You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton At Home 7.5.17

I'd go with Sturridge for this one or at least put Origi out wide. I don't know why Firmino has to move just because Manes out, Origi is shit as the central striker he's done nothing of note for nearly a year now, I'm really not a fan of this "new" Sturridge but he's bound to offer us a lot more than Origi does. If Sturridge doesn't get a start before the end of the season and Origi keeps playing in the middle and stinking the place out then it's pure stubbornness.

It has to be Sturridge or Bobby playing central, fuck it I'd even play Sturridge out wide, we don't seem to be doing much of this pressing game anymore so he might aswell start. We haven't pressed quickly and coherently since Christmas and I don't really know why.

• Upvote 2

We have done really well against the other teams in the top 6 of course but we have dropped a ridiculous amount of points against shite and if we had even dropped less than half as many we would be in a title battle now.

Klopp should also be mindful that this is something that has been a problem for us for a while now and it (sometimes unfairly) means people will label us....i also believe the shite teams fancy it against us more than they do the other top sides.

Here is total pts dropped this season to teams outside the top 7 by the top

Chelsea - 7

Spurs - 11

City - 11

Us - 26

Man Utd - 19

Arsenal - 15

Our repuation for not doing it against the shite is thoroughly deserved

I'd go with Sturridge for this one or at least put Origi out wide. I don't know why Firmino has to move just because Manes out, Origi is shit as the central striker he's done nothing of note for nearly a year now, I'm really not a fan of this "new" Sturridge but he's bound to offer us a lot more than Origi does. If Sturridge doesn't get a start before the end of the season and Origi keeps playing in the middle and stinking the place out then it's pure stubbornness.

It has to be Sturridge or Bobby playing central, fuck it I'd even play Sturridge out wide, we don't seem to be doing much of this pressing game anymore so he might aswell start. We haven't pressed quickly and coherently since Christmas and I don't really know why.

Just prior to the Funes-Mori  injury Origi looked like he was suddenly developing into the striker we hoped for, thought it might take a few weeks on return from injury but he's had long enough now- it would appear that little purple patch was the exception rather than the norm.

He'll be one of those that will find his comfort zone in a mid table team and looks the business when playing with a bit of freedom.

If the above doesn't guarantee him to score a hat-trick today I don't know what will   

We have done really well against the other teams in the top 6 of course but we have dropped a ridiculous amount of points against shite and if we had even dropped less than half as many we would be in a title battle now.

Klopp should also be mindful that this is something that has been a problem for us for a while now and it (sometimes unfairly) means people will label us....i also believe the shite teams fancy it against us more than they do the other top sides.

Here is total pts dropped this season to teams outside the top 7 by the top

Chelsea - 7

Spurs - 11

City - 11

Us - 26

Man Utd - 19

Arsenal - 15

Our repuation for not doing it against the shite is thoroughly deserved

I don't think klopp can have many arguments. It's been same old Liverpool this year. It's been said about us and we've said it about ourselves. Get ourselves into a position were we start to believe only to fuck it up against teams we beat easily when there's no pressure on.

Klopp needs to realise if he hasn't already how badly we want to win the league. He is right about one thing, the attitude from us fans towards games against city and games against palace are totally different and the result against each gets you exactly the same amount of points. Until we all treat the majority of games the same (United and Everton are derbies that mean a bit more) we're going to continue to miss out on the big prize.

Ok, I'll be watching this on my stream. so I'll be on here to post insightful comments for the footballing-knowledge-challenged folks amongst you - which is nearly all of you.

My thoughts so far...

...who the fuck is Dick Sack?  Again, no KO off time in the title - but I'm still backing him. It's a bold move by the versatile youngster to start a match thread with only 200-odd posts. I'll be going all-out on him to come good and I'll be disappointed if he causes us to lose.

Let's see some fighting spirit today red men.

• Upvote 1

Taking an old copy of Stephen Kings "Different Seasons" along with me today to read, well it will at least offer me some entertainment for what could be a frustrating two hours, punctuated by incoherent mumblings from the woeful sound system and the latest sponsors event at the Kop end. 

I could have sat outside in the garden and read my book, spent the £50, plus travelling expenses on a decent bottle of wine or some nice wheat beer, a big steak and decent dessert, certainly a very satisfying way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The result of which would have left me far more satisfied than the hapless antics of the men in red.

However I have little to no choice as my pre payment means I have to endure what could be another nail biting, heart palpitating game where many tattooed millionaires struggle to pass a football to each other and wander off a few hundred thousand pounds richer, to their luxury homes and model wives. 

Apt Pupil it is then, unless of course the entertainment beyond my book engages me, I somehow doubt it. 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone think we can think we can afford to drop any points? I know winning our remaining game is the ideal situation and guarantees us Champions League football but I think we'll drop points before the end of the season, if Arsenal beat Utd today then I think we get minimum of 4th place, we could do with spanking someone before the seasons up boost our goal difference, I don't trust FSG to make the relevant funds available if we're not in the group stages of the Champions League, they'll hold out and it'll be too late.

Hopefully Southampton and West Ham are on their holidays and we can get 3+ goals from each games and Middlesbrough will be down and out by then. 3 huge games that could define Klopps reign.