You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inequality

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, A Red said:

People taking out ISA's and pensions as we come out of covid - Filthy tax avoiding weasels!

People with ISA's and pensions prior to covid - Splendid fellows! Risking life and limb for blighty!

This attempt at WUMming is cack-handed and makes you look silly.

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You're responding to the opposite of what I posted, you helmet. 

I'm not rich enough to be "tax savvy" and I don't do anything specifically to avoid tax.  But, you know that. 

Take my comments in the context of the Mail article about avoiding tax.

We all do it, you do it, you might say "i'm just trying to get a liveable pension" but you are doing it the easiest way which is to avoid tax. Therefore you, in this case, are tax savvy i.e you know that the best way to get as much for your retirement that you can is to do it the way you are.

I'm not digging at you for doing it, I'm having a go at the hypocrisy of people saying its a bad thing that a newspaper should be telling people to do what you do in order to have a decent retirement.

50 minutes ago, A Red said:

Section, although he didnt say heinous he said, 

Ha, this made me laugh. What hope have we got when you're faced with a one in a lifetime cataclysm and the onus is on how to hide your money in case the government needs to plug the whirlpool.

Essentially saying it is wrong to put money in to tax efficient schemes and to advise as such at this time.

No.

He's essentially saying it's wrong to use those schemes specifically as a means of dodging tax (as the article is advocating). Nobody is saying that having a pension or savings are inherently bad things.

You can't honestly be too thick not to see that.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, A Red said:

Take my comments in the context of the Mail article about avoiding tax.

We all do it, you do it, you might say "i'm just trying to get a liveable pension" but you are doing it the easiest way which is to avoid tax. Therefore you, in this case, are tax savvy i.e you know that the best way to get as much for your retirement that you can is to do it the way you are.

I'm not digging at you for doing it, I'm having a go at the hypocrisy of people saying its a bad thing that a newspaper should be telling people to do what you do in order to have a decent retirement.

I can honestly say that tax never entered into any consideration of paying extra contributions. 

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

No.

He's essentially saying it's wrong to use those schemes specifically as a means of dodging tax (as the article is advocating). Nobody is saying that having a pension or savings are inherently bad things.

You can't honestly be too thick not to see that.

Have you read the article?

Its not aimed at rich people to get them richer its aimed at people who might struggle and advising them to do things such as you have done. Some peoples income is based on their savings and many are worried about having the funds for retirement. Yes, its the Mail, yes theyre cunts.

Two-thirds of us are worried about tax hikes and almost one in five are concerned their savings will be in the firing line, according to research for Money Mail.

It comes after the TaxPayers' Alliance revealed the UK's tax burden is at a 70-year high.

'People are stressed that tax hikes could push them over the edge as they battle the economic effects of the pandemic,' says Sarah Coles, personal finance analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown. 'We need to start planning for tax rises now if we're going to be protected.'

Here are Money Mail's top five essential management tips to ensure you aren't handing over more to the taxman than necessary...

18 minutes ago, A Red said:

Its not aimed at rich people to get them richer its aimed at people who might struggle and advising them to do things such as you have done. Some peoples income is based on their savings and many are worried about having the funds for retirement. Yes, its the Mail, yes theyre cunts.

Two-thirds of us are worried about tax hikes and almost one in five are concerned their savings will be in the firing line, according to research for Money Mail.

It comes after the TaxPayers' Alliance revealed the UK's tax burden is at a 70-year high.

'People are stressed that tax hikes could push them over the edge as they battle the economic effects of the pandemic,' says Sarah Coles, personal finance analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown. 'We need to start planning for tax rises now if we're going to be protected.'

Here are Money Mail's top five essential management tips to ensure you aren't handing over more to the taxman than necessary...

People who are struggling are people with an income that falls below the tax threshold; people with no savings; people without a decent pension; people without any assets to speak of. People like that do not worry about tax.  That article really is not aimed at them.

That article is aimed at people with enough savings for the tax on interest to be anything more than a negligible amount. It's aimed at people with enough wealth to be liable to Inheritance Tax. (I think that applies to the richest 7%, if I remember rightly.) It's aimed at people who don't have to consider the possibility of spending their old age in poverty; people who can treat pensions as a handy tax-dodge. It's written by and for people who see tax as a personal attack on their right to accumulate heaps of stuff, rather than a national whip-round to make sure nobody starves.

