You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

First pic of Affleck as Batman...

Special K

I'm expecting this will be the DC equivalent of the Avengers film. Lots of action and humour with very little what actually makes the character(s) great. Not sure I'll go see it at the cinema like I did the Nolan trilogy unless the reception is positive. 

I really didn't want to go to see the Avengers at the cinema, got dragged there and ended up having a snooze. It's not a terrible film, it's just I'd rather read the comics truth be told. Looking forward to the new X-Men though. First Class was good. 

"we want to stay as far away as possible from the campy 70s version"......... 2mins in..

http://seekcartoon.com/watch/26116-the-simpsons-season-7-episode-2-radioactive-man.html#.U3TD4Xbj_rl

My favourite episode.

'I keep telling you, he's 73 years old and he's dead!'

I'm expecting this will be the DC equivalent of the Avengers film. Lots of action and humour with very little what actually makes the character(s) great. Not sure I'll go see it at the cinema like I did the Nolan trilogy unless the reception is positive. 

I really didn't want to go to see the Avengers at the cinema, got dragged there and ended up having a snooze. It's not a terrible film, it's just I'd rather read the comics truth be told. Looking forward to the new X-Men though. First Class was good. 

My favourite episode.

Captain America is a bellend.

That is all.

The newest film was fanfuckingtastic

Not really looking forward to Superman 2/batman

I dont like the casting too much and wasn't keen on man of steel that much either.

The first half was ok but the second half just wasn't superman for me

Wonder woman is shite. Here's my invisible fucking Ferrari, now bend over and give me some.

I think Wonder Woman is pretty cool actually. If the whole culture and hollywood in turn wasn't so sexist we might have a few decent films there. Wonder Woman could work fine, but only if we had some decent fucking writers. Like I often say, get Grant Morrison or Ellis in to do something and stop pandering to the mainstream. I think it speaks volumes about the sexism in our culture that she's not already in the closing stages of her trilogy anyway. DC might have made the Batman trilogy but they still have a lot to answer for.

My favourite episode.

Gotta love the scoutmaster, "dont be afraid to use your nails boys hahaha"

It was only recently that I got to watch the 60s Batmans when they were on ITV4, my dad loved it as a kid and I wanted to see what it was like, all the parodies are spot on. Loved watching them with a smile on my face.

I was only familiar with the new Batman movies....

Like I often say, get Grant Morrison or Ellis

Have a listen to Morrisons interviews with Kevin Smith on the Fatman on Batman podcasts.

The history behind WW and the man who created is really interesting

Have a listen to Morrisons interviews with Kevin Smith on the Fatman on Batman podcasts.

The history behind WW and the man who created is really interesting

Not done that but might do soon, so cheers! Morrison guts me in a way because The Invisibles is one of my all time favourites, if only he'd done more original work. But yeah he's great, (I just think he's greater when he does his own original work.) hope he's doing well with whatever he's up to at the moment, have got a lot of respect for him.

I think that when you're a fan of The Invisibles it kind of never leaves you, great series. Truly fucking mindblowing in places. I've never had hope that hollywood would film it because they simply don't have the balls to, and the sooner it's accepted the better. If they did they'd leave tons out, and Grant would probably turn into the next Moore; he'd loathe them for it.

He talks about his whole life in the interviews from his Dad being a anti nuclear protester to his early work and chaos magic, Batman up to his latest work.

There are interviews with loads of people involved ib Batman be it the animated series (Mark Hamill, Tara Strong, paul Dini) to Synder's new work in DC 52.

This is the mask they adding to the special edition graphic novel of Death of the Family in October

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't mind Morrison's Doom Patrol getting the series treatment. Would have to be AMC or HBO though. I'm not huge on his more recent stuff though. Thought a lot of his Batman man stuff was average and the relaunched Superman was pretty poor. 

Anyway on topic, I actually like the new Bat-suit. Very DKR. 

I don't have a problem with Affleck at all, really.  I usually enjoy his films.  He's not a great actor or anything, but he usually attaches himself to decent stuff... (minus a couple of WTFs like Gigli, and Daredevil)

It's just that he's about as intimidating as a box of kittens.  Batman needs to have a bit of badassery about him.