You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sony Xperia Z Tablet

Sugar Ape

If you find a good deal on a case let us know because I am going to order one this weekend, should be great for xbmc.

I ordered it off Very before and ordered this case http://www.amazon.co.uk/SONY-XPERIA-Tablet-Case-integrated/dp/B00CFUYEGE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392314367&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+xperia+z+tablet+case off Amazon, comes with a Stylus as well.

I am going to order one later. Only concern I had was that I download a lot from filhosting sites like rapidgator and dont think you can use them on android but with this xbmc up and running I wont need to. Apparently the battery life is one of the negatives of the Xperia Z but as long as it lasts about 5 hours I am happy.

I've managed to sort mine now with everything I need. Got XBMC sorted and running great, some videos I transferred were playing without sound, whether on the device or the SD card, downloaded VLC player and they are all playing fine.

And also just managed to sort out the comics which look fantastic on it.

• Upvote 2

I've managed to sort mine now with everything I need. Got XBMC sorted and running great, some videos I transferred were playing without sound, whether on the device or the SD card, downloaded VLC player and they are all playing fine.

And also just managed to sort out the comics which look fantastic on it.

Glad its all sorted for you. Its a great tablet, very smooth and polished. I downloaded PS store but its crap!

When you're watching something, press the screen and just below the pause/stop/fast forward etc... buttons there are a few icons, one of which is for audio.

Press that and a sub menu should open on the right hand side of the screen and there is a audio offset option. Run your finger on that and you can move the audio backwards or forwards to different degrees, try that until you match it up with the screen ( like I said mine had to go forward by 0.333 ) and then at the bottom of the menu it says something like keep this setting for every programme. Press that and job done.

I got that case off Amazon incidentally and it's sound, the stylus that comes with it is very good as well.

When you're watching something, press the screen and just below the pause/stop/fast forward etc... buttons there are a few icons, one of which is for audio.

Press that and a sub menu should open on the right hand side of the screen and there is a audio offset option. Run your finger on that and you can move the audio backwards or forwards to different degrees, try that until you match it up with the screen ( like I said mine had to go forward by 0.333 ) and then at the bottom of the menu it says something like keep this setting for every programme. Press that and job done.

I got that case off Amazon incidentally and it's sound, the stylus that comes with it is very good as well.

I ordered the same one. I aint copying, I Promise!

I've no idea why you'd hold out for the new tablet. It'll take months to come out, be more expensive, and doesn't do anything the old one doesn't do that would affect me.

As far as I can tell it's got a slightly faster proscessor, it's 3gb ram rather that 2gb and it's 6.4mm thick rather thatn 6.3mm thick.

My XBMC is working sound on this, I can stream footy in HD on it which again works perfect, and it reads comics great. The only slight problem I'm having with it at the minute is that Netflix isn't quite in sync, but looking at various forums this seems to be a problem with Netflix not the tablet.