You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

that's right dickhead, supporting a very good Liverpool manager who has us playing the best football in 20 years is being a manc. 

Present tense? We've played dreadful football in a majority of games this season. His first season was awful. The first half of last season was very good results wise but we weren't exactly playing great football. 

A few months last season (December to April) we played great attacking football as we have for other spells in the last 20 years. Like the other 20 years it wasn't enough to win the league (or anything else).

Liverpool have 22 pts from 17 games. No team in Premier League history with that record has finished higher than 6th.

In Rodgers' first season here we had 22 points from his first 17 games. We finished 7th then despite being a lot better after Christmas.

There was positives today we just need to run with it and see how it goes. I'm afraid I'd have the players doing double training sessions I'd get a school P.E. Teacher in to teach the players the basics of striking a football seeing how no coach liverpool employ can seem to get that fucking message across and hit that massive rectangular target they are supposed to be aiming for. Top flight footballers they ought to be ashamed of their skill set on that front.

Rodgers is never going to get us to defend well as a unit he just can't do balance, so he needs to buy a shit hot keeper to take command and breed confidence and he needs to throw all the rest of his eggs on goal scorers, do your homework fuck the next transfers up and you are gone and their can be no arguments. Today though at least we showed there's a team in their somewhere even if arsenal were atrocious. I just hope rodgers doesn't do his its fixed now so let's get back to swansea sterile dogshit football and lose confidence all over again.

Have you watched out last three games? Have you seen a significant improvement?

not exactly much of a starting point to be better than we have been.

One point from six from awful United and Arsenal sides via an injury time goal. Two sides we're way behind already.

We need championship form for the rest of the season now just to get 4th. Playing some good football isnt enough.

Fuck the total we have now, the question is are we moving in the right direction? The answer is yes.

Oh and fuck Benitez!

Not exactly hard to improve upon the giant heap of shit that we've been watching all season, if anything it was harder to get any worse.

Fuck Benitez and presumably all hail Rodgers? weird.

not exactly much of a starting point to be better than we have been.

One point from six from awful United and Arsenal sides via an injury time goal. Two sides we're way behind already.

We need championship form for the rest of the season now just to get 4th. Playing some good football isnt enough.

No, but we are where we are.

We are playing some excellent football, and I'm sure with a bit of luck and confidence the results will follow.

We won 1 of the 3 against a championship side. Lost heavily to a shite Manc side and needed an injury time goal to draw at home. Fuckoff

I think you are kind of missing the point Marko. I'd explain, but I fear my efforts at getting you to understand logic and reason would be wasted. 

So you fuck off!

• Upvote 1

Liverpool have 22 pts from 17 games. No team in Premier League history with that record has finished higher than 6th.

I don't think that stat matters so much, if we can get some players in quickly in January that help us enough we can still make it. We have a group of decent players here but the defence is a joke and we have no good enough strikers at the moment. With Sturridge and a couple of other good enough players we can do it, but it's questionable now whether or not Rodgers is going to get the right players in if he stays. There's also the question of how many points we're going to drop with Jones in goal, and Lovren being picked if he returns shortly, before any new players can even arrive.

Am almost neutral to the whole manager thing now, but can't help but think how good this team will be with a top striker and a better defence. I'd rather it was Rodgers managing that team, but if we don't get things sorted in defence quick enough it doesn't look like he's going to be around much longer.

No, but we are where we are. We are playing some excellent football, and I'm sure with a bit of luck and confidence the results will follow.

i've no doubt results will improve but we need more than 2 points a game here on in for any chance of 4th. It just seems like Rodgers first season where we're supposed to be grateful for any improvement on shite.

I think you are kind of missing the point Marko. I'd explain, but I fear my efforts at getting you to understand logic and reason would be wasted.

So you fuck off!

The point is you need to win games. You get fuck all for dominating and losing.

I understand what you are saying perfectly but just don't agree.

i've no doubt results will improve but we need more than 2 points a game here on in for any chance of 4th. It just seems like Rodgers first season where we're supposed to be grateful for any improvement on shite.

