You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Happy random acts of kindness day

Champ

Some of these 'days' are utter nonsense but I like the sound of this one...awaits the objections of you miserable gets.

So why not get out there, do one and report back.

Doing things you would normally be expected to do don't count

I bought a broken toy from a charity shop, have just fixed it, now I'm about to donate it back. Very cool little battery powered JCB.

I also flick random dog turds out of the middle of the path I walk on every day.

I love that toy fixing one.

I live about a minute's walk behind a massive Smyths toy shop & they put all the broken toys in skips at the back which I can see on my way to work. It fucking breaks my heart & I've always wanted to get over the fence to save some of them for the kids who live 5 minutes down the road in a rough as fuck housing estate. I might go & ask someone in the shop if there's any way to go about this now, you've inspired me.

• Upvote 4

I love that toy fixing one.

I live about a minute's walk behind a massive Smyths toy shop & they put all the broken toys in skips at the back which I can see on my way to work. It fucking breaks my heart & I've always wanted to get over the fence to save some of them for the kids who live 5 minutes down the road in a rough as fuck housing estate. I might go & ask someone in the shop if there's any way to go about this now, you've inspired me.

This was exactly my idea; that one person's act might inspire another. You're committed now, Mook

• Upvote 2

Didn't know about this until now, but We've just done a food run for a family of Syrian refugees who moved into the area where my Wife is the head teacher of the school. They literally didn't have a tin of beans in the house and they have three children. While the kids where in school my wife made sure they where fed every day, but she was worried about them in the school holidays, so we went around to take them a shit load of food out of the cupboards and freezer.

The look of appreciation on there faces broke my heart, (they can't speak a word of English) so it was very much hand gestures and shouting, no idea why anyone thinks saying something a bit louder will help people understand a foreign language, but there you go.

Anyway they don't get anything off the Government until the end of the month, so I'm going to order them a weekly shop on Friday when I get paid.

• Upvote 22

Guest Pistonbroke

Didn't know about this until now, but We've just done a food run for a family of Syrian refugees who moved into the area where my Wife is the head teacher of the school. They literally didn't have a tin of beans in the house and they have three children. While the kids where in school my wife made sure they where fed every day, but she was worried about them in the school holidays, so we went around to take them a shit load of food out of the cupboards and freezer.

The look of appreciation on there faces broke my heart, (they can't speak a word of English) so it was very much hand gestures and shouting, no idea why anyone thinks saying something a bit louder will help people understand a foreign language, but there you go.

Anyway they don't get anything off the Government until the end of the month, so I'm going to order them a weekly shop on Friday when I get paid.

Good on you and the missus mate. 

Well done, chief. Few more reps due your way.

Some cunt will be along shortly to accuse you of virtue signalling.

Guest Pistonbroke

It felt really good tho mate, I know it might seem a bit selfish, but the buzz I got off seeing their faces was amazing, it made me feel 10 ft tall. It's quite addictive I've got the urge to help loads of people now.

It does indeed mate. The missus is a teacher and we donated all our kids old toys/clothes to a fund she and her work colleagues set up. The response of kindness from other parents giving what they could warms the old heart and gives you belief in humanity. 

It does indeed mate. The missus is a teacher and we donated all our kids old toys/clothes to a fund she and her work colleagues set up. The response of kindness from other parents giving what they could warms the old heart and gives you belief in humanity.

Nice one. In fact you've just given me an idea, I've got loads of the little fella's toys in the loft from when he was a nipper, I'm going to get them out and give hem to the refugees kids.

• Upvote 2

Fully grown man crying in hollywood bowl. Thanks

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Nice one. In fact you've just given me an idea, I've got loads of the little fella's toys in the loft from when he was a nipper, I'm going to get them out and give hem to the refugees kids.

I'm sure they will appreciate them mate. Also, these acts of kindness works both ways, people in general tend to be more loving and generous when they have been the recipients of such kindness themselves. We had a load of old toys, many which still looked new, were boxed and well packed. We were doing that old thing where you think they can go to grand kids etc, we spoke to our kids and they all agreed that they should bring someone joy now and not further down the line. 

I'm sure they will appreciate them mate. Also, these acts of kindness works both ways, people in general tend to be more loving and generous when they have been the recipients of such kindness themselves. We had a load of old toys, many which still looked new, were boxed and well packed. We were doing that old thing where you think they can go to grand kids etc, we spoke to our kids and they all agreed that they should bring someone joy now and not further down the line.

Just had this conversation with the mrs' we have an old wooden train track that cost a fortune back in the day, We where keeping it for 'Grandkids' whenever they might come along, but who knows what type of technology and toys will be around then. The refugee kids have got fuck all, they will get so much joy out of it right now. (Well they will when I can bother my arse to dig it out of the loft)

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Just had this conversation with the mrs' we have an old wooden train track that cost a fortune back in the day, We where keeping it for 'Grandkids' whenever they might come along, but who knows what type of technology and toys will be around then. The refugee kids have got fuck all, they will get so much joy out of it right now. (Well they will when I can bother my arse to dig it out of the loft)

Yer good people mate. 

Ta mate, I'm keeping out of this thread now, feel like I'm taking it over like one of those nobs on Facebook who post shit that just screams look at me, give me some attention. (I think Cloggy was warning about this a few posts back) That wasn't my aim, just wanted to let everyone know how buzzing I was off a random act of kindness.

It still feels amazing.

Ta mate, I'm keeping out of this thread now, feel like I'm taking it over like one of those nobs on Facebook who post shit that just screams look at me, give me some attention. (I think Cloggy was warning about this a few posts back) That wasn't my aim, just wanted to let everyone know how buzzing I was off a random act of kindness.

It still feels amazing.

I'm not having a go at all. I reckon it's boss.
  • Upvote 1