You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is our manager

I'm ashamed to say that I actively dislike BR; almost as much as i disliked the fucking owl

I still can't quite come to terms with losing 6 1 to Stoke and the fact the he didn't resign or get sacked on the spot

I've seen this argument a few times. Why would you sack someone for one result?  It's a touch extreme.  

I fear it will always be used as the ultimate stick of doom to beat Rodgers with.  There'll be a rabid gang of haters sprinting after him shouting "6-1" as he makes his swift exit, finally fleeing Anfield for good.   

Maybe he'll be one of those one good season on one bad season off managers like David Moyes was for his first few seasons. Maybe we'll challenge for the league next year. Maybe he'll unearth some gems and move the team forward. Maybe he'll win a trophy. Maybe I need to stop smoking crystal meth.

I've seen this argument a few times. Why would you sack someone for one result?  It's a touch extreme.  

I fear it will always be used as the ultimate stick of doom to beat Rodgers with.  There'll be a rabid gang of haters sprinting after him shouting "6-1" as he makes his swift exit, finally fleeing Anfield for good.   

Beg to differ, mate

It was a truly shocking result. Our worst in 50 odd years.

Everybody has their personal lines in the sand and that result didn't just cross mine but it stormed it reminiscent of the German Blitzkrieg circa 1940

It was not acceptable in any way, shape or form and he should have been sacked on the spot.

• Upvote 1

Beg to differ, mate

It was a truly shocking result. Our worst in 50 odd years.

Everybody has their personal lines in the sand and that result didn't just cross mine but it stormed it reminiscent of the German Blitzkrieg circa 1940

It was not acceptable in any way, shape or form and he should have been sacked on the spot.

Blitzkrieg? On the spot?  This is pure tabloid stuff, mate.  Is it a competition to see who wants Rodgers sacked the most?

Blitzkrieg? On the spot?  This is pure tabloid stuff, mate.  Is it a competition to see who wants Rodgers sacked the most?

Haha, you're right, of course

It's the only sort of language people like Rodger's understand

Powerpoint, Tabloid and Bullshit

• Upvote 2

Jesus whether it was a blitzkrieg or not who gives a toss.

"First time in 52 years since #LFC have conceded 6 or more goals. "

Thats the most important bit. 

Reality is though it does happen to teams. Arsenal have been on the end of a fair few spankings over the past few years. But the reality also is they keep finishing in the top 4 and by enlarge doing things right. 

We really cannot say the same. 

• Upvote 1

Mike Marsh has been fired. Clearly the one to blame for the season just gone.

I'm just glad to see something being done. It is ridiculous making fall guys out of the likes of him. 

But if it means he ends up hiring a coach who knows something about organizing a defence then I'm more than happy. 

The result was the culmination of a season of horrors. Every single problem was on display, from our want away "star" to clueless tactics and it was STOKE. The last time we got beaten by 5 goals was our first season back in the old first division when a certain J Greaves scored 4 in a match dominated by Jimmy Mackay - and we neither played badly or gave up like we did against fucking Stoke. All the problems are directly down to the manger, who plays, where they play and how they play. FSGs backing of this duplicitous conman, the clueless committee and the inept clown that is Ayres shows the lack of ambition and respect for the club these carpet-baggers have.

The catchcry may well be "Stoke 6-1" but it could just as easily be "fucking Real/Villa/Arsenal/Crystal Palace/Hull or any other of our sub par shit"

• Upvote 1

The result was the culmination of a season of horrors. Every single problem was on display, from our want away "star" to clueless tactics and it was STOKE. The last time we got beaten by 5 goals was our first season back in the old first division when a certain J Greaves scored 4 in a match dominated by Jimmy Mackay - and we neither played badly or gave up like we did against fucking Stoke. All the problems are directly down to the manger, who plays, where they play and how they play. FSGs backing of this duplicitous conman, the clueless committee and the inept clown that is Ayres shows the lack of ambition and respect for the club these carpet-baggers have.

The catchcry may well be "Stoke 6-1" but it could just as easily be "fucking Real/Villa/Arsenal/Crystal Palace/Hull or any other of our sub par shit"

It's a fair comment that, taken as a whole, last season was not good enough.  It's hardly a novel point to make, though.  Everyone knows it.

Plenty of records broken this season, mostly in negative fashion. The five clean sheet thing has been aired a lot lately. Must be our best defence since 1972 it's such a popular stat.

We all know the reason we haven't scored more this season. What is the reason we have conceded near enough the same ? Bad buys, poor coaching, poor tactics. Who is to blame ?

I will get behind the team on the pitch as I've always done. I am not behind the manager unless he stops fucking around. Losing I can take, looking a fucking shambles with square pegs in round holes is not good enough.

Mike Marsh has been shown the door. What's the odds on Pascoe moving down one place and an experienced coach coming in with a lot more say. Not DoF of course.

The charge sheet is much more compelling than a humiliation at Stoke which some just accept with a shrug of the shoulders.

The only argument for retaining his services is that FSG would not appoint anyone better for fear of rocking the boat.

The charge sheet is much more compelling than a humiliation at Stoke ..

No it isn't.  He's saying he should be sacked for the 6-1 loss to Stoke alone, as soon as the final whistle has gone, and if not he should tender his resignation.  That's what the "charge sheet" is.   

No it isn't.  He's saying he should be sacked for the 6-1 loss to Stoke alone, as soon as the final whistle has gone, and if not he should tender his resignation.  That's what the "charge sheet" is.

Should anyone be sacked for a singe result alone? No.

Maybe the OP meant that, maybe they didn't. My point was that the case against is much more substantive than any single game.

Was the Stoke game symptomatic of a greater malaise? I think there is a case. For Brendan to claim that we will return with "even greater levels of motivation" when he was responsible for the abject levels of motivation that day was a curious claim.

The unique circumstances of two years ago will never be repeated, and hoping that Brendan can apply whatever he did that season to now is hopelessly flawed. Hoping that he can buy and coach new forwards when the likes of lambert and Supermario have gone backwards and Aspas has been exiled to win the Europa Cup hardly inspires confidence.