It wasn't just any improvement after the first six months though was it, when we added a good striker with pace in sturridge we started playing excellent football and were battering teams home and away, 6-0 Newcastle, 4-0 Swansea and we were only a goal keeping error away from beating city at the etihad.

Id expect getting sturridge back or another to have a similar affect on our team, tactics were not to blame for the goals we conceded today and that could be said for a lot of the goals over Rodgers time.

• Upvote 1

how about 8 from 5..where do we draw the line?

couldn't you see the excellent performance today - serious question like?

It really wasn't an excellent performance. We had 7 midfielders over running an average Arsenal team who proved to you don't have to be good to put Liverpool to the sword. We're toothless at either end of the pitch and whilst we have definitely looked better lately it's only in comparison to the Hodgsonesque shite we've been served up so far this season.

2 points out of a possible 9, with two of those games at home.

The play might be improving somewhat, but the results aren't really.

In order for the results to start improving, it seems like we're going to have to start relying on scoring at least 3 a game more often.

That's a big ask. 

I do think Brendan deserves more time, he earned it last year. I actually thought we were alright in the first half of his first season, we were nowhere near as bad as we've been this season.

I was getting fed up but we are looking better (not that it was a hard feat to do so) in the last two games. Partly down to luck as I doubt he would have dropped Johnson and Lovren without the injuries, nor would he have played Sakho. But it does look like we're finding a system. Let's see how we do in our next six games now that we've found a system that suits the team.

We absolutely must sign a striker in January. No excuses.

So to sum up...

We ignore how shit the defensive side of our game has (always) been, and evade any questions about it and move the subject onto something else, anything! Politician style.

We ignore everything else that has happened up until the United game where we started playing this excellent football even though we have barely anything to show for this excellent football apart from yet more goals conceded.

We ignore the 22 points from 17 games bit.

Sturridge is going to rescue the season.

Ahh, that feels better already! what were we all worried about?

It wasn't just any improvement after the first six months though was it, when we added a good striker with pace in sturridge we started playing excellent football and were battering teams home and away, 6-0 Newcastle, 4-0 Swansea and we were only a goal keeping error away from beating city at the etihad.

Id expect getting sturridge back or another to have a similar affect on our team, tactics were not to blame for the goals we conceded today and that could be said for a lot of the goals over Rodgers time.

And where did we finish? 7th, we lost to Oldham in the FA Cup and went out in the first knockout round of the Europa League. If you said we'd achieve the same this season then big improve or not it won't be good enough, regardless of how good the football is.

If a big improvement on Rodgers first half season (exactly the same up to now points wise) got us 7th then it's going to take a lot more than that to get us where we need to be in May.

I do think Brendan deserves more time, he earned it last year. I actually thought we were alright in the first half of his first season, we were nowhere near as bad as we've been this season.

I was getting fed up but we are looking better (not that it was a hard feat to do so) in the last two games. Partly down to luck as I doubt he would have dropped Johnson and Lovren without the injuries, nor would he have played Sakho. But it does look like we're finding a system. Let's see how we do in our next six games now that we've found a system that suits the team.

We absolutely must sign a striker in January. No excuses.

Agree with that but 22 points from the first 17 league games 2 seasons out of 3 is piss poor. It's the same record as the Hodgson season twice in three seasons. You don't get CL football with starts like that.

And where did we finish? 7th, we lost to Oldham in the FA Cup and went out in the first knockout round of the Europa League. If you said we'd achieve the same this season then big improve or not it won't be good enough, regardless of how good the football is.

If a big improvement on Rodgers first half season (exactly the same up to now points wise) got us 7th then it's going to take a lot more than that to get us where we need to be in May.

The way forward for our team is to improve confidence and match performances which is what we have been doing lately, there have been gradual signs of improvement over the last few games.

We were unlucky against arsenal but if we continue playing the way we have been we will get wins in the upcoming games..

• Upvote 1