You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Christ, I’ll have the skating goat chasing me round the forum for another few weeks.  Brilliant.  

Only one goat here kiddo. Go have a Martini down the Groucho club with Frances, read chapters of that shit Shirier book to each other.

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

There’s a very good book by Abigail Shrier that attempts to explain it.  Well worth an Audible credit if you have one.  Some heartbreaking stories in the book.  

Who'd have thought it, Shrier is yet another one of Ricos right wing loons, a regular on Fox news and the Tucker Carlson shows... loves Bibi, loves Israel, loves just about everything on the planet where the strong rule the weak and tolerance is to be sneered at..

In short, she's a bit of a cunt,

25 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Her views on Israel or literally anything else aren’t relevant at all to whether or not her book or the studies they’re based on are credible. Do you have anything to say on the actual studies, @Gnasher or is she just wrong on trans kids because of that tweet you linked? 

No not really. I'm not well versed enough to give an opinion, from the limited knowledge I do have I can sort of see both sides. 

As for the author above I'd be dubious over taking her opinions totally on board on this issue because she seems to have such a dogmatic unwavering attitude to other subjects.i also found it a little coincidental that she's an American pro Israeli right winger but as I've said I've no skin in the game so I'll leave it there.

Edit. I'd sooner read a book on stamp collecting by the other lady in the conversation AOC to be honest, and I've also very little intresf in stamps and as far as I know neither has she. 

Edited by Gnasher

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

No not really. I'm not well versed enough to give an opinion, from the limited knowledge I do have I can sort of see both sides. 

As for the author above I'd be dubious over taking her opinions totally on board on this issue because she seems to have such a dogmatic unwavering attitude to other subjects.i also found it a little coincidental that she's an American pro Israeli right winger but as I've said I've no skin in the game so I'll leave it there.

Edit. I'd sooner read a book on stamp collecting by the other lady in the conversation AOC to be honest, and I've also very little intresf in stamps and as far as I know neither has she. 

My point is, she could be a Hitler loving, Trump supporting, Tory-on-‘roids but still be right when it comes to the studies. If you listened to her podcast appearances you’d see it’s pretty sensible stuff, backed up by seemingly credible studies. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

My point is, she could be a Hitler loving, Trump supporting, Tory-on-‘roids but still be right when it comes to the studies. If you listened to her podcast appearances you’d see it’s pretty sensible stuff, backed up by seemingly credible studies. 

OK I'll take your word. 

On 01/06/2021 at 13:47, mars said:

There is a law - the Malicious Communication Act - that tries to hit a balance between free speech and preventing people from tweeting something that is grossly offensive, might incite violence, or is misinformation. The Act does seem to have much common sense built into it, eg what people post on here would probably not fall foul of the act because people have opted to sign up to the forum and any "dodgy" posts will be deemed banter or sarcasm or hyperbole (and you'll be negged from here to eternity and have the piss taken out of you remorselessly). Tweeting hits a much bigger audience and the Act takes this into account.

In the case that Rico cited, it is very difficult to judge whether the Act has been sensibly applied as it is likely any offending tweets were quickly deleted (you are less likely to be prosecuted if you show regret at what you have said and one way to do this is to delete stuff as soon as possible). If what has been posted is true - the person involved will have a formal interview and may be charged - then I doubt that is a decision that a senior police officer will have taken lightly. PC Laura Daley, the named officer, will not have made the decision despite what some people were tweeting about her.

If anyone reading this a police officer or barrister, please jump in and correct any bollocks I have spouted.

Here's a helpful (but long) article if you want to know more

https://www.bestcriminaldefencebarrister.co.uk/criminal-defence-barrister-blog/2018/striking-a-balance-malicious-communication-act-and-free-speech.aspx

Shes being interviewed today at 9:30 so I guess we’ll find out.  After the publicity it’s happening at her local station rather than making her attend one miles away.  

Well she’s been charged and stands trial in Glasgow on 20th July.  

The reason? She posted a picture of a suffragette ribbon and a grown man took it to be a picture of a noose and felt threatened.  Tell me the world hasn’t gone fucking mad. 

34 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The reason? She posted a picture of a suffragette ribbon and a grown man took it to be a picture of a noose and felt threatened.  Tell me the world hasn’t gone fucking mad. 

Can anybody confirm this? I don’t trust Rico not to twist things. Let’s be honest, if it’s for anything other than just positing a ribbon, then it will surely reflect very poorly on him, his integrity, and indicative of an agenda.

You sure there’s nothing else? No other tweets or anything? Edit: The Times says she was charged with sending homophobic and transphobic tweets. Also says ‘It is one of at least six tweets reported to Police Scotland. The nature of the others is unclear’. Something tells me that there’s more to this than has been described and that’s for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You sure there’s nothing else? No other tweets or anything? The Times says she was charged with sending homophobic and transphobic tweets. 

Oh right, I believe it's just that as I haven't seen anything to the contrary. I couldn't give a fuck really but if it is just for that tweet above then fuck police scotland 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh right, I believe it's just that as I haven't seen anything to the contrary. I couldn't give a fuck really but if it is just for that tweet above then fuck police scotland 

I edited that post, mate. There’s more to it than just a tweet of a ribbon. Some people who have an issue with Trans people will gladly use it to make it look like the world has gone mad though. 

21 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I take your point, which was sort of my point in Rico baiting. It's just when one commentator has so many entranced veiws I tend to discard them, as this lady in question seems to I tend to ignore them. It's not just the more right wing stereotypical commentators I ignore I ignore the dogmatic left even more. Ie in all the time I've posted on this board I've hardly ever posted a link by someone like Owen Jones, not that I disagree with what he says or dislike his personal life etc I just find a lot of the so called hard left a bit Meh really. By the same token you'd be hard pressed to find me posting a link by 'new' right, I'd like to think all my veiws are on a level field for each particular subject, I don't go in for 'group think whether right or left.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

I'd wager the only one mad is you. 

It’s incredible levels of shithousery, Paisley has quit Twitter presumably because he knew the backlash he’d get. Fingers crossed JKR is funding her representation.  

A picture of a multicoloured ribbon, the wrong way up to be a noose, looking nothing like a noose, scaring a man enough he goes to the police.  

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s incredible levels of shithousery, Paisley has quit Twitter presumably because he knew the backlash he’d get. Fingers crossed JKR is funding her representation.  

A picture of a multicoloured ribbon, the wrong way up to be a noose, looking nothing like a noose, scaring a man enough he goes to the police.  

Aye OK Rico, OK we believe you (I don't actually) 

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Send the same pic to Tracy Ann Oberman then, go on I dare you.

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I see the skating goat has an interest in this topic now. Strangely quiet before. Almost as if...

Note the word "include" ie more than this one tweet or message, so not isolated as our intrepid right wing wanker wants people to believe.

Saying that I think itd be wise to wait to see what evidence the Scotish police believe they have on the suspect to press charges before making a full judgement. Beside what Rico, Nowt, Stronts and the rest of the outrage crew say it normally makes sense.