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

People who are struggling are people with an income that falls below the tax threshold; people with no savings; people without a decent pension; people without any assets to speak of. People like that do not worry about tax.  That article really is not aimed at them.

That article is aimed at people with enough savings for the tax on interest to be anything more than a negligible amount. It's aimed at people with enough wealth to be liable to Inheritance Tax. (I think that applies to the richest 7%, if I remember rightly.) It's aimed at people who don't have to consider the possibility of spending their old age in poverty; people who can treat pensions as a handy tax-dodge. It's written by and for people who see tax as a personal attack on their right to accumulate heaps of stuff, rather than a national whip-round to make sure nobody starves.

Where to start with this bilge? Yes I know there are loads of people for whom ISA's and the rest are just a far off dream and are facing a life of poverty. Well done for showing that you are aware of them. 

Believe it or not there are people that live on fixed incomes of one sort or another, who have saved all their lives but are not rich and people such as you who want to make sure they can have at least some sort of life when retiring. They might have saved money or accumulated assets but they are not rich, far from it. They are doing what you have done, bought their home and invested in their futures. These people dont use a pension as a handy tax dodge or are well off enough to only see tax as personal attack that offends them.

Plenty are trying to stretch what they have as far as they can because they need to not because theyre rich. 

39 minutes ago, A Red said:

Where to start with this bilge? Yes I know there are loads of people for whom ISA's and the rest are just a far off dream and are facing a life of poverty. Well done for showing that you are aware of them. 

Believe it or not there are people that live on fixed incomes of one sort or another, who have saved all their lives but are not rich and people such as you who want to make sure they can have at least some sort of life when retiring. They might have saved money or accumulated assets but they are not rich, far from it. They are doing what you have done, bought their home and invested in their futures. These people dont use a pension as a handy tax dodge or are well off enough to only see tax as personal attack that offends them.

Plenty are trying to stretch what they have as far as they can because they need to not because theyre rich. 

Did you read the article?

It's not aimed at retired people who are scrimping to get by on their savings or equity release schemes.  It's aimed at people who have enough money sloshing around to attract tax and telling them where to hide it.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Did you read the article?

It's not aimed at retired people who are scrimping to get by on their savings or equity release schemes.  It's aimed at people who have enough money sloshing around to attract tax and telling them where to hide it.

Yes I did, it tells you why its being written and therefore who it it is aimed it. You've decided to put your own interpretation on it to suit your stance. Listen, its the Daily fucking Mail, if it wanted to do an article aimed at people with money sloshing around wanting to avoid tax it would start with "Got money sloshing around? Heres 5 tips to avoid tax"

You're just wasting time. 

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

Yes I did, it tells you why its being written and therefore who it it is aimed it. You've decided to put your own interpretation on it to suit your stance. Listen, its the Daily fucking Mail, if it wanted to do an article aimed at people with money sloshing around wanting to avoid tax it would start with "Got money sloshing around? Heres 5 tips to avoid tax"

You're just wasting time. 

Yeah. The Daily Mail always tell the unvarnished truth.

2 hours ago, A Red said:

Does the tax payers alliance break down how the tax burden is so high? I can't be arsed reading an article from the mail. I don't imagine much of that is income tax.

6 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Does the tax payers alliance break down how the tax burden is so high? I can't be arsed reading an article from the mail. I don't imagine much of that is income tax.

No it doesnt, I'm not really arguing whether they are right about that or not

Turn the lights out on the country, it’s done...

https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/2021/feb/25/job-losses-in-pandemic-due-to-performance-issues-say-nearly-half-of-britons

Nearly half of people believe those who lost their job during the pandemic were likely to have been underperforming, a survey has found.

In findings that will raise fears over inequalities in Britain, a study of attitudes by researchers at Kings College London showed a significant minority thought a widening post-Covid income gap between white people and BAME groups would not be a problem.’

This analysis throws up the complexity of people’s view about inequalities,” said Paul Johnson, director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, which will use the research for its five-year review of inequalities. “The British public is clearly concerned about some inequalities, but also sets great store by individual responsibility.”

