You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

33 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Best out of 3?

Two years ago, a very narrow majority voted on a promise that the UK economy would benefit. (That's just one of the lies; don't get me started on the rest!)

Today, the Government admits that every conceivable version of Brexit will harm the economy. 

Do you think that an informed electorate in a fair and honest Referendum would have returned the same result?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Two years ago, a very narrow majority voted on a promise that the UK economy would benefit. (That's just one of the lies; don't get me started on the rest!)

Today, the Government admits that every conceivable version of Brexit will harm the economy. 

Do you think that an informed electorate in a fair and honest Referendum would have returned the same result?

I think many of them had no idea what the vote was about other than kicking Cameron in the nuts 

The problem of the Irish border is still no clser to being solved  (probably because there is no workable solution - a fact that the Tories and the Brexiteers refuse to even admit).

Cue the DUP bigots wading in to try to wag the dog.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45806063

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Her response, though; she has got literally nothing but the same meaningless and dishonest platitudes that she has been trotting out since the day she became Prime Minister. 

I especially liked that she said she expected members to act in the National interest.

Be a new experience for the Tory party.

Arlene pointy nose was on the news  last night saying there should be no differences separating NI from the rest of the UK. Any fundamental law to differentiate the two would be opposed.

Next story was the bakers who got off with not making the gay fellas cake. Where NI is the only part off the UK not to allow same sex marriages.

Picking and choosing the hypocrites.

• Upvote 1

From the FT:

The prime minister’s team remains privately confident it can win over the DUP by producing a political declaration that states that any backstop deal would be “temporary and time limited”, pending agreement of a wider EU/UK free trade deal.

I'm not sure the EU will agree to that

4 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

From the FT:

The prime minister’s team remains privately confident it can win over the DUP by producing a political declaration that states that any backstop deal would be “temporary and time limited”, pending agreement of a wider EU/UK free trade deal.

I'm not sure the EU will agree to that

I'm not sure the Commons will either. 

On 10/10/2018 at 11:22 AM, magicrat said:

I think many of them had no idea what the vote was about other than kicking Cameron in the nuts 

And it worked spectacularly. Him Osborne and the heart of the Tory party are dead in the water, fucked, divided and in disarray.

But don't tell angry, his bread is buttered, he wants to go back to the last 10 years of EU austerity with mass youth European unemployment whilst mega rich farmers get EU pay outs for basically being rich.

Best not to try to debate or give a different point of view on this because you will be labelled a right wing lunatic.

• Downvote 1

23 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Her response, though; she has got literally nothing but the same meaningless and dishonest platitudes that she has been trotting out since the day she became Prime Minister. 

She's a waste of fucking skin.

It really would be best for all concerned if she was put in a cement mixer.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

But don't tell angry, his bread is buttered, he wants to go back to the last 10 years of EU austerity with mass youth European unemployment whilst mega rich farmers get EU pay outs for basically being rich.

I'll let you have that much, though. 

That is a complete and accurate statement of everything I want out of life.

Police still not investigating Leave campaigns, citing ‘political sensitivities’

JAMES CUSICK and ADAM RAMSAY 11 October 2018

Exclusive: Months after Scotland Yard received ‘substantial’ evidence of potential criminality by pro-Leave groups, nothing has happened. Is the police probe destined for the political long-grass?

ture: Isabel Infantes/EMPICS Entertainment

The Metropolitan Police has stalled the launch of any criminal investigation into three pro-Brexit campaigns – citing “political sensitivities”, openDemocracy can reveal today. Despite being handed their first dossier of evidence of potential crimes committed by pro-Leave groups over five months ago, the police force has made no progress nor logged a formal case into the activities of either Vote Leave, fronted by Boris Johnson and Michael Gove, or Leave.EU, the pro-Brexit campaign bankrolled by Arron Banks.

On 10/10/2018 at 1:37 PM, moof said:

The above link will be ignored  It's what the upholders of systems for the rich do.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/25/mep-expenses-eu-court-ruling

The gravy train running well