You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Simon Mignolet

Mignolet shot stopping has been very impressive thus far. He isn't very commanding of our defenders though, maybe it's because he's new. Agger deserved a bollocking for that back pass yesterday but Mignolet just shrugged it off and got on with things.

Would like to clarify I also have nothing against Reina I just think that a few who seemed to have missed his obvious failings over recent years (in my opinion of course) are the ones who probably won't give Mignolet the credit he deserves

I thought Reina was immense from 2005-2010 and second best keeper in the world in that period, just unfortunate for him that the best one played for the same national side but I do feel its been a while since he was at his best, for two and a half years I thought he was woeful though for a while maintained hope that that was just a blip and he'd come good again and then second half of last year he did better but still nowhere near his best and not enough to warrant keeping given previous events, I just feel this summer just like I did with Dirk (who I also have utmost respect for his contribution) a year earlier that his time at the club was probably up. I wish Reina all the best think we've done the right thing in replacing him with a young keeper who i believe has the potential to be fantastic for us.

Anyway although I've also been drawn into the Mig v Pepe debate I do think this thread should from now on just concentrate on how ace Mig is!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Would like to clarify I also have nothing against Reina I just think that a few who seemed to have missed his obvious failings over recent years (in my opinion of course) are the ones who probably won't give Mignolet the credit he deserves

Yep.

I think everyone wants Mignolet to be brilliant. If he looks dodgy on crosses it'll be nothing to do with Reina.

Too early to judge him on crosses, I think.

He's played Stoke with all the height in their team and Villa with Benteke. He's flapped at a few, but so would probably most of the keepers in the league against those two sides.

Reina used to flap when he first came to the club and then he made the choice to punch the ball and I thought he was right to do that with the modern ball and he was much more successful once he made that change.

Mignolet doesn't need to always catch the ball and might need to punch more.

Fuck? Negged? No. Noooo. Nooooooo.

I'll be posting up others later now you've Negged me.

This isn't Reina vs Mignolet.

You putting up those gifs is doing exactly that.

Don't need to knock Reina to praise Mignolet.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This isn't Reina vs Mignolet.

You putting up those gifs is doing exactly that.

Don't need to knock Reina to praise Mignolet.

I don't consider showing things that actually happened to be a knock at all. Still, now I know it annoys people, I shall be posting others when I'm back at the computer.

I don't consider showing things that actually happened to be a knock at all. Still, now I know it annoys people, I shall be posting others when I'm back at the computer.

Well at least be balanced then if you are going to act like that (bashing one of our best keepers ever), show all the good saves he did last season!

Doesn't annoy me, just make you look like a bit of a dwad!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Well at least be balanced then if you are going to act like that (bashing one of our best keepers ever)' date=' show all the good saves he did last season![/quote']

In what way is it bashing him? For fuck sake, you've got cunts on here saying that Mig's save were bog standard, that his distribution is shit, posting less than average videos of Reina and saying they'd expect Reina to have saved it, yet when I post a gif or Reina not doing it against the same player it's suddenly a crime?

Fuck that, I'll stick up for that lad who wants to be here, the one who is earning us points. Fuck those acting dismissively towards him. I'll support the player who is in between our sticks, ta. If anybody has an issue with me posting what Reina actually did and can't face the reality of what happened, save your negs up.

In what way is it bashing him? For fuck sake, you've got cunts on here saying that Mig's save were bog standard, that his distribution is shit, posting less than average videos of Reina and saying they'd expect Reina to have saved it, yet when I post a gif or Reina not doing it against the same player it's suddenly a crime?

Fuck that, I'll stick up for that lad who wants to be here, the one who is earning us points. Fuck those acting dismissively towards him. I'll support the player who is in between our sticks, ta. If anybody has an issue with me posting what Reina actually did and can't face the reality of what happened, save your negs up.

We all know what Reina did, he made some mistakes - Mignolet probably will this season as well. We judge players over a long period of time, not a few mistakes!

Mignolet is playing very well and is helping us win games. Reina was a top keeper for us. Don't see the need to have pops at either. As many have said this shouldn't be Mignolet vs Reina.

Just wanted to quote this against for Ang.

I am sure Mignolet will be a very good keeper for us, but I cannot see why everyone is getting so excited about that save against villa. I would expect any keeper playing in the premier league to save it