People care more about differences between geographical areas than races, genders and generations, found researchers in the study entitled Unequal Britain.

The findings may suggest widespread support for the “levelling up” agenda espoused by the government as the country attempts to rebound after Covid, the authors said. But it will also raise questions about the popularity of anti-inequality policies focusing on ethnic minorities and women. 

Unemployment rose to 1.74 million people this week, its highest level in five years and business shutdowns are disproportionately affectingwomen and ethnic minorities.

In one of the starkest findings, one in eight Britons (13%) said they think black people are more likely to be unemployed and have lower incomes because they “lack motivation or willpower”.

This attitude was held by more than one in five of the Conservative voters polled, compared with less than one in 20 Labour supporters.

Overall, 47% said those inequalities are because of discrimination but strikingly racist views remain, with 4% of respondents saying inequality was because most black people have “less in-born ability to learn”. The researchers discovered this by asking questions rarely posed in the UK, but often included in US social surveys.’

46 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Turn the lights out on the country, it’s done...

https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/2021/feb/25/job-losses-in-pandemic-due-to-performance-issues-say-nearly-half-of-britons

Nearly half of people believe those who lost their job during the pandemic were likely to have been underperforming, a survey has found.

In findings that will raise fears over inequalities in Britain, a study of attitudes by researchers at Kings College London showed a significant minority thought a widening post-Covid income gap between white people and BAME groups would not be a problem.’

This analysis throws up the complexity of people’s view about inequalities,” said Paul Johnson, director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, which will use the research for its five-year review of inequalities. “The British public is clearly concerned about some inequalities, but also sets great store by individual responsibility.”

People care more about differences between geographical areas than races, genders and generations, found researchers in the study entitled Unequal Britain.

The findings may suggest widespread support for the “levelling up” agenda espoused by the government as the country attempts to rebound after Covid, the authors said. But it will also raise questions about the popularity of anti-inequality policies focusing on ethnic minorities and women. 

Unemployment rose to 1.74 million people this week, its highest level in five years and business shutdowns are disproportionately affectingwomen and ethnic minorities.

In one of the starkest findings, one in eight Britons (13%) said they think black people are more likely to be unemployed and have lower incomes because they “lack motivation or willpower”.

This attitude was held by more than one in five of the Conservative voters polled, compared with less than one in 20 Labour supporters.

Overall, 47% said those inequalities are because of discrimination but strikingly racist views remain, with 4% of respondents saying inequality was because most black people have “less in-born ability to learn”. The researchers discovered this by asking questions rarely posed in the UK, but often included in US social surveys.’

Thatcher will be delighted with her work. What an abhorrent section of society she fostered. And things have actually got worse since 2010.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, A Red said:

"I can honestly say" Is the giveaway here.

20 hours ago, A Red said:

Bit like yourself

Listen, Bollocks, if you think anything I've said here is untrue point it out, say why you think I'm lying and wait for me to correct you.

If you've not got the decency to do that, shut the fuck up and stop acting like a snide wee shitbag.

46 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Listen, Bollocks, if you think anything I've said here is untrue point it out, say why you think I'm lying and wait for me to correct you.

If you've not got the decency to do that, shut the fuck up and stop acting like a snide wee shitbag.

You are lying. Thats my opinion, you'll tell me you're not, I'll tell you I think you are. You'll ask why, i'll tell you why and then you'll try to prove why youre not, then i'll tell you i still think you are.

Thats it or we can be boring and play it out.

• Downvote 1

Just now, A Red said:

You are lying. Thats my opinion, you'll tell me you're not, I'll tell you I think you are. You'll ask why, i'll tell you why and then you'll try to prove why youre not, then i'll tell you i still think you are.

Thats it or we can be boring and play it out.

Fuck off you fucking cunt.

Where the fuck do you get off with this "in my opinion you're lying" shit? You have got absolutely no grounds to go throwing accusations like that around, you twat.

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Where the fuck do you get off with this "in my opinion you're lying" shit? You have got absolutely no grounds to go throwing accusations like that around, you twat.

Calm yourself down

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It should be pointed out that A Red claims to drive for a foodbank but then takes the piss out of poor people's gardens because 'pride costs nothing'.

Ziggy says there's a 96.8% chance he's an arsehole.

• Upvote 3