You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst ever Liverpool performance?

redfromtubebar

The first half on Saturday has to be up there with anything witnessed over the past 20 years and I realise that includes a lot of abjectness indeed. I actually can't remember ever being as enraged watching a game as I was this one.

Anyway, which other horror shows can this be compared to?

Oldham FA Cup obviously. We get taken to the cleaners by some fucking ork that hasn't scored at home for 3 years.

Northampton home 2010. Miserable conditions, miserable team. Team at the bottom of the 4th tier plays us off the park in front of the Kop.

Strasbourg away 1998. Who? The death of the underachievers. This group should have won the league. Instead, they're remembered more for white suits.

Bristol City home 1994. Should have lost by 5 to a team battling relegation from the league below. How the mighty had fallen by that point.

Portsmouth away 2009. Bottom of the league and we didn't bother turning up at all. Masch sent off when it was already 1-0 and we barely had a shot all game. The fixture where many turned on Rafa.

Keep them coming.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 nil defeat at goodison , 2007 was it? fucking awful that day. very depressed leaving the ground after that one and went home instead of the planned day on the ale in town.

reading knocking us out the cup a few years ago at anfield was shit and all.

villa home this season. fucking gutless performance.

2nd half against chelsea in the fa cup when we were 2 nil up at half time. lost 4-2. great first half. looked like a different team in the 2nd half made up of fucking whoppers.

the fa cup final in 96. white suit final. both teams were shit but we just pipped them in overall shitness. it was my first fa cup final and i was fucking buzzing going down. dont remember much other than crying on the coach on the way home. i was only 12.... worst ever feeling as a red that was.

The current leasgue table shows us 7th, having scored more goals than the Worlds' most expensively assembled team, Man City.

We didn't play well on Saturday. However any similarities with Rafa's fractious ending. the Hodgson mistake, or Kenny's demoralised end to last season is spurious.

Teams have good days, and bad days.

We were pretty shit on Saturday front to back, but we've seen much worse over the last 10 years, and I'm sure beyond that as well. At least I only had 70 miles to travel - it's the likes of LL and others who's got up at some godforsaken hour to get down there are the ones to give credit to.

Guest San Don
The current leasgue table shows us 7th, having scored more goals than the Worlds' most expensively assembled team, Man City.

We didn't play well on Saturday. However any similarities with Rafa's fractious ending. the Hodgson mistake, or Kenny's demoralised end to last season is spurious.

Teams have good days, and bad days.

Yes, that says everything you need to know about mancini's manergerial skills.

The last time we played Southampton away (before Saturday) in Benitez's first season wasn't too clever. 2004/5, 0-2 to a side that was eventually relegated. Crouch scored for them. Awful performance. 0-1 away to Palace that the same season wasn't much better either. And a 0-2 away at Wimbledon, some time around '93/'94 was wrist slittingly bad.

The home cup defeats against Reading and Barnsley under Rafa were rubbish.

Also we lost 2-0 under Houllier at home to Crystal Palace in one of the cups. Henchoz scored an o.g. How ever my lasting memory is Hesk*y running from the half way line one on one with the keeper and passing it back straight into his chest.

FA Cup Semi 1990 vs Palace

We beat them 9-0 earlier in the season, we led at HT yet we let them back it into this game 20 seconds after the restart, then our defence forgot how to defend, losing 4 goals to them was ludicrous.

If we beat them, we would have humiliated, hufuckingmiliated Jim Leighton at Wembley and they'd be no 4 or 5th chance for Ferguson and he'd be fucked off back to Aberdeen.

Crystal fucking Palace.

There have been countless games at home over the last 10 years where we've struggled to create one chance worth the name against average opposition. Then have to listen to the manager resorting to stats about possession or chances when it's obvious to anyone with half an ounce of understanding about the game that the team performance was dire, the players were static and clueless, and there was no coherent strategy.

Yesterday was just as bad, as it was clear from early on that Allen was having another crisis of confidence and form, Skrtel was trying to give away fouls in dangerous areas, and Sturridge didn't fancy it. Added to that, the front three rotated so much in the second half that no-one had a clue who was supposed to be where.

We don't have two midfielders strong, mobile, or frankly good enough to go 2 against 3 in the centre without coming a cropper. They walked through our midfield all day yesterday.

I think Rodgers made a huge misjudgement yesterday. He underestimated the opposition, and he thought he could give a few players a gentle reintroduction to the side. Had Henderson played, or Lucas played, with Gerrard and Allen, we may have taken the control that we needed to win the game, and Southampton may have found it a little more difficult to walk through our team at will.

Forest 0-0 at home in 1993.

Fucking horrible.

Matchdetails from Liverpool - Nottingham Forest played on 06.02.1993 - LFChistory - Stats galore for Liverpool FC!

http://www.lfchistory.net/Images/newspapers/riley/19930206vNottmF.pdf

Ipswich at home two weeks later (also nil - nil) wasn't much fucking better. Think Forest got relegated that season too.

Goodison derby 93/94. Dicks made his debut, Grobbelaar and Mcmanaman pushed each other around after their first goal and Tony Cottee scored a farcical second. We were abysmal. And to make matters worse i was sitting with a load of mates (all blues) in the Lower Bullens.

Loads of Souness era performances were so, so bad - seem to recall getting stuffed 5-1 at Coventry the season before. At Coventry!