You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth 17/08/15

mouse1989

Coutinho can play CM in a diamond on either side or as one of the front two mids in a 4-1-2-3. Didn't watch the game in full today as I had work and school but I saw the first ten minutes and it looked like Coutinho started wide right. Im okay with him wide left in a 4-3-3 provided he's one of the attacking 3. Anything else and he needs to be central for me.

The genius that is our manager decided that it would be best to play continuo on the right, lallana in the middle and ibe on the right. Obviously it didn't work well at all.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On the plus side, you get to be all passive aggressive again, so......

I wasn't being passive aggressive, I was being judgmental. For my money, that's better than just plain mental.

Fuck the negativity, we've won 2 out of 2 and will clearly improve, a fully fit Sturridge and Firmino takes us to the next level. On a side point, been very impressed with Joe Gomez he's been very solid and assured in possession and almost faultless in defence, however it hinders our fluency and our offensive game having a very right footed player playing narrow on our left side. I have a lot of time for Moreno, he has the tools I hope Rodgers doesn't waste him or discard him based on an egoistic decision. 

I am all for being positive and all but are people seriously thinking the last 2 performances are up to our standard?

We won yes but we did not win convincingly enough to appease our fears about our manager, either about the system he currently deploys or the way he is using players.

We seem disjointed and if it wasn't for a magical moment and a mistake from the officials we could easily have been looking at 2 points instead of six. These type of performances epitomises how much we ridding our luck at the moment.

If we do the same against Arsenal and win then we are either the luckiest team in the league or Brendan Rodgers is a great tactician.

Will an Arsenal win appease some of these fears? Yes.

To win though with the current system we are going need to be lucky again otherwise I fear the worse.

If Sanchez is 'on' then any defender we could put up against him is a bit of a scary thought. In some ways I don't mind if it is Gomez. He is fast and strong and doesn't know what he can't do yet. He has the freshness of youth and he is on a rapid learning curve having hit the big time. If he is given the nod to play then it will be on merit. 

Gomez looks like a good player but he also looks like a right footed centre back, playing at left back.  Offers nothing going forward at all and tbh you can't really expect him too.  Completely blunts that left side since Bournemouth were able to double up on Ibe knowing there was no one else to worry about.

• 6 years later...