You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Athletics Championships 2017.

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke

Doffs cap to Farah, they tried to run the kick out of him but he kept enough in the tank and ran a controlled last lap despite being knocked about a bit. I bet those other athletes are thinking thank fuck he's retiring. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Had to produce the fastest time of the year to win it as well, only 3 seconds off his lifetime best, that really is class, especially when you think of the pressure of it being his last ever 10.000m race at a major meeting. 

Guest Pistonbroke

A British distance runner is as odd as a Jamaican Bobsleigh team. Yet Mo is a winner and they failed miserably.

Also, his Mrs looks a lot trimmer these days.

She probably sacked the Quorn and started eating properly. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Stuck in work here. Hope there's a highlights programme in the morning

Nope. But day 2 coverage starts at 9:30 BST on BBC 2, they are bound to show the highlights of Mo's win, about 10 times. 

That was brilliant, he's as strong as an ox. Wife and I were screaming at the end. He knew he'd win on the last bend.

Was myself Steve, fucking great race. He knew he had it won when the gun went off to be fair. Loved how he kept teasing them

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm here now

I'm plugged in for the day C, Athletics, Cricket and a certain friendly later. It's also raining outside, so perfect for vegging out watching sport all day. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Look at the weather as well *sad face*

As long as it picks up for my holidays later this month. It has been weird as hell over here, hot and humid when the sun shines but can drop 10-15°C within a short while and days of sodding rain and wind. 

Ennis' coach doesnt half sound like he dislikes KJT.

I was about to make a comment about him being a bit humourless and negative but I think it's just that he's an incredible technician and perfectionist

I'm plugged in for the day C, Athletics, Cricket and a certain friendly later. It's also raining outside, so perfect for vegging out watching sport all day.

I can see I'm going to get nothing done today. Junior is on his way to the cricket with my folks

Guest Pistonbroke

Fucking hell, that creep Jones just said in interview to that black lad Hudson-Smith....."All the best man" whilst trying to put an accent on 'man.' What a dick.