You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The main objective has to be to strengthen the areas where we are weak and for me, that still means the midfield.

We don't dominate possession enough because we don't have the players to keep the ball in tight areas with short passes. Lucas isn't bad, but he is much better passing in straight lines rather than making a turn to find space. Gerrard is great but he ain't getting any younger and we have to face up to him not playing every game. Henderson has other assets such as great work rate and stamina but his technique is also not conducive to controlling possession. 

We need an Alonso-clone who can find space under pressure and move the team forward. There's a few of these in La Liga such as Munian and that's the type of player I would target to take us onto the next level.

Rather a Mascherano clone.

A neg for that? Tough crowd.

OK, sign the other player, who is like Diame, instead.

Diame is cheap, thats why i thought he'd be realistic.

And he's better than Momo for a fucking start.

We're not going to sign anyone like Momo or Diame. They can't pass a football to one of their team mates.

• Upvote 1

Mascherano still with that bitch wifey? No chance then.

Such a fucking shame that Everton are shithouses and so we never had a chance of Fellaini, Rooney, nor Baines and Barkley or Jagielka or Arteta. That nice middling club who can't resist a big offer, we can't access it but our competitors can.

If there is such a thing as 'fast track', I'd like to see Jordan Rossiter put on such a thing.

Mascherano still with that bitch wifey? No chance then.

Such a fucking shame that Everton are shithouses and so we never had a chance of Fellaini, Rooney, nor Baines and Barkley or Jagielka or Arteta. That nice middling club who can't resist a big offer, we can't access it but our competitors can.

If there is such a thing as 'fast track', I'd like to see Jordan Rossiter put on such a thing.

Silverstone preferably.

Why we didn't get eriksen ill never know, fits our profile and was cheap.It was inevitable this season teams would be all over coutinho, we needed another player who can play the final pass.

We didn't go for Eriksen for the same reason we didn't go for Benteke - we've got better players in those positions and they wouldn't have chosen to come to us just to be back-up/competition.

The manager couldn't state he's happy with our midfield any more times.  I don't agree with that at all, it's looked shambolic at times but wishing for a midfielder in January is a lost cause.

Doubt anyone will be signing tbh.  Moses came in instead of the attacker we failed to land.  

The manager couldn't state he's happy with our midfield any more times.  I don't agree with that at all, it's looked shambolic at times but wishing for a midfielder in January is a lost cause.

Doubt anyone will be signing tbh.  Moses came in instead of the attacker we failed to land.  

You're not the most positive of chaps, Batigol!

• Downvote 1

You're not the most positive of chaps, Batigol!

How many more times to you need Brendan to state he's happy with our centre midfield?  Many times he's said we don't need the type of midfielder people are asking for and instead talked of getting more creative and goals from there, the exact opposite to the ball winning type that most seem to be craving.

So unless he has a massive change of heart it's not going to be happening.  

How many more times to you need Brendan to state he's happy with our centre midfield?  Many times he's said we don't need the type of midfielder people are asking for and instead talked of getting more creative and goals from there, the exact opposite to the ball winning type that most seem to be craving.

So unless he has a massive change of heart it's not going to be happening.  

It was a general observation, really.

I agree with you, the defence would appear to need better protection. I listened to Rodgers say the other day - somewhere or other - that he believes the game is won and lost in the midfield. Things are not bearing out that way for us, though.

• Downvote 1

With Suarez back we'll offer a greater goal threat, and Moses will offer an outlet. Sterling looked good for the u21s too, so whilst i agree that a midfielder of note would be nice, i still think there's some balancing to do before we get to that point.

It's make or break this year for Allen though.

I think Rodgers will get it right. Maybe it's a system thing.