguese Pulis.

United have been fine when they score first but let’s see how they do when they have to chase a game. Honestly, I don’t see them even getting within 15 points of City come May. Of course no-one else will either, but no-one else has spent anything like Mourinho has. 

Moving swiftly on, coming off their win over Arsenal, Watford gave Chelsea all they could handle on Saturday. Pedro’s brilliant opener set Chelsea on their way but Watford were rightly furious that it came from a corner that never was. Horrific decision from both referee and linesman there. The ref? Fat Jon Moss, the useless get. 

Doucoure equalised and he’s doing a hell of an impression of 2016 Capoue. He seems to score every other week. Richarlison missed a sitter but then made amends by creating a goal for Perreira. Watford were tearing Chelsea apart at this point and another upset was well on the cards. Richarlison then missed ANOTHER sitter and that was costly as Batshuayi equalised soon after. 

Azpilicueta headed Chelsea back into the lead with three minutes left as Conte headed into the front row of the stands for some crowd surfing. That would normally piss me off but I struggle to get mad at Conte as I can't help but like him. He's sound.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.

• Upvote 2

My late mum was even worse than your dad, Dave. 

We bought her a new dvd player and the box set of Band of Brothers as she loved war films & they don't come much better.

Was really surprised when she said it wasn't that great,didn't seem to flow at all & hadn't really ended properly !!. As I was aware that the ending was probably the best part I was baffled & tried to work out what was going on. It finally dawned on me - there were 6 dvd's with 2 episodes on each disc & she hadn't been moving them on before switching the disc, so she had only ended up watching episodes 1 3 5 7 9 and 11.

• Upvote 5